gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975542 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 05, 2024, 04:53 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  '87 Ammaco Pro Team Star.... any info?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: '87 Ammaco Pro Team Star.... any info?  (Read 1282 times)

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
'87 Ammaco Pro Team Star.... any info?
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:53 AM »
I picked this up on Fb today. I felt a bit sorry for it sat there not being bought yesterday and the price was good so gave it some dibbage.

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I kind of  :smitten: the OG padset and decals on it, and quite a long TT by the looks of it. Never heard of the model though - you can just make out the red 'Pro Team Star' lettering on the chain stay. Serial number indicates it as being produced in May '87. I really have no idea about it at all, apart from that I fancied a survivor build and having just completed my Ammaco Freestyle Pro this will slot nicely into the line-up, hopefully with minimal work. There's no mention of this model online following a swift Google search, and there are no examples on the 'Museum either.

The seller also has the original crank and chainring too.

Anybody got any later 80's Ammaco info at all?   :-\
Funking in your space since 1984.

Offline markstrong10

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: '87 Ammaco Pro Team Star.... any info?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:06 AM »
Is this any help?
IF SOMETHING'S HARD, BE HARD WITH IT...

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 02:14 PM »
Looks about right to me, same stem in the specs also. Thanks matey  :daumenhoch:

Badged and padded slightly differently, but then I have seen various Ammaco details like that change within the same model. I really like it and having never seen one before i thought i'd give it a go.

We'll see how it turns out  ;)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 05:49 PM »
I'm sure by about '88 it was too expensive to chrome everything so Ammaco went down the paint route, so if this is an '87 it's one of the earlier ones :coolsmiley:

Mongoose went the same with thier frames - the M3 or something being a Cali etc and then the freestylers.

Nice find - give it a good scrub, slap some other survivor bits on it and job done :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

Offline dinglem

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 06:34 PM »
Yeah - serial is defo May '87. Something a little different anyway.

I even like the faded red stem on it  ;D

The wife already really likes my Ammaco Freestyle Pro, mainly because it is so long i think. She's a leggy whatsit so she fits it well without banging her knees - so i'm hoping she'll like this one also  ;)

I'll be interested to see how it looks when it arrives, and what the weld quality is like also. I've already got a couple of wheel options available in red, and i also have a Renthal layback knocking about, and an Ammaco-stamped chainring so not too much to do I don't think.

Rider.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  '87 Ammaco Pro Team Star.... any info?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx