gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975600 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 09, 2024, 10:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Newbie needs help with a prolite
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Newbie needs help with a prolite  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Alsmithy

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Newbie needs help with a prolite
« on: May 18, 2016, 04:49 PM »
Hi my name is alan, and a couple of years ago i was given a fully restored prolite in return for some i did for a friend, i think from my limited knowledge that its from the mid 80's ts a chrome frame not painted, i have had it stored in my loft ever since im thinking of maybe selling it but i have no idea of exactly what i have or what it could be worth and if i was to sell it i would like it to go to someone who was going to appreciate it, i have taken a photo so you can have a look.

Thanks in advance for any help

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline That Swan Guy

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Newbie needs help with a prolite
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 05:30 PM »
 :popcorn:

Hi, you have broken the unwritten rule of 'what's it worth' especially with your first post.

:feebay:
Who wants to ride with Eddie Fiola?

Offline Alsmithy

• Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 05:56 PM »
Oops sorry,  as much as i like the bike, and if the right person wants it then i will sell it on, i have come here as this is the place were genuine enthusiasts of these old skool bmxs come and i dont want to just stick on ebay and it end up in the hands of a muppets

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 06:28 PM »
Your best putting the bike in the For Sale section with a price. People can always make you offers.

Offline workshyfop

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 06:33 PM »
unfortunately thats no old school bmx there....its a mish mash of parts masquerading as an old school bmx.

sorry, but no enthusiast would entertain that bike, or appreciate it.

you're best option is actually ebay it, at least then you will have a chance that some "muppet" will pay a reasonable amount thinking it is something its not.

sorry that this is not what you were hoping to hear.

Offline Alsmithy

• Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 12:32 PM »
Thanks for your help, as i have no idea what i have got i now know what it actually is, which is exactly why i cane here to find out. You say its a mish of parts what pats are on the bike? Again i dont have a clue whats on it!

Thanks

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 12:39 PM »
Looking at it it has some okay parts.  Frame is a Prolite (mid school ish though) the forks look like Landing Gear copies.  The Tuffs i'm not sure about? Look like early reproduction ones from about 2006 with no holes drilled in them for reflectors so not bad wheels.

probably lucky to get about £200 for it as a whole bike  :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 02:00 PM »
Ame grips, Elina saddle and probably copy Skyway EZ bars from the pic. Like Rob Pickle said, £200 on a very good day, if viewed from a speeding car :-\

Gotta understand joining a forum and then asking "what's my bike worth?" on your first post is a bit of a school-boy error though bud :teef:
Still limping......

Offline Alsmithy

• Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 04:43 PM »
I totally understand that what im asking is not the done thing but as i know nothing about bmx it is impossible for me to add anything to the forum which is a shame, like i said i got the bike in return for some work i did on my friends vw i did not want anything for the work i did but he knew i had always liked this bmx he had a few that he bought for his front room, and one day he just turned up with it, i only liked it for the way it looked and have no idea about anything on it, its not been about the value so much its been more of a case of understanding what it was, and if it was something desirable and someone would appreciate it more than me then i would have maybe been interested in selling it, the fact that it is what it is makes no difference to me im happy i now understand what i do have, i have tried other ways of finding out what it is but to no avail so i did most probably what anyone would do and go and ask the experts, im sorry if i have offended anyone but i could not see any other way of getting to the bottem of what i have

Thanks

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 09:14 AM »
Hi, welcome to RAD. Like others have said, it's probably worth £200 max. If you're keen to sell it, your best best would be ebay. If not, just enjoy it. Two of my favourite bikes aren't 'worth' much (maybe £300 for the two), but they're worth a great deal to me. Each to their own.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Welcome!  |  Welcome  |  Newbie needs help with a prolite

gfxgfx
gfx gfx