gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975545 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 08, 2024, 04:59 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Market Place  |  Jumble Sale  |  i pad........
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: i pad........  (Read 1605 times)

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
i pad........
« on: May 20, 2013, 07:58 AM »
The missus has been nagging me to get her an i pad....no idea about these things as I've never had one, she want's one with a built in camera so she can Skype or some 5hit.

would it be an I pad 2 and above ? anyway what you got ? :daumenhoch:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: i pad........
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 08:06 AM »
not sure if you can still get the 2 Ash?  if it's deffo an ipad she wants i would go for the Mini  :daumenhoch:

Offline Discostu

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 08:40 AM »
I have the new ipad. Which is the 4th version. That has a camera. It also uses the new lightening connector.
I think you can still get the 3rd generation ipad that uses the old bigger connector but I'm unsure if it has a camera. (I think it does)

So it depends on what you want to connect to it. You can get adapters though. But bear in mind most products made by  manafacturers  from now on is likely to use the new connector.  :daumenhoch:

Speak to Harorider he has had some for sale recently. 

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 09:06 AM »
get her a calculator Ash and if she kicks off then twirl a sword round your head 'till she gets the message  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

deshstar

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 09:20 AM »
You can currently buy from Apple the 4th gen iPad, the iPad 2 and the iPad mini. All have front and rear cameras. Specs wise the iPad2 and mini are virtually identical, the differences are obviously the screen size, but the cameras on the mini are also better than the 2, the mini also uses Siri (the clever voice thing) whilst the 2 does not. The mini is also cheaper, starting at £269 as oppose to £329. Hope that helps  :)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 09:26 AM »
get her a calculator Ash and if she kicks off then twirl a sword round your head 'till she gets the message  :daumenhoch:

Not a great plan that Ed, Kam is the only person on planet Earth that Ash is scared of :-\

Don't forget, no court on earth will convict a pregnant woman if she accidentally muders her husband in cold blood while he sleeps..... :yahoo_silent:
Still limping......

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 10:57 AM »
Get her the best one, that way it won't be out of date in six months.
Just get the 16gb wi-fi only 4th gen, it's only a few quid more expensive and much better.
ding dong

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 11:35 AM »
I've got one of these

http://www.johnlewis.com/apple-ipad-2-apple-a5-1ghz-ios-6-9-7-wi-fi-16gb-black/p231208919

perfect for most of the stuff we do & if you buy from John Lewis you get a 2 year warranty  :daumenhoch:

If you go for a 3G you will need another phone contract + it costs more to buy, so I don't think it's worth it.

deshstar

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 12:26 PM »
If you bought a mini it won't be out of date within six months. I'm still using a 2 nearly 3 years on and I use it for everything from web surfing, reading, to djing and graphics and it's still works like the day I got it. It all depends on what she wants to use it for.

Some of the new high end games would massively benefit form the extra horses of the 4th gen retina, likewise for video editing but if it's for web browsing, Facebook, email, reading and skyping then I'd say the mini. Plus it'll fit in her handbag!

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 12:58 PM »
I was being subtle.
Get her the best one you tight fooker :LolLolLolLol:
All them rare Bmx bits, get your hand in your pocket and buy her the best one.
ding dong

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 05:14 PM »

Ash we got 3rd gen,4th gen and mini and tbh go latest pad and go 64g, 32 fills up constantly

Offline oldschoolib

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 08:29 PM »
just to throw a spanner in the works ash one of the kids has an ipad and another has a samsung tablet for me the samsung more than matches the i pad for more than half the cost similar size to an i pad mini, something to think about  :daumenhoch:

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2013, 09:24 PM »
FFS I'm totally lost now with all the research I have to do  :yahoo_silent: but I might have come to a conclusion....she can go without  :daumenhoch:   or at least in my head I'll be thinking that but Spen knows the score so I'll be getting one  :(

Anyway there's plenty to ponder for the next 6 months while I save up JT  :crazy2: ;D

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2013, 10:03 PM »
If you have an iPhone you can use its 3G connection by tethering to the iPad by Bluetooth so you don't need to buy the version with 3G .
I would give the google nexus 7 a look its easily as good as the iPad mini and only £200 for a 64 gb......

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2013, 10:09 PM »
Here's something else, I don't even know what she want's one for or what she'll really use it for. So what stuff do they do other than downloading and watching ermmm films  :D

Chapperz

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 10:16 PM »
We got one direct from Apple. Refurb store.
Some useful savings to be made, and complete with Guarantee. I really couldn't find anything different to a new one, comes in all the packaging but does have the refurbished in small letters somewhere on the box (i seem to remember)
All options available, but as mentioned above, you can fill the memory quick so go for one with as much memory as you can afford.

Linky

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

:daumenhoch:

crossdave

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 10:06 PM »
forget all the apple crap go blackberry playbook all the way and a third of the cost to :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Market Place  |  Jumble Sale  |  i pad........

gfxgfx
gfx gfx