gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 08, 2024, 09:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX Society BOTY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX Society BOTY  (Read 4221 times)

Rodgy1970

BMX Society BOTY
« on: December 15, 2011, 09:54 PM »
Always worth checking out for some great bikes.

http://bmxsociety.com/forum/131-bike-of-the-year-2011/

Other than that I think the site is full of loons who waste an immense amount of energy debating, arguing and procrastinating about fook all whilst considering themselves to be the BMX elite.    :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:40 PM by rodriguez »

griff

Re: BMX Societty BOTY
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 09:59 PM »
never even seen that site before, will have a looky  :daumenhoch:

monkian

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Man, some seriously nice builds there :shocked: :daumenhoch:

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 10:30 PM »
Always some excellent rants over there but fook me some of those guys really know their mustard. Always have rare and supre cool bikes too  :4_17_5:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 10:36 PM »
If you want to enter and win, you have to remember to paint your bike in red/white/blue or stars and stripes.  Otherwise you have no chance.

Rodgy1970

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 11:08 PM »
Some really outstanding bikes have been entered from here and Oz but they seem to get a limited response.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 11:23 PM »
Some really outstanding bikes have been entered from here and Oz but they seem to get a limited response.

I have noticed that in the past also, I do think (but I hope I am wrong) that a lot of the US site members like BOTY titles to go to US members, either that or they can tell overseas builds by the colour combo's, as I can pretty much instantly tell a US persons build.

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: BMX Society BOTY
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 11:27 PM »
Some nice builds but no better than anything on RAD.

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 11:45 PM »

I have noticed that in the past also, I do think (but I hope I am wrong) that a lot of the US site members like BOTY titles to go to US members, either that or they can tell overseas builds by the colour combo's, as I can pretty much instantly tell a US persons build.

X 2 pal. same bikes but different building styles, and yes its pretty much the yanks that win. Imagine the outcry if someone from Europe (where ever that is) won with one of their own bikes  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 11:49 PM »

X 2 pal. same bikes but different building styles, and yes its pretty much the yanks that win. Imagine the outcry if someone from Europe (where ever that is) won with one of their own bikes  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Actually Ash, I did win one of the sections once (I think when it was still OSbmx), I won the newschool/retro section with my chrome SE Quadangle retro and then they decided to change the rules half way through the competition and say that a retro bike couldn't win the overall title only 'old school' bikes.  So my bike was left out of the final vote for overall BOTY.

After that I realised how petty they were and didn't have much to do with the site after that.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:52 PM by Stidds »

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 11:52 PM »
so you only half won then  ;D  maybe you should have changed your name to Hank or Dirk perhaps  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 11:53 PM »
so you only half won then  ;D  maybe you should have changed your name to Hank or Dirk perhaps  :LolLolLolLol:

I have considered changing my userid and putting a US location on my profile to see if my bikes get a better reaction.

Then I realised that the best BMX's in the world are on this site, so couldn't be a$$ed after that.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 12:00 AM »

Then I realised that the best BMX's in the world are on this site, so couldn't be a$$ed after that.  :LolLolLolLol:

I had a good look through the entries in the different categories and have to agree that a lot of the bikes turned out by RADsters are more than on par with what i have seen on there imo  :)

WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 12:01 AM »

I have considered changing my userid and putting a US location on my profile to see if my bikes get a better reaction.

Hell yeah brother..

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2011, 12:07 AM »
3 of the bikes on the 1979 and older section have already been up for sale on The Museum so should really be pulled off if the poster doesn't own them anymore  :yahoo_silent:

and how the fook is this in there >>>  1978 Gary Littlejohn 20” Tandem  :crazy2:  :idiot2:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:11 AM by Londonhellboy »
BANNED

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 12:12 AM »

some stunning builds over there , first time i've been on to be honest  ::)
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2011, 12:16 AM »
3 of the bikes on the 1979 and older section have already been up for sale on The Museum so should really be pulled off if the poster doesn't own them anymore  :yahoo_silent:

and how the fook is this in there >>>  1978 Gary Littlejohn 20” Tandem  :crazy2:  :idiot2:

I bet the didn't sell  ;) :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

I noticed that too pal, bet it wins the only tandem prize..

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 12:18 AM »
they're definately a bit precious on those US sites.i'm not a massive poster on here but
over there they have no recognisable sense of humour or the ability not to add the same
inane bullshit thats just been written at least 10 times before they decide to impart their
feckin wisdom.then you get the UK members who hope by writing like they are fellow
americans they might get some respect from said fookwits. :angrysoapbox:

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 12:40 AM »
 i had a look through the old school race bikes and have to say that our uk builds are a different class our builds  look so much cleaner  and we dont put the odd part on that just doesnt look right(noticed this on a few builds) it was like its almost done mmmm what does it need ... oh there you go ill weld a tortoise to it !! :daumenhoch:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 12:43 AM »
we dont put the odd part on that just doesnt look right (noticed this on a few builds) it was like its almost done mmmm what does it need ... oh there you go ill weld a tortoise to it !! :daumenhoch:
Spot on  :2funny:  :2funny:
BANNED

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2011, 12:44 AM »
i had a look through the old school race bikes and have to say that our uk builds are a different class our builds  look so much cleaner  and we dont put the odd part on that just doesnt look right(noticed this on a few builds) it was like its almost done mmmm what does it need ... oh there you go ill weld a tortoise to it !! :daumenhoch:

" ill weld a tortoise to it" , top comment, was lauging my ass off at that.   :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2011, 04:46 AM »
Best us site by miles

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2011, 07:32 AM »
Some great bikes but no better than Rad offerings... :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2011, 07:46 AM »
some nice builds on there  :daumenhoch:   not sure they put up enough pictures though  ???

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 07:57 AM »

I think it's like that on a lot of forums, there just seems to be an instant patriotism and an ignorance to some extent when the site ends with .com  :LolLolLolLol:

Thankfully this is one place ending .co.uk it enables the less logical mind to realise we are actually UK based  :Great_Britain:

There are some lovely builds on there but I often like how many on here seem to have that extra attention to detail without necesarily attaching every high end part for the sake of it. :daumenhoch:
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX Society BOTY

gfxgfx
gfx gfx