gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975545 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 08, 2024, 07:09 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Market Place  |  Jumble Sale  |  OTO - MEGA RARE - Pre Transformers Megatron Toy - BOXED NOS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OTO - MEGA RARE - Pre Transformers Megatron Toy - BOXED NOS  (Read 1237 times)

deshstar

This really pains me but I need to raise a bit of cash so it's either let a bike go or this. I don't know how many people here were my generation and would be interested in this but I thought why not offer it up before the bay.

This is a MEGA rare Pre Transformers Megatron action figure. In short before Transformers was a franchise there was a small line of Japanese toys call 'Microman' this consisted of robots that disguised themselves as  1/1 scale objects; namely guns, microscopes and Walkman stereos (no cars or planes at this point). This was in the early 80's. Then the American toy giant Hasbro caught wind of it (probably thought ' hey, why not 'Transform' these into cars and planes... all kids love playing with cars, planes and robots... cars vs planes...   $$$$$$  etc etc) developed a backstory and the Transformers we all know was born.

Which basically means this thing is older than me. Still NOS in the box, never transformed (as far as I can tell) , stickers never applied. This comes with all the bits that the commercially available Transformers Megatron came with, but there are also some distinguishing differences - this pre version comes with a laser sword (looks quite sharp, apparently were scared kids were going to stab themselves with it. This version also fires plastic pellets!!! - Shoot down targets are also in the box.

The overall condition is amazing for a 33 year old toy. Obviously the box has a bit of wear here and there but the print is still bright, legible (but Japanese) and complete. The figure itself is outstanding, the chrome is better than a lot of the NOS bmx gear on here  ;D There is a slight rub on the chrome to the base of handle where it has been rubbing against the polystyrene. All the booklets are intact, the only thing is two pellets aren't on the sprue, ones loose in the box, the other was missing when I got it.

Overall then a super rare bit of nostalgia, I've owned this for 10 years now and i think it's time to let someone else have a go  ;)

With the recent global success of the Transfomers motion picture reboot (with more films in the making) the price of this thing is just going to go up and up as a whole new generation get into it.

When the first movie of the reboot came out I saw one of these come up and it sold for $1000. I recon it's worth about £450-500, I'm going to offer it today for £350 as I need a quick sale.

Thanks

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:01 PM by deshstar »

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: MEGA RARE - Pre Transformers Megatron Toy - BOXED NOS
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 09:37 PM »
Awesome collectors piece  :4_17_5:

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 10:19 PM »
His cool is that?
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

deshstar

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 10:21 PM »
Cheers Robbo

deshstar

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 07:07 AM »
His cool is that?
why you talking northern?
Griff loves BUM..

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 08:35 AM »
His cool is that?
why you talking northern?
What you saying like? John !  :LolLolLolLol: Adam divvnnt Naaa his arse from is elbow!

Offline sparkysx

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 11:04 AM »
 :smitten:

I had all of these and sold them at a car boot when i was 14

mattuknc

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 11:07 AM »
wow! I had the 80's transformer version of this!! I'll have to see if it's still at dad's!
GLWTS.  :daumenhoch:

deshstar

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 11:19 AM »
mattuknc - Your avatar sums it up!  :)

deshstar

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 06:10 PM »
Bump

deshstar

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 02:59 PM »
Feel free to PM me with any SERIOUS offers. Thanks

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Market Place  |  Jumble Sale  |  OTO - MEGA RARE - Pre Transformers Megatron Toy - BOXED NOS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx