gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975544 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 07, 2024, 04:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway tuff best dye to use
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyway tuff best dye to use  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Watty4600

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Skyway tuff best dye to use
« on: August 01, 2014, 02:14 PM »
Hi trying to find what's the best dye to use on skyway tuffs .
I am trying to redye my red tuffs , if I Carnt do red could go black
I can not find dylon in the tins only powder in the packets is this as good
Or do I use rit dye powder or liquid , any help .thanks

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Skyway tuff best dye to use
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 05:44 PM »
dunno about the difference between dylon tin and powder,
but ya might aswell just use rit and then Bork Bork Bork like this:

ok i wont use none of that stuff i had mentioned,so what type of dye is it you use and is it permanent etc,god i would need to look for something thats big enough to put the rims into,
what other procedures do you guy use and know off?

You need a big plastic tub, I got mine from B&Q for £12, 2 packs of Rit dye available off eBay and 2 containers of table salt from the supermarket, you also need a wallpaper steamer that you can remove the bit that makes contact with the wall leaving a tube only.

Andy (dancetothebummersbeat) did some blue Z's last year for his Adidas build, pm him mate.

Offline Rabdul06

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 04:04 PM »

I used Rit liquid to dye my tuffs blue again. They were very faded and came out great. Threw in a box of salt, kept the water hot and left them in there until they reached the color I wanted. Easy.

Before..........

During.......

After.....

Offline kalex

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 04:58 PM »
Contact bendy

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 01:29 PM »
Good result on them Tuffs  :)

Offline snoopy72

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 06:31 AM »

I used Rit liquid to dye my tuffs blue again. They were very faded and came out great. Threw in a box of salt, kept the water hot and left them in there until they reached the color I wanted. Easy.

Before..........

During.......

After.....

Nice results but the salt would have been a waste of time, salt is used when dying cotton only, also if you have any metalic objects connected to the nylon it rots like fook, I experimented with dying seats tried salt with one lot and it badly pitted the bottom of a stainless pan.
I contacted Rit and they said salt is only for cotton and the dye is only designed to work for 40 mins max , after this time if there are no results it will never dye.
for best results warm a pot just under boiling, add dye liquid or powder , stir and add 1 tablespoon of non bio washing powder, add the item you with to dye then 40 mins later rinse with clean water.
You can also put the items in the dish washer first before dying to give them a deep clean :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 06:38 AM by snoopy72 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway tuff best dye to use

gfxgfx
gfx gfx