gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975556 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 04:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Are these bars FUBAR?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Are these bars FUBAR?  (Read 1074 times)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
Are these bars FUBAR?
« on: March 05, 2014, 01:15 AM »
Whilst having another look at the bars that came with my Laserlite [see previous post: http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,170244.0.html] I noticed the following crack...

Apologies for the poor quality iPhone photos but bearing in mind that I'm building a rider, do peeps think these bars are still ok or are they an accident waiting to happen? If the latter, does anyone have any alternatives that they want to sell me?   :daumenhoch:

Cheers!

Mick
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: Are these bars FUBAR?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 07:12 AM »
Fire Phil (Sawzall) a message mate, he'll be able to advise you, I've seen some stuff worse than that, that he's resurrected.

An alternative possibly are Hsin Lung bars. Torker Mick has a set for sale at the minute too.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 09:06 AM »
if the bikes being built as a survivor, just leave em  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 09:34 AM »
Thanks Dan!  :daumenhoch:

Yeah it is, I just don't want to scrape myself off the ground if they break on me! :D
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 09:44 AM »
If it's not getting ridden - leave em. If you're gonna ride it I'd get em Sawzall'd  :daumenhoch:
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 05:39 PM »
No penetration on the welds  :2gunsfiring_v1: Pisses me  ::)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 07:11 AM »
Likewise, though tbh I thought the bars were junk, no-namers when I agreed to buy the bike, it was only later that I thought they might actually be worth keeping/using! Right, time for some new bars me thinks!  ;)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 07:20 AM »
if they are of any value they could easily be tig welded, then powdered, sbd did a nice chrome powdre if thats your choice. if theyre no name bars it would be cheaper to get a new set tho.
I want to touch ORB

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 12:40 PM »
Put a full pic of bars up so we can identify them . C if they r worth the hassle of fixing  ;)

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 03:18 PM »
Put a full pic of bars up so we can identify them . C if they r worth the hassle of fixing  ;)

Easier said than done as I'm on the 'ol iPhone at the mo' but you can see them on the other thread, the link to which is at the beginning of this one.   :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 09:34 AM »
Thanks Dan!  :daumenhoch:

Yeah it is, I just don't want to scrape myself off the ground if they break on me! :D

sorry, did not kno it was gonna be used properly :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 01:56 AM »

These are they:-

So the general consensus of opinion would seem to be that they are fine for show but not for riding unless repaired.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Are these bars FUBAR?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx