gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 15, 2024, 05:10 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  restoring my ol' loopy ripper - **** - moved to tech / resto ****
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: restoring my ol' loopy ripper - **** - moved to tech / resto ****  (Read 1817 times)

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
since coming to MK13 as a newbie and being blown away by everyone  / everything........I have decided to restore my old loopy ripper.  I was hoping to get a haro freestyler, but man, they are going for silly money on ebay - and since my decision, I have never been so excited. ! wooohooooo

partner and littlun, out for the day, got the beers in, the sun is out and the tunes are on.  Lets start this thing ! I frikkin love this shit !

This has to be the most fun you can have with your clothes on !

piccies up soon.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:03 AM by adammannering »
Wanted any condition pk ripper repop for my daily rider !

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
You need working on boy!

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
Look forward to seeing pics.
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
You need working on boy!

Step up to the plate Rich  ;) ;D

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
since coming to MK13 as a newbie and being blown away by everyone  / everything........I have decided to restore my old loopy ripper.  I was hoping to get a haro freestyler, but man, they are going for silly money on ebay - and since my decision, I have never been so excited. ! wooohooooo

partner and littlun, out for the day, got the beers in, the sun is out and the tunes are on.  Lets start this thing ! I frikkin love this shit !

This has to be the most fun you can have with your clothes on !

piccies up soon.

Before & After pics , start a thread in Tech & Restp maybe ? .

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
this is gonna be messy, he's been bitten BAD and we all know where that leads  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Are you sure you want to remove all that history from your ripper. I loved the way it looked at mk. And would love to have one of my old rides from bitd with all the marks and scratches. In the end its yur ride and do with it as you please. But I reckon by the time you restored your ripper you might be looking at a haro sized bill

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
this is gonna be messy, he's been bitten BAD and we all know where that leads  :LolLolLolLol:
:laugh:

The only time you should be on the computer right now is to upload pix  :daumenhoch:

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:

Here we go, a piccy.  So much fun.  I feel like I just been laid for the first time.

Totally having it.

Thanks for your comments Jaymz, respect your opinion, but on sunday I wouldnt of thought i'd be doing this.

Better remove my snipeswipe for the haro.....before the missus finds out as set at £1500.00 YES I WAS DELUDED but have seen the light !

love you all x

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
im not restoring it - restoring it.  More ' rat look ' - tidy but lived in.  Which it is, and of course cane it round the woods.

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Mattdub - yeah have taken loads of shots, will open up a thread in restoration - cheers.....  Dont forget first effort - and I'm riding it everywhere.

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
BTW on the profile pic that is me on the far left - on an MT racing silverfox.  I saw a dude at MK13 on one, but he was deep in conversation when I spotted him, lovely bike !

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
BTW on the profile pic that is me on the far left - on an MT racing silverfox.  I saw a dude at MK13 on one, but he was deep in conversation when I spotted him, lovely bike !
thatll be griff on the mt he'll talk your ear off about it if you ask! They are a good priced build to do. If you can find one.

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
If you are going to ride it then the Ripper is a better bike IMO

Ive had both and even though Gen 1s are beautiful bikes the ripper just feels more stable.

Enjoying cleaning it and leave it as a survivor. Pointless spending dollar getting it restored only to ride it and scratch it.

Clean, ride, enjoy. thats what they were made for  :D

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
yeah know what your sayin jimwise68 - my aim is to spend about 3 days on it this week, ready to go BMX'ing.

If anyone local to wigmore , gillingham, kent, that wants to go BumFlexing gimme a shout.  Two skate parks in medway, at cozenton park, rainham, kent, and also rochester, kent.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
I'll be there.

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
You local devilock ?

griff

thatll be griff on the mt he'll talk your ear off about it if you ask! They are a good priced build to do. If you can find one.

Thanks Adam, you should have come over despite LuckyJaymz's warning  :teef:

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
I was close Griff , brought back amazing memories - I wish I spoke to more people that day - a bit of me being overwhelmed / tad shy - you'll certainly hear from me next meet up - cant wait - when is it by the way ?

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
I would just take it apart, clean it up and put it back together.  :)

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
That's exactly what I'm gunna do bmx1973 - I've cleaned the skyways -they've come up ok - satisfied - frame coming on  - just some new decals - and I'm off.   Was listening to ET soundtrack whilst doing wheels.  Very pleasant indeed. 

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
I'll be there.

Hey Rich.   :LolLolLolLol:

Still in neutral then,   Wait till he gets into top gear .....   :4_17_5:
Live life as young as you can, for as long as you can

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Is ' top gear ' - lieing in bed - post coital - trying for number two - and just wishing I can sneak into the garage with my polish and spanners and vodka diet lemonade ?

Offline adammannering

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
I have just added some piccies to the resto section  :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  restoring my ol' loopy ripper - **** - moved to tech / resto ****

gfxgfx
gfx gfx