gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975542 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 05, 2024, 08:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Help needed with Haro Master 93
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help needed with Haro Master 93  (Read 3154 times)

96Transporter

Help needed with Haro Master 93
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:12 PM »
HI there folks.
I`m new to the forum and looking for some help and advise with a bike i have just bought. The story is that i have just got my hands on a few BMX`s and noticed this one and when i started doing some reserch i found it might not just be the ususal rubish worth £20. Ok so i think from what i`ve found it`s a 93? Really i will probably sell it on as the Mrs isn`t keen on me having to many more bikes sitting in shed or the loft. So is it worth just tidying up and putting on ebay or would i be best off breaking it up and selling, which i don`t really want to do or shall i spend a bit of money on it and restore before selling. Have a look at the pics and let me no what you think please. It looks fairly orginal to me but i`m no expert on Haro bikes. It`s still got Haro tyres on it and caps on top of the cables to stop water getting down the brake lines. It must have been sttod a long time as the chain is only fit to be replaced but with a bit of WD40 and a clean everything sems to be working fine.
94.photobucket.com/albums/i443/darren_leslie1/002.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Help needed with Haro Master 93
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:22 PM »
have a look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-haro-master-all-original-collector-/221224312524?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item3381ff1ecc&nma=true&si=RltykkskPur1U%252FdLfgmpUmzj0Xs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_57wt_1242

peeps were willling to pay up to $405 for this in this auction, thereby not meeting the reserve -- seller wanted 1500 BIN.

So you've got a point. Might want to get it from rusty to decent first. Maybe you'll like it then and keep it.  ;)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:24 PM »
Original catalog images here  :daumenhoch:

http://www.harobmxcollector.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Haro_1993.pdf

looks pretty nice to me ... 100% cromo frame ... if you can get it all clean you'd get a decent price on Ebay as it looks pretty original.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

96Transporter

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:36 PM »
Thanks for that. I did see a 91 that finished on ebay on sunday went for £1500! i was shocked. What would you say mine is worth as it is now? Obviously no where near that but just trying to work out if it would be worth taking the time to restore. The problem if i restore it i probably won`t want to sell it. lol

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 10:46 PM »
was that the orange 91 Air Master... they are pretty desirable bikes  :angel: I've got a 91 minty Sport so I'm hoping that will fetch a decent price.

Depending on the resto job you can do... i.e. get it looking minty fresh again, you could get £200/£300 on ebay... maybe.

Negative factors are that its an awful colour and there was a load of cheap Haro frame that came after that look very similar... Zippo, Revo etc.

...that said I sold a pair of the forks like on yours with screw in pegs for £100!
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

96Transporter

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 10:58 PM »
Yes that was the one, i did notice some differences between the frame on mine and that one. so the air master is the one to have then! hhhmmm i will have to have a think on what to do with it now then. May be worth more in bits then  :-\ Thanks for the help. I will probably be posting about another bike tomorrow that my friend bought at the same time.

Mdbh

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 06:22 AM »
There was a nos 1 of these a few months bk that sold for £300 93's aren't really on the wanted list!

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 06:48 AM »
There was a nos 1 of these a few months bk that sold for £300 93's aren't really on the wanted list!

we said that about bashguards a few years back so you never know what will happen . ps i two of those here and awesome bikes to ride ,i had one since new
no1stuntmaster on instagram

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Help needed with Haro Master 93

gfxgfx
gfx gfx