gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 15, 2024, 10:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Build dilemma
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Build dilemma  (Read 2923 times)

gossa

Build dilemma
« on: August 25, 2010, 08:05 PM »
So i've had this one on the go for over a year, means a lot to me as I rode for Revcore BITD but I can't be arsed to finish it as i've found myself losing a bit of interest in old stuff in favor of getting a nu skool bike and actually riding it. This has been spurred on at MK10 when I hardly looked at any of the show bikes all day I was was having so much fun riding.

All I need is a brake, grips I have, and to finish off the pedal cages but i've just lost interest.

So do I finish it and just stand back and admire it or strip it down and sell it all off to fund a nu skool cruiser?  There's a lot of NOS parts on there that cost me a fortune (NOS revcore hubs on NOS chrome 7L's) so i'll probably have to take a hit on some of the bits, jeeze I even paid over $100 for the NOS decals!

Revcore Pro XL frame, early S&M Revcore forks, Revcore stem, uncut pro bars, seatpost, single pinch 401's, bubble font 44T, Revcore Gen 2 pedals and the list goes on.....

What do you reckon then? Will I regret not finishing it??

And me on my Revcore in 1988.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: Build dilemma
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 08:09 PM »
finish it man..shes a beaut.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 08:10 PM »
finish it,then put it on display in the shop.that is lurvly.   :smitten:  :smitten:  i'd love one of those.

Offline stevochb

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Very nice  :4_17_5:

If it was mine I would get it completed and then see how I felt, especialy after the time and money that has already been invested :daumenhoch:

gossa

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 08:14 PM »
I'm in over a grand so far, the hubs and rims were killers.....

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 08:18 PM »
id definately split and sell the crank to me :LolLolLolLol:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 08:19 PM »
i might have some cages ..i say might i had some spare a while back.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 08:33 PM »

I say keep it and finish it. The bike obviously means a lot to you, as you would never have started it in the first place. You will only regret it a year down the line.

Very nice build by the way.  :daumenhoch:

gossa

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 08:34 PM »
i might have some cages ..i say might i had some spare a while back.

Oh cheers Harris but I have them, just took them off to polish the buggers! I could do with some bolts though? If you have some new cages then let me know, ARGHHH I'm getting excited about it again!!

These are the Mk2 pedals (I have some gen1 ones as well, they had the smaller countersunk head bolts and no R engraved on the body).

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 09:04 PM »
finish it clive you know it makes sence ;)
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 09:20 PM »
You can pick up a new school cruiser every day of the week, put that lovely Revcore on hold.....

Put your hand in your pocket and go and build a cruiser. A second hand Standard 125 frame wouldn't set you back very much a nice set of landing gear and a few tatty bits to get it up and running and hey presto your still got a great old school ride and something to rip around on.

All the best things in life take time  :daumenhoch:

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 09:29 PM »
That is a lovely lovely build, you must finish it!

daz bmx it!

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Class  :4_17_5: get it finished :daumenhoch:

Shiner

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 10:02 PM »
It needs to be finished  :daumenhoch:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 10:30 PM »

Finish it  :daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

martylaa

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 10:34 PM »
split it or sell the project to someone else and do what you wanna do which is get a nu school rider

gossa

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 10:41 PM »
split it or sell the project to someone else and do what you wanna do which is get a nu school rider

Getting a new rider anyway and probably a cruiser but i've just lost interest in building anything old. Not that I was a big builder or collector anyway, was just building bikes that meant something to me personally but after spending so much time, effort and cash in this build, I just can't be bothered to finish it.  I think it's because MK made me realize it's the riding that counts.

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 10:52 PM »
Clive i am comming down to the shop on FRIDAY me and CONNIE i will make sure i change your mind or it will come back with me  :daumenhoch:

WOODY

SaMAlex

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 10:54 PM »
Ive got loads of bikes that just aint getting built. One bike that means loads to me, my mk1 dirtbike, has been sat for ages. Ive got most of the parts, Im just not really that worried/bothered about getting it built. It'll happen one day, no hurry. I guess your bike is different cos you have money tied up in it but it'll be easier to find the money for a new cruiser than it would be to find all those parts again. Just put it safely to one side ..... for now.

btw, its so good that MK10 got you fired up to ride. I loved that after a whole day of racing, right after the finals you took off to the start hill again, shouting over at me: "Come on Alex, lets go BMXing!".

jon_e

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 10:58 PM »
Chuck a pitbull on it...take some pictures and split the fooker and lets have some fun riding! :knuppel2:

gossa

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 11:00 PM »
Yeah, I got the bug again Alex!  

Don't get me wrong, I don't need the cash back out of this one but I also don't want the cash tied up if i've just fallen out of love of doing some OS builds. I might never get the satisfaction out of building it.  However, it has got a long tt, is old school legal and i still have all my race gear (and it fits me)! So it might come in handy next MK?????

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 11:04 PM »
KEEP IT  :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 01:19 AM »
Get it Finished :smitten:

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 01:48 AM »
Finish it and race it.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 11:02 AM »
Yeah, I got the bug again Alex!  

Don't get me wrong, I don't need the cash back out of this one but I also don't want the cash tied up if i've just fallen out of love of doing some OS builds. I might never get the satisfaction out of building it.  However, it has got a long tt, is old school legal and i still have all my race gear (and it fits me)! So it might come in handy next MK?????

You've answered your question there Clive , finish it & hang it in the shop then race it at MK11  ;) . Looks super nice by the way  :) .

NS Cruisers are ten a penny , I've a 04/05 Supercross UL24 ( Cromo , none of this hydroformed ally stuff ) which I really like  ;) , get one bought .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Build dilemma

gfxgfx
gfx gfx