gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975545 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 08, 2024, 05:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Market Place  |  Jumble Sale  |  1980's road bike, unique, factory spec
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1980's road bike, unique, factory spec  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Munnyella

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
1980's road bike, unique, factory spec
« on: August 11, 2014, 06:57 PM »
I have acquired this bike from an elderly customer, who can no longer get on it, not that he has much since ho took ownership of it in 1980!!

My customer, Brian, used to run a display company in the 70's and '80's and in 1980, was doing something for a Nottingham based company who were doing an exhibition locally.

Anyway, Brian ended up taking this as part payment for the work he did and was told it was a special order, custom spec bike from the factory.

It is a Worksop built, Carlton/Raleigh Sirocco, TI 20-30 tubing, which was similar to 531, but seamed, and made in house by TI, I'm told in Desford Leicester, (just up the road from my house) not sure about this fact, as My wife worked there (Desford Tubes) untill it shut down, and they were doing bearing stock tubes and gun barrels!!

It is as it left the factory, apart from new tyres and tubes and I have swapped the cables from US handing to UK handing, weird to be Front brake on the left, but could be because of the special order I guess.

Brian reckons he'd done no more than a couple of hundred miles on it and ive done about 20, so its pretty light use, but has a few storage marks, but nothing that doesn't add to the patina of age!!

I'd like £200, which I don't think is madness, but will consider offers, can take to MK.

Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: 1980's road bike, unique, factory spec
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 04:12 PM »
What's the frame size  ???

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 07:24 PM »
Have you any close ups of the patina
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline Munnyella

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 07:59 PM »
The frame is 211/2" from BB center to top tube centreline following the seat tube, 21" vertically from BB to C/l top tube

Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Market Place  |  Jumble Sale  |  1980's road bike, unique, factory spec

gfxgfx
gfx gfx