gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975556 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 05:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Changes to this website
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Changes to this website  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
Changes to this website
« on: January 06, 2013, 11:35 AM »
I thought I would start a thread with ideas on little things that annoy you with the layout of this site.

Don't post endless crap about the servers being slow coz we all know that is an on going problem. I'm talking more about the layout.  :daumenhoch:

My number 1 gripe is. Can the page up/down button be moved away from the page numbers. As when I'm using the site on my phone it gets annoying when you select the page number and hit the page up or down buttons.

It's my fat fingers you see.

I would also like to see some more smileys.  We did have a discussion thread about it but nothing happened.

In me and my bikes thread can we have a link to a comments page for that user. So you can leave comments on the bikes. As its good to give and receive nice comments about your builds. Could this be managed by the user as well?
Then all the bollocks and neg comments could be removed.

The same link for botm thread. I know there is a seperate page already. I would like to see it as a link from the botm page in say January. To botm January comments thread. Then the comments will stay. Rather than having to look through loads of pages to see where the next months comments begin. I have noticed the thread gets cleaned up. Does this happen every month?
If so all the comments get lost. Which is a shame. I think the comments are getting less and less now since the change from having the comments in the original thread option has gone.

Anyway here are a few items to start off with. Please post up with any other ideas. Or if you agree or disagree on any of the points raised in this thread. Cheers stu.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Changes to this website
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 12:23 PM »
I thought I would start a thread with ideas on little things that annoy you with the layout of this site.

I would also like to see some more smileys.  

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:28 PM by Badbaldie »

Offline GavinDavis

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 12:32 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: .....where did they come from?

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 04:52 PM »

Is that first one Stu?
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline Jaan

• Tail Whip
  • A.K.A. Chris
    • AlphaPunk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 10:13 AM »
They remind me of 90's web design... Sends a shiver down my spine...

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 07:48 AM »
To be honest, i think things such as the page up and down button (and any other buttons for that matter) are probably non configurable and are just how the forum software is  ???

I don't have any web design experience, and i'm sure none of the other admin or mods (other than Bru) have any either, so the comments links you talk of sound very complicated to set up. 

The comments in the current comments thread don't get deleted, we used to delete all the ones in the old format BOTM threads as it would've been impossible to look through and make your vote, which i'm sure would've been one of your points if we hadn't done it. 

I take on board your comment regarding the Me and My Bikes section, but most people bang up their bikes in other parts of the site where people are free to comment as much as they like  :daumenhoch:

Having no comments in the Me and My Bikes keeps it nice and clean  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 08:54 AM »
Pickle I think it's entirely reasonable to migrate the forum to new software because Stu has fat fingers, I think you're just being unfair

Next thing he'll be complaining about how these new fangled 5p pieces are 'too small and fiddly'

few more smileys would be nice though

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 04:45 PM »
Pickle I think it's entirely reasonable to migrate the forum to new software because Stu has fat fingers, I think you're just being unfair

Next thing he'll be complaining about how these new fangled 5p pieces are 'too small and fiddly'

PMSL John  ;D

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 05:07 PM »

some smileys just for you John .

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:35 PM by Badbaldie »

griff

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 05:56 PM »

some smileys just for you John .

I already posted my suggestions in here  :daumenhoch:
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=140562.0

pkripster

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 10:27 PM »
 :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 03:47 PM »

Is that first one Stu?

;D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2013, 10:04 PM »

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated: