gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975598 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 03:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Fricking annoying...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fricking annoying...  (Read 743 times)

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
Fricking annoying...
« on: May 15, 2011, 05:28 PM »
Twice in the space of two weeks now I've been 'let down' after seemingly bagging a bit of a bargain.  I bought an 85 loopy ripper from eBay BIN, paid immediately and 4 days later got a 'sorry I can't complete the sale' sob story.  Yeah right, more like someone offered more after I'd already bought it at the BIN price.  Then on another site I dib something after its just put up, to be followed by a few regulars who just missed out.  Suddenly its been advertised elsewhere and we all missed out.  Hmmm, unless it was advertised on Tesco's for sale board, I aint seen it anywhere else on t'interweb.

Thankfully RAD seems to be keeping it real  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Fricking annoying...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 05:38 PM »
Agreed with the RAD bit.

dibbed a new school WTP on a NS forum shortly after listing, seller was on within minutes with his PP address, all went quiet when I wanted to collect, then he got abusive when I said I wasn't sending him the £70 with the bike to be posted, TBH, i've sent more than that on here without being doubful at all.

Not had one deal go sour on here, BMX talk has gone bad 3 from 5, BMX-forum 1 from 1, I reckon its here or the car boots (only ever been to one) for me now

MM
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

waza04

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 07:16 PM »
i would have thought ebay being a legally binding contract, that once bidded and paid in theory it should be yours..... abit like bidding and not paying, there are things in place to cover this.  :(

never had any probs with rad.  ;)

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 07:21 PM »
i would have thought ebay being a legally binding contract, that once bidded and paid in theory it should be yours..... abit like bidding and not paying, there are things in place to cover this.  :(

Yeah I had to agree to terminate for it to be above board.  I could've kicked off and caused problems for him but I just could'nt be arsed tbh.  But then thats what you get with eBay isn't it?  Idiots and morons playing at shop...

waza04

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 07:29 PM »

Yeah I had to agree to terminate for it to be above board.  I could've kicked off and caused problems for him but I just could'nt be arsed tbh.  But then thats what you get with eBay isn't it?  Idiots and morons playing at shop...

Oooow fair enough if you couldn't be bothered...... ebay has a lot of messers nowadays! fookin bob heads.  >:(

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 09:20 PM »
I had it on another site where a newbie came on and said he had a old Kuwi Nova in a state for sale - this was posted up in a thread - to which i was the only one to answer to - said he could do some photo's for me as i was interested  ;)

couple of days went past - not to push it as i thought that like me he was busy and just needed five to take a picture  :)

so then i pm'd him asking him "gentle nudge" as i put it, what was happening  ;)

pm's back with SOLD IT ! thank you for your interest  ;)

WTF  :shocked: 

Turn out some C*NT had pm him and bought it without putting any thing up in the thread - which clearly you could see that i was the only one to answer his thread

so not only did the other buyer do the dirty and shite on me - the seller also had no morals and didn't see any thing wrong with the way he sold it  ::)

well your both a bunch of c*nts and i hope yer both choke on each other c*cks  :daumenhoch: I hope your not on here as you will out in the end  :knuppel2:

I had a stem which i swapped with Spen69 for his stem - we saw pictures and told each other about the condition - we made a deal for a straight swap - we posted them - and they were both how we said they would be - both happy and a very smooth deal - spen is a top bloke and no trouble was had at all

on RAD, if you have been on here for a while, it's your rep that is a stake when dealing with other members - it's just a clear thing that if you don't want to be treated like a prick then you don't act like a prick

i think that on other smaller site members think that they can get away with pulling shite and it's all cool  ::)

here is a place where you can trust most members - swivel is one to watch  ;D

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 09:27 PM »
Never had a bad deal on RAD ever, had some sketchy moments on other sites, but never here, and if i sell on here or anywhere else for that fact i do my uptmost to keep the buyer informed on when things are posted out, i give dates when im going to post and have only once missed because the car broke down, i mailed the buyer when i got home and apologised and posted the next day for them. Its all about reputation, Im not soiling mine

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 02:38 AM »
The problem with Ebay, I think you'll find, is most of these sellers have other accounts and friends. They post the item and if it doesn't reach the price they are hoping for, they buy it themselves with their other account or get a friend to do it. They cancel the sale by saying they longer want it and re-list or advertise elsewhere. There is no policing of Ebay as such as its too huge and they rely on people in general being honest.

Too many people these days are TOO greedy and like someone said, playing at being shopkeepers and just coming up with prices in their heads.

I bid on a set of Gold Ukais a little while ago and near the end of the auction was outbid and lost the item. The next day they were re-listed by the same seller.  :tickedoff:

I mailed that f*kcer and said I was the bidder on those wheels yesterday and you bought them as you weren't going to get what you wanted, then re-listed today.  :wtf: If you don't remove them from your account right now I will be reporting you for scamming a sale and breaching auction regulations. Wheels were withdrawn straight away.

I couldn't be arsed to report them and hope the person IS on here as you will know who you are  :knuppel2: I have your ebay seller ID  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

ozone

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 06:56 AM »
Calm down guys.  It's not worth having a coronary over parts for childrens bikes.   :angel:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 02:20 PM »
Cheers for the kind words Bendy about the big stem swap that actually started with Southern Andy and myself!

There's more at stake on here as it's your reputation that's on the line which is why I prefer to buy and sell here rather than gaybay.

I've stood by every sale on here with a 100% satisfaction gaurentee and if the buyer thinks I've ever mis-described the things I sell or trade on here, then I will hapily refund them unless I feel highly out of pocket on postage or we are disagreeing about condition after an exchange of decent quality photos and full honest descrition. I also prefer to deliver or collect to be 100% sure, but due to far too many run-ins with PC Dibble on the motorways I don't drive as much anymore.

Saying that, it's like Swap-Shop at the start of a Blackpool or Leicester skatepark meet-up these days, and that's after picking stuff up on the way there....... :2funny:
Still limping......

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 09:45 PM »
I also prefer to deliver or collect to be 100% sure, but due to far too many run-ins with PC Dibble on the motorways I don't drive as much anymore.

Slow down then young man, its not a race you know.... :LolLolLolLol:

Offline skki3330

• Flip-Whip
  • Love Riding Old Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 11:08 PM »
Ive had a couple of things like dat happen to me on fleabay and once i posted my winning find on here before having it in my hands SILLY MOVE I NOW KNOW coz some fekker from here which i wont mention but i know who they aer contacted the seller and gave them more cash to sell to them :(

There seems to be alot of peeps getting back into the bmx scene at the mo and these peeps are just out to make a few quid and make a few bikes and will prob go missing after a few months when they have found something else to make money with.
WANTED

SE Powerwings
Holeshot RF-1
Vincent Freestylers Gen 1 and Gen 2

StellaAtoiz

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 09:48 PM »
I joined RAD just under 2 years ago now and to the best of my knowledge I think I have only seen a couple of disputes over transactions go 'public' - which I think is a testament to the site and its members considering how many transactions are made here on a daily basis ........ and considering what a fussy bunch of ageing so and so's we all are :D

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 10:35 PM »
im fairly new on here,but have to say everyone i have dealt with has been brilliant ,i recently bought some 401s off hayd3012 im well chuffed with em,his mrs made a mistake and sent me a supergoose f&f aswell(oops)  :LolLolLolLol: ,i contacted him asap and we got the parcel to the new owner ! .....my point is treat people as you would want to be treated,
 :daumenhoch: that wouldve never happened on ebay!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Fricking annoying...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx