gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975600 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 09, 2024, 11:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  If you ride bmx do you feel a little rader than other mere mortals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: If you ride bmx do you feel a little rader than other mere mortals  (Read 4994 times)

Nana

Well do you...............makes me feel like a rad dad instead of an old 40 year old couch potato.......glad i returned to it 8)

So what about you do you feel......spicer............than other boring old sheeps mopping about etc

whats your thoughts?

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: If you ride bmx do you feel a little rader than other mere mortals
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 08:02 PM »
no pipe and slippers for me  >:D

playing the game well and don't care if they think i'm a big kid  ;D  i'm still out having fun - why grow old and grumpy  :daumenhoch:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 08:03 PM »
Think its great!!! Just about to go down the rd on my kappa and don't care what people think..just doing what they're to scared to do..  :daumenhoch:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 08:05 PM »
Yep, right up till the point where I come round and realise I'm off the the hospital for another mini-break :LolLolLolLol:

Awesome Radness has its price.
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 08:10 PM »
most people are either jealous or suspicious of my Radness.

Mostly they think i,m mental :D

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 08:10 PM »
Yep, right up till the point where I come round and realise I'm off the the hospital for another mini-break :LolLolLolLol:

Awesome Radness has its price.
Think I'll walk.. ???
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 08:14 PM »
Think its great!!! Just about to go down the rd in my kappa and don't care what people think..just doing what they're to scared to do..  :daumenhoch:
On it mybikesdontcostalot.. ;D

wernt kappa for pikeys    :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

:-*
Griff loves BUM..

Nana

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 08:15 PM »

Fooooking love that quote  ;D

Bought my first new era cap yeasterday .................but look like a tit in it  ;D

Just trying to blend in  ;D

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 08:22 PM »
   Love it especially when i'm out with my little lad on his Mini Ripper  :smitten:  feels like i'm more a part of and  involved with what my little lads doing than these dads walking round dragging there feet with long faces , plus its getting me fit again  ::) wish i'd got back into it years ago its fookin nuts  :LolLolLolLol:

Its also very surprising when your on an old school ride how many guys come over for a chat

:daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 08:24 PM »

thats because you are mental Andy  :LolLolLolLol:       mad as a box of frogs  :2funny:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

curtispro

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 08:26 PM »
Been back into BMX for a year now, I go riding with my 3 boys ( other ones too young) got 3 other "old radsters" back into it, we have started a BMX club and are now in the throws of applying for grants to get a track built, built the mrs a rider, people used to look at me funny when I used to pop up the local shop on my Curtis pro  :LolLolLolLol:  I have now built up 4 new school bikes for kids in the village while their dads watch, kids drop by and ask my lads " is your dad in, can he fix my bike" I think it's cool to be a radster, and the kids think I am a legend  ;D  ;D  ;D

Nana

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 08:29 PM »
Its also very surprising when your on an old school ride how many guys come over for a chat                   

Thats very true about the old school bike i must say ................i used to get a lot of attenton on my haro sport or firebird

great your enjoying this with your lad too............mines is only 2 so have a way to go yet but defo will too  :daumenhoch:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 08:31 PM »
 :) Yep,better to be part of it all than watching.Sick of hearing "I`d love to do it but I`m too old." from boring gits that are at least 10 years younger than me :daumenhoch:

Nana

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 08:36 PM »
Some great comments

I think it stops the rot myself ..............also i feel like im a bit special  ;D

Should really have said it was my first time riding in 4 odd years today .....well skatepark anyways ............i was pulling 360s out of the minis almost getting some airs and attacking some doubles like a mad man..... only fell off once .................weird thing was my missus told me to pick up some shopping afterwards and to be honest walking round the supermarket i felt on top of the world ...............feeling very rad indeed  8)

I know im a big pussy  ;D

I have promised myself this time though a new trick every session no matter what  :-\
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:40 PM by The-flying-banana! »

curtispro

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 08:46 PM »
I ain't that rad ^^^^^^^^^^^^^  wheelies and bunny hops is about my limit, but I am getting radder each time after 26 years out  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 08:50 PM »
Before I completely shagged my shoulder I loved going out on my bike with my daughter

