gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 10:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old BMX Pics on the Bournemouth website - Is it me??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old BMX Pics on the Bournemouth website - Is it me??  (Read 2065 times)

Rooonga

Old BMX Pics on the Bournemouth website - Is it me??
« on: August 22, 2005, 01:26 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just went onto http://bournemouthbmx.co.uk/History/1980/1980.htm and saw a photo that I am sure I am in!

There are 2 reasons I think it's me. 1, I used to race in an old Suzuki Moto X  jersey, and 2 I had a cheap nasty red helmet. I dont remember my race numbers, I think I had 4 or 5 different ones over the years but can't remember a single one!

My 1st bike back then was a Peugoet Black lion, it was a great bike with a red frameset and all gold eqt. I later changed all the eqt. onto an MCS Magnum frameset. (I have a feeling this may be te MCS - but pic isnt clear enough to tell - can anyone enhance it??)

If this it is me in the pic, it could well be the 1st racing picture of me I have ever seen. (As my family never came racing  :'( )

Does anyone know any of the other riders in the photo, as this will help confirm the age group etc.

Oh...  Almost forgot, here's the photo.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Old BMX Pics on the Bournemouth website - Is it me??
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 01:47 PM »
Rooonga, not too sure of the exact year, but judging by the Hot Wheels race shirts I would say it was 1982.  As I had a Hot Wheels race shirt in 1983 and it wasn't anything like that.

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 01:51 PM »
did diamond back bring out the pro-star model as early as 82? or was that 83/84?

see the banner above the start gate

Rooonga

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 02:06 PM »
I thought it woulda been around 1982ish myself. (looks like that ties in with the hotwheels jerseys! :D )

I can remember pro stars coming out, cos that was the year I saw Harry Leary, and Stu Thompsen @ Earls Court. Wish I could remember the year though.

I know I was definately racing from 1981 through to about 85 so it could well be me in the photo I guess.

Thats gonnna have to be good enuff for me, unless anyone has more info.

:D

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 02:22 PM »
I think we can say due to lack of any other evidence.  That is you.

Offline ORB

• Founding Fathers
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 02:24 PM »
I see a Mr Stiddards......

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 02:35 PM »
The 3rd gen version of the Pro-Star was available by x-mas 82 so i'm guessing the 1 & 2nd were up to a year earlier.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old BMX Pics on the Bournemouth website - Is it me??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx