gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975609 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 17, 2024, 10:46 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DP Firebird Delta II - 1st project.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: DP Firebird Delta II - 1st project.  (Read 6068 times)

Offline rotorist

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: DP Firebird Delta II - 1st project.
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 10:26 AM »
Cheers guys, I knew the post was going to be contentious and agreed it looks **** but does make for a good riding position. This was going to be a rider but on having a quick spin round the garden it became evident that the brakes are next to useless, I'm sure my Araya 7X rims from BITD were much better at stopping than these Skyways (even considering the extra two stone of load). Any thoughts as to how I might improve the braking?

Also any suggestions for a post and saddle that might suit......Uni.......?
On the lookout for - Black California Lite Frame Pad

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: DP Firebird Delta II - 1st project.
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 10:37 AM »
All OS brakes are pretty poor mate, as you've mentioned, none of us are what we weighed aged 13 anymore.

Tuffs are worse than alloys, better if you add new school type pads, such as Xposure, but these squeal like a pig.  "nono"

I always put a single brake (rear) with my alloys, and use tan DC blocks, they seem to be ok for me, and I'm nudging 15 stone.  :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  DP Firebird Delta II - 1st project.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx