gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 06:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Who's fooked themselves up the best since riding again.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Who's fooked themselves up the best since riding again.  (Read 2216 times)

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Who's fooked themselves up the best since riding again.
« on: December 03, 2014, 06:19 PM »
I was thinking today about how Bubbs has fooked himself up riding Harrow & was wondering if anyone can beat him, the only person I know who could have, or very close is Rom Bloke when he cracked his skull at Rom.

So anyone top either of these two ? Or if not what's the worst you've done ?

I know Greg & Diggler have broken legs.

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Who's fooked themselves up the best since riding again.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 06:33 PM »
i fell off my old school cruiser whilst riding home from work in june,i broke my ribs cut an artery

in my ankle,damaged both knees, my left shoulder was cut and bruised  hurt my neck and

buggered my left elbow

just glad i had a helmet on as that was damaged and had to be replaced,i wouldn't ride

without one now!!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:49 PM by sawzall »
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 06:33 PM »
the last bone i broke was my cheekbone, trying a tailwhip onto the platform of our old ramps. backwheel hung up on the coping as i kicked the backend sending me face first into the metal railings at speed. it made a big dent in my face and had to have an operation to pull the bone back into place. trying not to leave any visible scars they shaved the side of my head and cut me open above my ear and put a tool down to my cheekbone to pull it back into place. that was before i started going bald though.  ;D had a broken leg too on the same ramp, took a slam and ended up on the flat bottom with a lot of pain in my leg. i sat up and looked down at my foot thinking my shoe had came off because it was upside down facing the wrong way, my foot was still in the shoe.  :2funny: broken my ribs a couple of times and a broken collarbone too.

griff

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 06:35 PM »
In before Spen  :teef:

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 06:38 PM »
Denzils got  the ultimate story

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 06:49 PM »
My wallet gets battered, regularly.  ::)

Worth every penny though., :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 06:50 PM »
i fell off my old school cruiser whilst riding home from work in june,i broke my ribs cut an artery

in my ankle,damaged both knees, my left shoulder was cut and bruised and hurt my neck,

just glad i had a helmet on as that was damaged and had to be replaced,i wouldn't ride

without one now!!!

Interesting you should mention the value of wearing a helmet Phil as I was returning from a mates one night a couple of years ago without a helmet & woke up in hospital. I have no recollection what happened.
I was unconscious for about 7 hours. Just a small scar on my jawline remains.

I think my worst injury was a torn rotator cuff due to hitting a rogue root after flying off a jump whilst downhilling & landed on my armpit. My arm slightly came out the socket. I nearly fainted.

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 06:50 PM »
In the last 7 years and as a result of riding bicycles.

Broken foot
Shattered heel
Eleventeen ribs
Shattered radius in wrist, the other bone, the ulna was also broken and poking out
Scaphoid in other wrist, more ribs
Collarbone
Severe pneumothorax or ruptured lung, more ribs
Collarbone again and the rib just below it, got a helmet cracker of a concussion as a bonus too, I couldn't remember the way to the hospital.
Not broke owt today though :4_17_5:

Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 06:52 PM »
JOFF has to be the winner ... hes not broke anything of his own ..... BUT .... everytime he turns up anyware then some poor bugger brakes something ... he must have broke everybone in someone ... several times over  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 06:53 PM »
He's on my credits :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 06:57 PM »
Men who have incurred injuries love answering these questions.

You may as well ask who is the hardest & has the biggest man bits.

griff

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 07:03 PM »
Riding gently back from the bogs at MK13 I had one hand on the grip, the other on the bog roll when I suddenly realised that the stem bolt on my silverfox wasn't properly tightened in the headtube any more - causing all control of steering to be lost and what felt like a very slow-motion fall to the side of the road

Luckily I escaped any severe physical injury, but was mentally scarred thanks to this happening directly in front of Hutchman Dave and Ash Kungfunky (who were on hand to help laugh at my misfortune)  :teef:

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Riding gently back from the bogs at MK13 I had one hand on the grip, the other on the bog roll when I suddenly realised that the stem bolt on my silverfox wasn't properly tightened in the headtube any more - causing all control of steering to be lost and what felt like a very slow-motion fall to the side of the road

Luckily I escaped any severe physical injury, but was mentally scarred thanks to this happening directly in front of Hutchman Dave and Ash Kungfunky (who were on hand to help laugh at my misfortune)  :teef:

now if Joff had been there ........ youd have had broken bones ... i rest my case  ;D

Offline Howser

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 07:17 PM »

So the loss of control had nothing to do with alcohol consumption then griff  ::)  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 07:27 PM »
I tried to kill myself about 4yrs back at Andover practising......

Came off in some triples on the 3rd straight, it was quite well documented on here at the time but without going in to too much detail i broke 3 ribs, broke my collar bone and dislocated my Sternoclavicular Joint which is still dislocated today. They can't do anything for it as the operation is very unsuccessful.

Had nearly 4 months off work.  :4_17_5: I stopped racing after that. I had to basically.

I also had a crash at Bournemouth in front of Rad members Billy Stupple and Mike Wong of Dialled bikes, no injuries but god did they laugh  :LolLolLolLol: Billy also asked why i was body popping on a BMX track in front of everyone.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 07:57 PM »
I tried to kill myself about 4yrs back at Andover practising......

:LolLolLolLol:

griff

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 08:46 PM »

So the loss of control had nothing to do with alcohol consumption then griff  ::)  :LolLolLolLol:

No Doug, it was my morning dump  ;)

& Len, I'm sure Joff wasn't far off  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 09:01 PM »

How about who feels the most hated, emptiest and the most detached from society ?

Better?

Offline Devilock

• Berm Worm
  • ●|●|●
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 09:07 PM »

How about who feels the most hated, emptiest and the most detached from society ?

Better?

Not another one who's lost their sense of humour...surely not Si...

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 09:24 PM »
collarbone snapped, damaged shoulder joint , 3 fingers bruised so bad i could nt feel them for 18 hrs, cuts and bruises shoulder and face . possible broken hip. its the only time i ve fallen in years and coz a fokin car hit half my back rim(yes rim).  claimed against and won substantially.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 09:41 PM »
In before Spen  :teef:

:LolLolLolLol: John

Yeah, only an idiot would ride a kids bike in a concrete skatepark without a helmet. .... :buck2:

Or ride a mountain bike for twenty years previously and injur themselves just as much :crazy2:
Still limping......

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2014, 09:50 PM »
Guys all this on kids push iron's...

Don't get on an MX bike for gods sake   :LolLolLolLol:

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Live life as young as you can, for as long as you can

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2014, 10:02 PM »
This thread is moot.

Rombloke wins.

Although the dude who nearly lost both kidneys at the Charlton Spine Ramp deserves an honourable mention......

Offline bmxband1t77

• Cherry Picker
  • '77 a good year (Star Wars-Punk) but not my DOB.
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2014, 11:24 PM »

If you turn Bluetooth off your battery lasts a lot longer. Bluetooth nxt to useless on iPhone without apps to open it up or use in car. Just sayin like.

Nice bike tho

Jonboy Stay RAD and BMX Forever

Offline BADDH

• Look Back
  • BMX
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 06:21 AM »

If you turn Bluetooth off your battery lasts a lot longer. Bluetooth nxt to useless on iPhone without apps to open it up or use in car. Just sayin like.

Nice bike tho

Jonboy Stay RAD and BMX Forever

Okekokie I will take that advice buddy,  the bike's a KX450 FI,  goes like a rocket.. >:D
Live life as young as you can, for as long as you can

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Who's fooked themselves up the best since riding again.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx