gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 10:49 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  1995 GT Performer
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1995 GT Performer  (Read 3022 times)

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
1995 GT Performer
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:39 PM »
This was the first decent frame I ever owned.  Saved hard, built it bit by bit then some git nicked it.  Picked this up today and I'm well chuffed with it.  It's pretty much all OG and in good nick.  I'd love to get the missing decals for the frame though.  Anybody know where I could get some or a scan of some?

Offline BMXOAP

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: 1995 GT Performer
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 05:36 AM »
Think you will find some decals on eBay bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Pretty sure del has them as well - look at those bars tho!!! Wheelbarrow lol
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline kayla

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Sweeeeeeet! I love Performers. Padded GT seat too! :D

I've been scouring ebay for anything other than 80s Performer decals (for my 1994 and 1998) and there's not much :(

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 08:17 PM »
Unfortunately Del doesn't have the 95 stickers.  I've been asking some guys at BMX Museum if they'll send me scans of theirs but I'm waiting to hear back.  I've also emailed GT too and it's been passed through to several departments.  I'm waiting for a reply from them.  Has anybody tried asking GT for decals or decal templates before?  I'd be amazed if they sent me either.

ED - leave the bars alone.  They're classic and exactly how I like them.  Similar in girth to my Decade bars I reckon :D

I've seen decals for the 98 performer on Ebay.  In fact most performer decals other than the ones that I actually want!

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 02:11 PM »
Changed the chain wheel to the pro series one I had on my original bike and added the forks decals,  this picture has got me pretty excited :D. I've ordered a new gyro cable set so I can try and get the pitbull nice and sharp.  Just need the rest of e decals to finish it off nicely.  The one downside was a burst in the side wall of the rear tyre.  I didn't notice that when I picked it up but it's just one of those things.  I'll keep an eye out for a single GT tan wall but I know they don't go cheap these days.  In the meantime I'm gonna put on a set of wheels I built with Alex rims, Odyssey Pro Factor hubs and Diamond back white walls. They roll really nice.

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 10:11 AM »
I've finished this build now and I'm loving it.  I didn't really have to do much to it other than find the missing decals, change the chain ring to the one I had BITD and fix the brakes up.  I also decided to change the original Weinmann wheels for a set of wheels I'd got built with Odyssey Pro Factor hubs just because they roll so nicely.  My biggest victory was getting the pitbull to work reasonably well through the Gyro.  A feat I'm quite proud of  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline monteryroom

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 03:22 AM »
Cool bike. I remember liking these back in the day. (In the mags, never saw one in person).

Offline EDBANGER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 04:12 PM »
The bike I built BITD had this frame, stem, sprocket but various other odd parts including Decade bars, tange forks and GT Mohawk mags.  I totally love this build though.  Takes me right back.  Putting the new decals on this was a magical moment.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  1995 GT Performer

gfxgfx
gfx gfx