Coolest moment I've had in years was pulling a Kerb Endo and my daughter saying "Wow Daddy that was cool"

I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Nana

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 08:53 PM »
I ain't that rad ^^^^^^^^^^^^^  wheelies and bunny hops is about my limit, but I am getting radder each time after 26 years out  :LolLolLolLol:

Hey you wanna a laugh in 2003 when i started back riding after not riding since the 80s i thought i was as rad as ever straight to dumbarton skatepark unit 23 on my firebird ...........took a massive run up at their quarter sraight out 5 foot air ...................landed straight on the concrete floor ...........could'nt even get in my bed had to be helped upstair by my missus  :-\

bruises all over my left side from my rip cage down  ::)

Before I completely shagged my shoulder I loved going out on my bike with my daughter

Coolest moment I've had in years was pulling a Kerb Endo and my daughter saying "Wow Daddy that was cool"

get back out man........you can do it just get padded out

griff

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 09:01 PM »
just did 6 miles on the silverfox - mrs griff said the kids' eyes were on stalks as I whizzed past them on the one corner  ;D

was a good feeling knowing my bike was older than them and has still got it  :smitten:

curtispro

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 09:04 PM »
That sounds just how I felt in my mind ^^^^^ when I finished building up my Curtis, massive air, 360's,  fortunately for me we haven't got any skate parks close by  :LolLolLolLol: and when I take the boys racing I tell them that I can't fit any more bikes in the car so I leave mine at home for fear af an injury  ;D

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 09:10 PM »

Only one problem...................my arm is not yet attached to my body waiting for the slice and dice man to reattach it..............but I’ll come back as a bionic barstool and be twice as RAD

:4_17_5:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 09:15 PM »
My kids and my kids friends think I'm the radest Dad in town!! I love it, ride every opportunity i get, and fall offf just as much

Nana

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 10:36 PM »

Only one problem...................my arm is not yet attached to my body waiting for the slice and dice man to reattach it..............but I’ll come back as a bionic barstool and be twice as RAD

:4_17_5:

Foook man hope you get that sorted...........was that a bmx injury .............i cringe at the answer  :-\

My kids and my kids friends think I'm the radest Dad in town!! I love it, ride every opportunity i get, and fall offf just as much

Well your a rad pc foooker and i know your neighbours love yeah  ;D ps dude that wtp trust of gregs rides like a dream but i need a front brake   ^"^

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 11:44 PM »
was at the bowls the other day sat round debating just how fooking much it would hurt if i  fell off , watching the new schoolies transfering from one bowl to another ,  so asked one of the little guys about doing that , first off he looked a bit took back , then he figured out that i didn't want to show him what what real man love was all about  and that i genuenly wanted to know how to do the transfer thing  ,  so he explained it all to me and tbh was cool listning to him explain the tech side of doing it with excitement in his voice could tell he loved what he was doing,     needles to say i never got it done,  scares the shite out of me,     but whilst contemplating my suicidal attempt i rolled round the bowl and poped out a few rockwalks ,and carried on rolling round,  i overheard heard said little guy saying "did you see that he went on front wheel then back then front again loads of times it  were rad  never seen that before"  

got to say was feeling the Radness after hearing that ,

spoke to quite a few guys on the track who turned up with the kids who are quite supprised when they ask how old i am , and then say you go round here quite fast dont you?  i think yeah fast enough to make the b finals ,   :LolLolLolLol:,   but still nice of em to say and of course adds to the Rad  :daumenhoch:

think its the chrome that attracts em to the bike.........  like  moths,  ooooooo shiney   :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:59 PM by oldtired »

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 11:49 PM »

id agree with that  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 11:55 PM »

Foook man hope you get that sorted...........was that a bmx injury .............i cringe at the answer  :-\

Yep  :daumenhoch:

Don't think I'll make it at the next Fiola.........I was on the flat section of a mini ramp and fell off  :uglystupid2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  If you ride bmx do you feel a little rader than other mere mortals

gfxgfx
gfx gfx