gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975596 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 06, 2024, 02:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Youngsters and old school..
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Youngsters and old school..  (Read 649 times)

HEYWOOD BMX

Youngsters and old school..
« on: August 25, 2010, 11:39 PM »
 :) Anyone have opinions/ideas about educating youngsters 8-18 about old school? I mean riders,tracks,bikes and parts etc.Almost all the kids at our club & track have no idea,a lad about 20 that I spoke to this week was banging on about the merits of Haro bikes but had never heard of Bob Haro.A lot of other kids think that BMX was created by either Dave Mirra or Mat Hoffman.Be good if there was a way they could learn some of our history/culture other than by borrowing (& never returning) my copy of Joe Kid :daumenhoch:

moomin

Re: Youngsters and old school..
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 11:46 PM »
:) Anyone have opinions/ideas about educating youngsters 8-18 about old school? I mean riders,tracks,bikes and parts etc.Almost all the kids at our club & track have no idea,a lad about 20 that I spoke to this week was banging on about the merits of Haro bikes but had never heard of Bob Haro.A lot of other kids think that BMX was created by either Dave Mirra or Mat Hoffman.Be good if there was a way they could learn some of our history/culture other than by borrowing (& never returning) my copy of Joe Kid :daumenhoch:

None of todays riders have a clue, they're not realy interestd either, thankfully mine have Ratty, both of them are having wall art of o/s pics done on their bedroom walls this weekend courtesy of his mate Leigh  :smitten:,

sweetbeats

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 11:48 PM »
The scene has moved on fella-BMX Prior to Gay arse showing jeans and Dull bikes never existed.....RIP Old School  :LolLolLolLol:
Think the bikes would be way to much for youngsters to buy as well unless they dealt good drugs or pimped out Chicks  :daumenhoch:

Be like trying to get a ps3 user hooked onto zx spectrum games.

Offline tobytyke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 12:06 AM »
The scene has moved on fella-BMX Prior to Gay arse showing jeans and Dull bikes never existed.....RIP Old School  :LolLolLolLol:
Think the bikes would be way to much for youngsters to buy as well unless they dealt good drugs or pimped out Chicks  :daumenhoch:

Be like trying to get a ps3 user hooked onto zx spectrum games.

:LolLolLolLol: yeah i'll stick with my Xbox 360, though i still have my 48k ZX Spectrum in mi mum's attic & all mi games.

Chuckie Egg, Manic Miner,,,,, ha those were the days

Young uns these days, blighters broke into my MK1 Fiesta..... little fooookers  :knuppel2:

sweetbeats

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 12:16 AM »
Manic Miner was the Don  :4_17_5:
I can see youngsters appreciating old bikes for sure-some kids said my bike was "Sick" the other day  :LolLolLolLol:

With the odd exceptions old school and youngsters just won't work long term-it's way to far back in time,way to expensive for kids to start building decent rides and old bikes are to bright,cool and colourful to be understood properly  :2funny:

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 12:33 AM »
my 13 year old niece and her friends are into bmx but they think my bikes are
shite.lets be honest though,when we were that age we thought everything
more than a few month old was shite.

Offline tobytyke

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 12:40 AM »
Manic Miner  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: Don't get me going..  How many Quickshot joysticks did i go through playing Daley Thompsen Decathalon... doing the hurdles  :LolLolLolLol: Thats it im getting the spectrum back & setting it up in the kid's bedroom, foookk the Wii  & DS off,   ;D ;D

Educating the youngsters would be difficult i must admit, but as soon my boy can ride a bike he's having a mini burner or summat like that.  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Youngsters and old school..

gfxgfx
gfx gfx