gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975565 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 17, 2024, 02:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  This resto's not one for the purist's....look away now!! (pic heavy)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: This resto's not one for the purist's....look away now!! (pic heavy)  (Read 14330 times)

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Wait am i missing something here ??

1. Cut the old hubs out of wheels
2. Take old hubs apart
3. insert hubs in new wheels

Part 2. is the confusing bit, why cut them out of the wheel if you were going to take them apart anyway. or am i missing something really obvious here [probably]

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Here's an idea... get some white tuffs, get some red tuffs, cut every other spoke out, swap into each wheel = 2 tone tuffs... NBD  :coolsmiley:

You do whatever you like mate but don't expect people to like it  >:D

Frankentuff... there... I said it  :D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Wait am i missing something here ??

1. Cut the old hubs out of wheels
2. Take old hubs apart
3. insert hubs in new wheels

Part 2. is the confusing bit, why cut them out of the wheel if you were going to take them apart anyway. or am i missing something really obvious here [probably]

I had to cut the old hub's out of the wheel's so i could get access to cut the rivet's out. As i wanted to use the originals, contrary to popular belief(on this forum) they are far stronger now than they were before :daumenhoch:

Offline GRAB ON KID

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Here's an idea... get some white tuffs, get some red tuffs, cut every other spoke out, swap into each wheel = 2 tone tuffs... NBD  :coolsmiley:

I hear what you're saying Ed, i didn't expect everybody to aggree with what i had done, they were in the "for sale" thread for quite a while. The seller did state one wheel had a crack & one hub was caved in & a bent/cross threaded spindle. I bought with the intention of bringing them back to life, when they arrived i then realised they would be no good for show, so i then hatched my evil plan >:D when the new one's come up on the bay.

Buz :daumenhoch:

sid1972

You have to change your user name to that  ::)... Well funny, so many replies over a set of tuffs, 'Protect the Tuffs!'  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
 :crazy2:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

whatquid

cuttin out them hubs was awsome..........hahahahahaha amazing

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
not to worry, i cut up 2 gen 1 frames and a VDC goriila just because i was bored....     ;)
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
What a shame, like Rob said in an earlier post, with half the effort you could have restored the old ones to look pretty much as good as these unridable ones.

You now have 2 sets of unusable tuffs.

Oh well, that's that then

You havn'nt got a clue mate :idiot2:

Fooking bell end!!

::)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:

I hear what you're saying Ed, i didn't expect everybody to aggree with what i had done, they were in the "for sale" thread for quite a while. The seller did state one wheel had a crack & one hub was caved in & a bent/cross threaded spindle. I bought with the intention of bringing them back to life, when they arrived i then realised they would be no good for show, so i then hatched my evil plan >:D when the new one's come up on the bay.

Buz :daumenhoch:

evil plan  :LolLolLolLol:

fair enough Buz ...  :daumenhoch: Just as long as you shouted 'it LIVES' when you bolted them on  ;D

Dylan Thomas

rad_pitt

Fooking  :LolLolLolLol:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
This man does not have a clue.....

And he's a bellend  8)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:

And he's a bellend  8)

POW! fist of fury  >:D

Dylan Thomas

ozone

And he's a bellend  8)

Just imagine what the op could create if you let him loose on all of those bike armed with a grinder and some aerospace glue.   :shocked:

spesh

well done fella for doing this i would have done the same as i like to polish the hubs and get them straight and the only way was to cut them out then fair doo,s :daumenhoch:

and dont forget the axle cones and nuts hold the flanges together not the rivets they just stop the hub turning in the wheel so the glue just keeps them in place id ride on em no probs :daumenhoch:

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:

And he's a bell end

I'm not dissing his abilitie's at resto work as judging by the pic's you posted they are 1st class :daumenhoch:
But when it come's to adhesive's then yes......he is a bell end. To come out with comment's that i now have 2 pair's of un-rideable wheel's is unbelieveable  :idiot2:
The original shagged pair were un-rideable, some people need to get out a bit more & not take this too seriously.

Buz ;)

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
well done fella for doing this i would have done the same as i like to polish the hubs and get them straight and the only way was to cut them out then fair doo,s :daumenhoch:

and dont forget the axle cones and nuts hold the flanges together not the rivets they just stop the hub turning in the wheel so the glue just keeps them in place id ride on em no probs :daumenhoch:

Thank's bud for the vote of confidence, much appreciated :daumenhoch:

Buz ;)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:

And he's a bell end

I'm not dissing his abilitie's at resto work as judging by the pic's you posted they are 1st class :daumenhoch:
But when it come's to adhesive's then yes......he is a bell end. To come out with comment's that i now have 2 pair's of un-rideable wheel's is unbelieveable  :idiot2:
The original shagged pair were un-rideable, some people need to get out a bit more & not take this too seriously.

Buz ;)

Perhaps you should practice what you preach?  I find you to be very rude in almost every response to some who did not appreciate your reasoning or opinion on the matter  :idiot2:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:

would like to see him do this on them then.....

/>

;D
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

spesh

would like to see him do this on them then.....

/>

;D
not a problem the outcome would still be the same on any wheel.....i am 18st so any wheel will be fooked if i did  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Tonto

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
I say fair play to ya bud u got what u wanted out of it that's all that matters and I'd ride them allday long  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  This resto's not one for the purist's....look away now!! (pic heavy)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx