gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975565 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 16, 2024, 08:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  WINI'S LEEDS RIDEABOUT MARCH 2ND 2013
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WINI'S LEEDS RIDEABOUT MARCH 2ND 2013  (Read 17219 times)

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: WINI'S LEEDS RIDEABOUT
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2013, 06:48 PM »
I should say I'm only a maybe at the moment. I'm skint, hardly drink and currently don't actually have an OS bike - so I fail on most counts :2funny:. I'd love to have a ride round with you loons though :smitten:.

Jon you can ride any nike you like  :daumenhoch:

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2013, 07:42 PM »
wear your helmets and pads if yer worried  ::)

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2013, 09:08 PM »
been talking to Diesel1, he knows a route that goes out of town and along the canal

Banachek BMX

« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2013, 09:47 PM »
Should be okay for me, pencil me in please :daumenhoch:

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Jon, I could bring you summat to ride, just a thought if you cant get sorted.  :daumenhoch: Just dont ride off on the fooker!!!!!!  ;D

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2013, 11:40 PM »
Jon, I could bring you summat to ride, just a thought if you cant get sorted.  :daumenhoch: Just dont ride off on the fooker!!!!!!  ;D
:LolLolLolLol:

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2013, 02:17 AM »
numbers are looking great so far.... Could be one of the biggest turnouts yet!?  :daumenhoch:

spyderpit13

« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2013, 01:29 PM »
defo for me.  :daumenhoch:

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2013, 07:43 PM »
To be honest Brothers

I know some people who go to the football in Nottm with the sole intention of causing malarky.

But with people that also want malarky, if you know what i mean.

The last people that they want it with is normal civillians or 'bobble hats'.

I have been out with the missus on Sat night in Leeds on big match days and never had any trouble (even when we walked into Henry's in the middle of an obvious 'Boys' gathering).

I never go into Nottm on a Sat night with just the missus no matter what.

As long as we're not wearing Stoney, Aquascutum or the usual favourites I think we'll be cool.

Meet in the square oppo the Train station Tho'.

Keep the Faith.L

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2013, 08:03 PM »

Great idea to meet in the square oppersite the station we won't get no shit over there from the boys in blue  :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2013, 08:11 PM »
Cheers Lenny-lentini and Kappy  :daumenhoch:  as per your local advice probably best to meet in the square opposite the train station  :daumenhoch: can't be hard to find  :D have either of you got a pic of said square ? just to make it crystal clear were all these radsters need to head to  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:13 PM by Badbaldie »

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2013, 09:05 PM »
Cheers Lenny-lentini and Kappy  :daumenhoch:  as per your local advice probably best to meet in the square opposite the train station  :daumenhoch: can't be hard to find  :D have either of you got a pic of said square ? just to make it crystal clear were all these radsters need to head to  :daumenhoch:
its the big square thing opposite the station ::)

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2013, 09:09 PM »

Out the station front doors, turn left and it will be 100 yards in front of you.  Full of idiots on kids bikes  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2013, 09:14 PM »

Out the station front doors, turn left and it will be 100 yards in front of you.  Full of idiots on kids bikes  :daumenhoch:

o well if idiots on bikes can find it , idiots of rad will find it too  :daumenhoch: all sorted .see you all in the square then.  and who ever doesnt find it .... your an idiot .

mani

« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2013, 09:29 PM »
yep put me down  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2013, 09:35 PM »
yep put me down  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:

will do Mani , please give us plenty of warning of which hotel your "booking into"  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2013, 09:43 PM »
I have been on the phone to Diesel1 tonight. After his rideout last year, he says there is zero chance of us getting in any of the pubs in Leeds centre (only one pub let us in last year and it still caused a lot of hassle). He has suggested a route if anyone fancies it. Its been mentioned, and he agrees, that it will be best to meet somewhere just outside the station, due to the huge amount of police in the station on match day.

5 mins from the station on the outskirts of Leeds centre, is a pub called the dry dock, its an old boat made into a pub. They were fine for 30 odd bikes on the top deck bit of the boat, and happily gave us drink and did us meals. Another 10 mins from there north of the centre, (passing a skatepark on the way) is a pub called the original oak, this has a huge outdoor area, and another pub that will be fine with a big group on bikes. From there he suggested riding down towards kirkstall abbey, more pubs round there with big outdoor areas. From there, its easy to pick up the canal path, and he knows of a few more pubs round there with big outdoor seating areas that will accept bikes.

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2013, 09:47 PM »
I have been on the phone to Diesel1 tonight. After his rideout last year, he says there is zero chance of us getting in any of the pubs in Leeds centre (only one pub let us in last year and it still caused a lot of hassle). He has suggested a route if anyone fancies it. Its been mentioned, and he agrees, that it will be best to meet somewhere just outside the station, due to the huge amount of police in the station on match day.

5 mins from the station on the outskirts of Leeds centre, is a pub called the dry dock, its an old boat made into a pub. They were fine for 30 odd bikes on the top deck bit of the boat, and happily gave us drink and did us meals. Another 10 mins from there north of the centre, (passing a skatepark on the way) is a pub called the original oak, this has a huge outdoor area, and another pub that will be fine with a big group on bikes. From there he suggested riding down towards kirkstall abbey, more pubs round there with big outdoor areas. From there, its easy to pick up the canal path, and he knows of a few more pubs round there with big outdoor seating areas that will accept bikes.

ok to make things easier for all the guys who dont know Leeds how about meeting in the square then as a group ridding down to the "dry dock" ?

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2013, 09:48 PM »

Sounds like a good route, I've just this minute pm'd diesel.  Keeps us well away from the football crowds if anyone is worrying, but be prepared to work up a thirst  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2013, 10:49 PM »
Dry dock is straight up from the square,past the town hall towards the uni,its all uphill but not too bad :daumenhoch:

If the route goes back down to Kirkstall road,its flat all the way back to town :)

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2013, 12:50 AM »
I love it when a plan comes together  :)

johnny72

« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2013, 07:12 PM »
Put me down matey

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2013, 09:20 PM »
going past Leeds town hall provides a great photo opportunity, lets see if we can beat the number of bikes from Diesels Leeds ride

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2013, 01:40 PM »
.i spoke to Glynnyboy at the start of all this as hed been involved with the Leeds ride last time,
I only attended mate.
I know with been unable to get in certain pubs Simon ended up having to play it a little off the cough so to speak but everything worked out fine and the ride was a great success.
Obviously sticking close to the same should work out fine again. It also steers you away from any potential agro which is a big plus.
The footy shouldn't be a problem.
Roll on a Sunny March the 2nd.  :daumenhoch: (as i said though be prepared for the snow though too  :LolLolLolLol:)

Offline willo73

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2013, 07:49 PM »
I'm up for this one, please pop me on the list  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Events  |  WINI'S LEEDS RIDEABOUT MARCH 2ND 2013

gfxgfx
gfx gfx