gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975539 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 02, 2024, 12:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Harry Main & Mafia BMX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Harry Main & Mafia BMX  (Read 2850 times)

rodriguez

Harry Main & Mafia BMX
« on: January 15, 2016, 01:56 PM »
Harry Main has taken up sponsorship by Mafia.

http://www.mafiabike.com/

Anyone any thoughts.

Here's one view

http://bmxunion.com/blog/bmx-shops-and-direct-to-consumer-war/

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Harry Main & Mafia BMX
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 03:33 PM »
At least Mafia are now putting something into the sport instead of just undercutting all the othe other brands out there. Must be a hell of a payday to make main give up the cool brand and ride for a hi ten manufacturer, I bet you the actual bike he rides isn't a Mafia, it's just stickered as one.

rodriguez

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 02:06 AM »
They are putting more into BMX now but it could be argued they have been all along by offering good value for money starter bikes that get kids involved in BMX and as far as I can see most of the established brands offerings at the lower end of their ranges are hi-ten and kitted with parts from PROC too but considerably more expensive.

As for Harry Main I'm thinking can you really blame the fella he has to make a living but he is getting pelters in the BMX world.

Funny enough I thought that too about the frame but then that wouldn't be anything new, didn't a few of the Raleigh riders ride other brands stickered up as Raleighs BITD.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
BANNED

rodriguez

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 01:38 PM »
This is a great read >>  http://rideukbmx.com/news/harry-main-is-wrong-direct-sales-wont-change-bmx-for-the-better.html#LgCyuMKR4f3pdwwO.97

Interesting.  :daumenhoch:

Wonder did Mafia ever advertise on Rideukbmx as they seem to be the vehicle for most of the negativity towards Main and Mafia, definitely appears to be an agenda.

The huffing and puffing about rider owned BMX shops is a bit rich, I'd say the majority of sales are from online outlets like CRC, Winstanleys, Evans etc.

As for local bike shops BMXs are only an add on to make a extra couple of quid from the parents who spend the real money on road bikes and mountain bikes, most are inhabited by grumpy unhelpful fookers and the last thing they want is a load of teenagers hanging around their shops.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 04:54 PM »
my daughter has a small 16 inch mafia bmx and loves it , it works and rides nice . yes it`s most probably terrible made not that i can see from looking at it but she rides a bmx and without it she wouldn`t have a bmx .
does it really matter what bmx you have so long as you ride the bloody thing .

no1stuntmaster on instagram

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Harry Main & Mafia BMX

gfxgfx
gfx gfx