gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975594 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 04, 2024, 03:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  SUPER TUFF BURNER GOLD??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SUPER TUFF BURNER GOLD??  (Read 13363 times)

deeman

SUPER TUFF BURNER GOLD??
« on: February 01, 2013, 09:23 PM »
Sorry for the burner content!,this question may have been asked before.my mate has just got hold of a nice Super tuff Burner mk2 survivor.the gold coating is peeling on the bars and forks.i remember from bitd it is like a plastic coating.Is this simply a gold laquer or tinter over chrome??Is it possible to recreate this finish?Any help appreciated
Damo :daumenhoch:

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: SUPER TUFF BURNER GOLD??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 09:30 PM »
I've not known anyone that's done it themselves, not successfully anyway. Your best bet is to send it to Mark Roles @ Impreziv Finishing, he does them all the time. :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:32 PM »
It's called Superchrome bro. There was a member on Bunerworld who does it. Ask Beard (Dave). He will put in the right direction  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 10:11 PM »
looks stunning when its redone, I am in the middle of building a mk1 supertuff, got this re done last year

ozone

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 10:14 PM »
It's called Superchrome bro. There was a member on Bunerworld who does it. Ask Beard (Dave). He will put in the right direction  :daumenhoch:

It is Mark aka FHM Reader as Dan said...   :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 10:20 PM »
looks stunning when its redone, I am in the middle of building a mk1 supertuff, got this re done last year

Wow.looks stunning bro.who did it and how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? :daumenhoch:
Thanks everyone else for input,will check out all avenues!

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 10:23 PM »
im sure Night Rider(grant) off here and burnerworld did a mint resto on a supertuff burner
but may well have used the people mentioned above :daumenhoch:
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

Offline stevepeanut

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 11:22 AM »

Wow.looks stunning bro.who did it and how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking? :daumenhoch:
Thanks everyone else for input,will check out all avenues!

A company called aerocoat did mine, its a weird story, I found their details on an old thread on raleighburner.com, I think it was from 1997. There were 2 places listed for superchrome, aerocoat and Impressiv. I contacted aerocoat for a price, and the guy sounded very vague and basically talked as if it was the first time he had done a bmx frame. He asked me to post if out so he could have a go. A few weeks later it was done, he just asked me to pay for the return postage back to my house and didnt want any money for doing it, the only thing he asked, was that he could have good quality pictures for his website, once the bike was fully built. The only thing he mentioned, was that the coating he used, was not very tough, and if the bike was used and abused it would chip easily. He did mention he was working on a new process that would leave a similar frame in a solid almost damage proof coating.

I love the finish, and I was pretty gobsmacked when he refused any money for doing it. Must have been my lucky day.

simon h

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 05:51 PM »
Thats good to know Steve.
 Aerocoat did a refurbishment on a mates Alloys off a mk4 golf Anniversary . Stunning finish .
i might give them a bell , i have two Super Tuffs that need Super chroming.

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 07:15 PM »
Looks fantastic, whats the finish anno or paint ?
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 07:23 PM »
Looks fantastic, whats the finish anno or paint ?

It's like a translucent powdercoat Ash

Well thats what (FHMreader Mark ) Impressiv  use

They do the smoke clear coat like on Pro Class Mongoose and Night Burner 's too  :daumenhoch:

This was Spen's old Goose ,,, lovely job

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:28 PM by Hunterdubber »

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 07:28 PM »
Super cool finish, I have a 77 Race inc that I was going to paint but might get the gold now  :4_17_5:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

deeman

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 11:13 AM »
For anyone who is interested I have been in touch with Impreziv and the cost is a very reasonable £80 for frame forks and bars.Any gold will have to be removed first,and parts polished as best as possible.Phone number is 01325 489899.The finish is indeed a translucent powdercoat and therefore is as durable as it can be. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  SUPER TUFF BURNER GOLD??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx