gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975557 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 12:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Kye Forte-BMX Highjump World Record
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kye Forte-BMX Highjump World Record  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

griff

Re: Kye Forte-BMX Highjump World Record
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 09:41 AM »
shit the bed :shocked:

http://www.vitalbmx.com/videos/member/Kye-Forte-Breakfree-World-Record-BMX-High-Jump,40089/LorenzoGallegos,5781

:4_17_5:

I'm still happy with my 24 inches over the Boardroom jump box ;D

Besides, he has a much bigger run up

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 08:03 AM »
Whilst this is very impressive  :daumenhoch: and i really dont want to knock it. It does raise a couple of questions for me. The bar is 6.38m above floor level, but the take off looks to be around 2m high and the landing 2.5m high.

Surely the measurement should be taken from the lip of the take off? Still an impressive 4.38m Air :daumenhoch: But surely not 6.38m?
Else whats to stop me building a 6m high take off and landing and geting 400mm of air to beat the record?

Obviously there was an offical Guiness Adjudicator in the video so im hoping there are some rules or restriction to ramp sizes. I feel like maybe im being a bit Anal ::) but had to ask and maybe someone has some answers?

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 08:22 AM »
I reckon he'd piss easy beat my bunny hopping three people laid down record  :-\

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 08:44 AM »
Right, where my milk crate and plank of wood

Awesome !

griff

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 11:01 AM »
Whilst this is very impressive  :daumenhoch: and i really dont want to knock it. It does raise a couple of questions for me. The bar is 6.38m above floor level, but the take off looks to be around 2m high and the landing 2.5m high.

Surely the measurement should be taken from the lip of the take off? Still an impressive 4.38m Air :daumenhoch: But surely not 6.38m?
Else whats to stop me building a 6m high take off and landing and geting 400mm of air to beat the record?

Obviously there was an offical Guiness Adjudicator in the video so im hoping there are some rules or restriction to ramp sizes. I feel like maybe im being a bit Anal ::) but had to ask and maybe someone has some answers?

I think that's a fair question

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 11:06 AM »
Come on Glen.....I think you can do this 8)
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 05:08 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't go higher than that jumping the gap on the megaramp at x games.

However, let us not forget it's just a publicity stunt for Samsung.

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 09:28 PM »

Lets not forget ,,,, he must have the balls to attempt this ,,,,, i don't  :LolLolLolLol:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 01:55 AM »
Oh, he's deffo got balls. The Fortes are rulers. That's not in doubt. And no, I wouldn't attempt it either...

evamedia

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 11:12 AM »

If you want to break this record, you need to use the same ramp dimensions to meet Guiness rules.

At least it's not the debacle that Kevin Robinson's high air 'record' was

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 07:01 AM »

If you want to break this record, you need to use the same ramp dimensions to meet Guiness rules.

At least it's not the debacle that Kevin Robinson's high air 'record' was

Haven't seen the Kevin Robinson version. Still not convinced that this is a 6.38 metre high, air though   ;)

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 01:53 PM »
What ever the height he's got some minerals even to try it  :daumenhoch:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 07:35 AM »
surely how high you can go is equal to how fast you can go as well,  if the run-in ramp was twice as high and you could get another 10mph at the lip surely you would probably get another 1 meter of air, taking into consideration the laws of diminishing returns....     ???
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

evamedia

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 03:33 PM »
surely how high you can go is equal to how fast you can go as well,  if the run-in ramp was twice as high and you could get another 10mph at the lip surely you would probably get another 1 meter of air, taking into consideration the laws of diminishing returns....     ???

Probably less than you think, more about the pump, I regularly see someone do a 360 tyre tap on a spine, followed by an 8ft air, quite how, I still don't entirely understand

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  Kye Forte-BMX Highjump World Record

gfxgfx
gfx gfx