gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 11, 2024, 04:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Chest-Air - March 24th Back in sunny Chester. DP meetup before at Flint
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Chest-Air - March 24th Back in sunny Chester. DP meetup before at Flint  (Read 84513 times)

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
hotel booked really looking forward to this

http://www.kilmoreylodge.co.uk/

£45 quid with brek and safe bike storage

can i have the moby of a local on this ride for directions or just in case  :daumenhoch:

daz

Pm'd you Daz. :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Can we have some details on the meet up points and times. We could do with station names (as there are a couple in Chester apparently) and postcodes. Also the meet up postcode for the dp flint factory. How far is flint from Chester?  I'm sure dan or Brett will be able to supply all this info. I know some times were posted somewhere earlier in this thread but I think it would be good to start another thread with just these details so you don't have to trawl through several pages to find out the useful info. Another idea I have. Can we add the road in which our b&b is in as it would be good to stick together when we decide to drop the bikes off and head back in either on foot or by taxi. As this to me makes sense. I'm hoping Brett and dan can suss out who is near who so numbers can be exchanged before next week. I'm staying at number 38 hoole road. And skyway67 is at number 50 hoole road. Cheers stu  :daumenhoch:

Also is anyone going for a little roll around on the Sunday to work off the hangover before the drive home. I know I won't want to get up and drive home that morning.  ;)

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

Hope it's going as good next Saturday as today with the sun out  :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

skyway67

hotel booked really looking forward to this

http://www.kilmoreylodge.co.uk/

£45 quid with brek and safe bike storage

can i have the moby of a local on this ride for directions or just in case  :daumenhoch:

daz

Pm'd you Daz. :daumenhoch:

thanks dan  :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Simples

Flint
There are trains arriving @10:09 & 10:15 from either direction and there is a big carpark at Flint train station which makes meeting point 1 easy Flint train station at 10:15 for a gentle roll up to The old DP Factory @ 10:30 Sat Nav is CH6 5PG

Chester
Chester Train Station @ 13:00- 13:30 This allows a gentle meet and greet and for people to get there on various trains.
There is only One station in Chester called Chester

My Mobile is 07941 079134

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Cheers brett  :4_17_5:

Clean

There is only One station in Chester called Chester

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
i'm happy to hang fire on Sunday for a wee ride, maybe get some breakfast etc, i'm in no rush to get back as the mrs is out for lunch on the sunday with her mates, the same mates she'll be in Chester with on Saturday night fella's, some of them are single too. :daumenhoch:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

Wow    who would have thought the train station at Chester is called Chester ,,,,,,,, hope i can find it  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

really looking forward to this guys  :4_17_5:

Kappy  :daumenhoch:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
So if I look for a station in Chester called Chester station then I will be at the right one then?  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
So if I look for a station in Chester called Chester station then I will be at the right one then?  :LolLolLolLol:

Don't be daft Stu ,,,,,,,,,, No you won't  :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
So i'm gonna do a little sub-list here of people that are staying in Hotels and out in town afterwards. The reason for this is that Dave who's riding my DP on Sat is an ex-doorman in Chester and he may be able to pull a few strings getting us into bars, should we struggle due to numbers. :daumenhoch:

It also makes it easier for me to pick which bars/pubs we'll get in without hassle.

As far as I know the ones staying are...

Me
Snowy (Snodwee)
Nige B
Mani
Discostu
Daz (Skyway67)
Daz KAP
Glen (Clean)
Nick Swan
Wini
Rick70
Lenny

If anyone else has booked to stop over, copy and add your nime to the list.

Cheers lads. :coolsmiley:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:47 PM by retrodan72 »

Clean

Mark / Wini should be on your list, and possibly RIck 1970, too?

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
We should be ok, the bars that have us in the day will be more than happy to have us back in the evening, some bars in Chester have proper w4nker door staff though. :Aresehole:

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Nice one Dan stop over confirmed  :daumenhoch: whats the usual drill for tea i aint drinking on an empty gut again like Radchester i was in bed by 8pm that day  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Nice one Dan stop over confirmed  :daumenhoch: whats the usual drill for tea i aint drinking on an empty gut again like Radchester i was in bed by 8pm that day  :LolLolLolLol:

Yeah, made that mistake in Blackpool as Carl/Jaymz/Brett/Jase/Ash will confirm. :-[ :10_2_12:

There's a Maccy's between the Station in Flint and the old DP factory, this will do for breakfast. There's a WH Smith's right next to the bar at Chester Station, for a sandwich etc, and i've just spoken to Lisa @ The Lock Keeper, she's gonna lay on some sarnies for us too. At teatime there's Maccy's in town, this will be open till 4am I think, but there are kebab shops for the end of the night near the hotel where me/mani/nige are staying. :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
All the pubs do good cheap grub aswell eat when you are ready. I will be :daumenhoch:

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Thanks for that lads  :daumenhoch:  im going to get some dog tags stamped up with our BB addy just in case tho  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Thanks for that lads  :daumenhoch:  im going to get some dog tags stamped up with our BB addy just in case tho  :LolLolLolLol:

u wont need em Rick were handcuffing u on the over night train from chester to ????? well the first train that turns up   :LolLolLolLol: 

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
HANDCUFFS  :shocked: bleedin hell Len im glad im not sharing a room with you  :2funny:   :daumenhoch:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
HANDCUFFS  :shocked: bleedin hell Len im glad im not sharing a room with you  :2funny:   :daumenhoch:

>:D >:D >:D u never know were u might end up once uve had a few beers  >:D >:D

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Your not wrong there buddy thats why im going to be on my best behaviour  :-\   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Is anybody bringing any parts for a car boot sale on the Sunday morning?

::)
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

stillriding

Hi its Jeff here myself and few lads will joining you Saturday in Chester
See you there  :4_17_5:

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Ooh maybe I can bring some bits if people are interested.  :daumenhoch:

I have the following. If you want to know what it is like I will dig it out for a pic. offers on most bits.  :daumenhoch:
Polished silver tech 3 levers dated 84. Dibbed by kappy.
A load of dc blue cables also dated 84.
Nos mounting bolts with centreing springs front and rear for dc mx 1000 brakes. Mani has first dib dobs on these.
2008 mirraco blend light pro series frame.  The top of the range mirraco that year. In mint repowdered condition. Powdered sky blue.
A polished 1"1/8th stem which was a prototype for Mosh
A polished twin 25.4 double seat clamp by fishbone.
2 nankai 48 hole free coasters. One is nos chrome the other used black.
Right hand black tech 77 lever that has all the fittings and cables for a twin cable system from the lever to the gyro. (this can be removed to fit on a left hand lever if you have one)
A modified twin bolt fusion seat clamp in black. With stainless bolts. The clamp has been milled out so it fits the new school size frames that run a 25.4 seat post. Originally it was for frames that run a 22.2 post.
Silver 1" tange headset lock nut and washer.

Like I said if anyone is interested in any of this stuff then drop me a pm and I will sort out a pic or 2.
Also if anyone is after anything list it on here as someone may have one they can bring.  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:38 PM by discostu »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  Chest-Air - March 24th Back in sunny Chester. DP meetup before at Flint

gfxgfx
gfx gfx