gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975542 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 06, 2024, 07:08 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Urgent US Shipping advice required
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Urgent US Shipping advice required  (Read 2438 times)

Topcat

Urgent US Shipping advice required
« on: August 22, 2005, 09:20 AM »
I have just bought a Skyway TA from the US, despite having 2 other bikes sellers on ebay from the US quoting me $65 for delivery.  This seller is telling me it is going to be $350!!!!

He is now saying that he will reneg if I don't let him know what I want to do!  I have a mate of a mate in the US who will take delivery but if he is saying he won't let me pay and then have it delivered to his address.  I am being shated by the sounds of it!

Any advice gladly taken or if you have a chrome SKYWAY TA F/F or complete bike for sale I will gladly let this guy reneg!!!

Cheers

mightymini

Re: Urgent US Shipping advice required
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 09:32 AM »
tell him you want to use usps 6 to 10 day airmail for a full bike it is less than $200. the package can also be tracked. and give him a link to this web site.

retrogeezer

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 10:18 AM »
I've got a T/A f/f that may be for sale.... you didn't say before that you may be after one.

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 10:24 AM »
keep talking to the guy otherwise its sounds like it could go wrong,

frames should cost $60 ish from the U.S to here and thats by express 6 -10 days etc

i always use www.usps.com  as they are usually the cheapest.

i also have had some mad quotes and they were from people not trying to rip me off.

its a good idea on the website link , as this is quite a small community as if he knows you know fellow bmxers he should be less inclind to mess you around.

maybe get his telephone number and call him if it helps ?

nice choice on the frame.

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 10:35 AM »
forgot to say, post the auction number or let us know the seller, to see if we know him or have dealt before ?

Bren Gunn

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 10:36 AM »
I paid £140ish for a full bike to be shipped from the States using UPS, turned up in 4 days and I could track it every step of the way on the UPS web site. Fantastic service.

I have also paid £60 for a frame and fork set, from the US but that was using USPS, this should have taken a 7-10 days, it turned up 4 month later :o  Crap

Bren :)

Topcat

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 01:53 PM »
O.K. thanks for the advice, I now don't think the guy is trying to rip me off, he has only quoted fed ex which charges by size as well as weight and so is a lot more expensive.  I have sent an email with the usps website and asked him to requote, so i'll keep you up to date with what happens tonight.

Retro geezer:  I may still need your help, I wasn't originally looking for a TA but after all the pictures I have been sent and flicking through an old copy of BMX I added it to my wish list.  If you can send me some piccies that will be great.

Here is the URL:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7176907602&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Not sure if I got a bargain or not but if I get it shipped at the right price I'll be happy.  I already bought some blure Araya 7x rims and some red Suzue hubs.  Oh and a nice chrome / blue Shimano DX seat post..... therefore I'll be pretty gutted if this doesn't happen!

daz bmx it!

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 03:22 PM »
Hey topcat! ;) UPS is the best way to get it to you,but expensive? Like others have said you can track it all the way and it will defo get to you(I know i used to work for them).also usps will be ok but his hit or miss on delivery times 4 weeks could turn into 4 months? but again if he sends it you will get it! Never send anything by sea always use air,as if you do,you may aswell kiss good by to ever seeing it! ;)

Topcat

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 04:25 PM »
Hey topcat! ;) UPS is the best way to get it to you,but expensive? Like others have said you can track it all the way and it will defo get to you(I know i used to work for them).also usps will be ok but his hit or miss on delivery times 4 weeks could turn into 4 months? but again if he sends it you will get it! Never send anything by sea always use air,as if you do,you may aswell kiss good by to ever seeing it! ;)

Thanks I'll go for air then!  4 months!!!  The must be shipping it on a canoe! ;D

Topcat

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 04:34 PM »
Seller has just been in contact.  He said its the first time he has shipped to the U.K. and so he is heading down the post office now to get a price for me.  Sounds like a good seller so all should be good.  What did you guys think of the bike?

Offline pkradman

• Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 08:43 PM »
$350 is a joke like , as others have said usps is the best way to go for value ,and u can get a tracking number for peice of mind .. as for the TA looks the bizzzzz in the pics mate  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Urgent US Shipping advice required

gfxgfx
gfx gfx