gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975534 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 25, 2024, 05:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Dale Holmes Podcast - Tim March
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dale Holmes Podcast - Tim March  (Read 5580 times)

Offline evamedia

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
Dale Holmes Podcast - Tim March
« on: July 22, 2016, 09:56 AM »
Dunno if any of you guys are into podcasts , but there's an excellent 3 hour (and it's only part 1) chat with Dale Holmes interviewing Tim March

http://www.daleholmes.com/?p=3923

In2bmx

Re: Dale Holmes Podcast - Tim March
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 12:00 PM »
 :daumenhoch: 

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 05:58 PM »
Got through half, really good listen  :daumenhoch:

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 06:05 PM »
Must give this a whirl.. He's always interesting even if controversial at times.
"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 05:32 AM »
Am about 2 hours into this and it's bloody excellent! TM heralds from the same part of the world as me, so it's good to hear some familiar names from back then, as well as all the famous race stories and rivalry stuff with Ruffell. Annoyingly, the recording stopped just as he was explaining about a deal he was making with Jim Melton to buy or supply or distribute (I'm not sure which) JMC frames but that Graham Merry (aka Hotwheels) beat him to it. Would like to hear more about that particular story!! Anyway, one more hour to go!!
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 11:56 PM »
Have just finished listening to this and it's well worth the effort. :daumenhoch:

I know he's got a bit of a bad rep with some but his contribution to the British old school scene is undeniable. & 30+ years down the line, I still want one of his bloody frames! :D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:56 AM by Mikku »
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 12:24 AM »
I'm just over an hour into this, and it's excellent! I'll get it downloaded and ripped as soon as i can in case the link goes down. Thanks for posting this up

Offline insectbones

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 11:57 AM »
Listened to half of this last night, and the other half this morning, enjoyed it  :daumenhoch:

I've no idea why he has a bad rep though, I never followed racing BITD.

So, was it because he was opinionated and outspoken, or something else?

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 02:41 PM »
I've no idea why he has a bad rep though, I never followed racing BITD. So, was it because he was opinionated and outspoken, or something else?

I think that's about it, accentuated by not being as media-friendly and/or savvy as his main rival.

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 12:52 PM »
Another  :bump: for this ... It's bloody brilliant !!!! :4_17_5:
Like him or loathe him it's three hours well spent discussing all things old school BMX :coolsmiley:
Andy burnt it for me onto 3 discs and I've had the pleasure of listening to it all week on my journey to and from work..
Such an interesting character and the podcast puts it all in context .. I think we forget age wise Tim was an adult surrounded by peers who were a lot younger and immature than him...

Would love to see him at MK ( controversial I know ) .. Would love him and Ruff to finally bury the hatchet at MK too.. Would be a great coup but maybe the scars run too deep in both sides ??

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2016, 06:39 PM »

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 08:01 PM »
Love that Andy!  :LolLolLolLol:
Brilliant photo :4_17_5:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 05:16 PM »
If u all want him there . It can happen if we all give him the gratitude he deserves and the main thing is getting the funds from u guys to make it happen.  Bob and Matt were not free. Supporter's of the site may just get what they want 😉

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 08:26 PM »
Here's a link to part 2 of the Dale Holmes/Tim March Podcast, recorded only a few days ago
http://www.daleholmes.com/?p=3987

I've also uploaded parts 1 and 2 to my soundcloud account, where you can stream or download them. The MK daytime helipad mixes are also still there if anyone wants them

Part 1
https://soundcloud.com/dancetothedrummersbeat/dale-holmes-and-tim-march-podcast-part-1-2016

Part 2
https://soundcloud.com/dancetothedrummersbeat/dale-holmes-and-tim-march-podcast-part-2-2016

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 08:28 PM »
If u all want him there . It can happen if we all give him the gratitude he deserves and the main thing is getting the funds from u guys to make it happen.  Bob and Matt were not free. Supporter's of the site may just get what they want 😉

I don't think he'd be up for it Steve - here's a clip from part 2 of the podcast he recorded with Dale Holmes. Ant factory pilot asked a question to Tim via facebook, and here's Tim's response and thoughts on the old school scene
https://soundcloud.com/dancetothedrummersbeat

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 09:02 PM »
I guess he's entitled to an opinion I suppose, could have been a bit more discreet in expressing it though.

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 09:06 PM »
He calls it all " bullshit " and jokingly calls us weirdos  :LolLolLolLol:
He seems to have a warped impression of MK and the whole old school scene.
I actually think if he came he might enjoy himself... Shame ... I think he'd want to be given what he thinks is the status and money of Bob Haro for coming.

It really is a shame .. I think he'd get and feel a lot of love if he came along...

In2bmx

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 09:53 PM »
He calls it all " bullshit " and jokingly calls us weirdos  :LolLolLolLol:
He seems to have a warped impression of MK and the whole old school scene.
I actually think if he came he might enjoy himself... Shame ... I think he'd want to be given what he thinks is the status and money of Bob Haro for coming.

It really is a shame .. I think he'd get and feel a lot of love if he came along...
yep . I get the same impression. He's the weird one . It is a shame .

He needs to get out more !!

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 09:58 PM »
He's an interesting character for sure.  In part 1 and part 2 he mentions that he's torn between loving and disliking many elements of BMX. He says that he has no interest in the old school scene, but in the next sentence says he likes looking at the bikes and loves seeing something new/unusual that he hasn't seen before. How did he expect Bob Haro to get to MK? Swim?  :LolLolLolLol:  I think his interpretation/perception of MK and the old school scene is maybe a little serious, particularly the comments about our obsession with all things American. I think the reason that we don't fight to get a photo with Alan Woods is that he's a constant figure in the old/contemporary bmx scene, so doesn't have the same novelty/wow factor (as much as I hate to use those terms) as the likes of Bob. Great as it was having Bob there, I would personally take more satisfaction in meeting and having a proper chat with Andy Ruffell, as he was Mr BMX for me as a kid (and he's British!!).
There's a large element of tongue in cheek, sweeping generalisation with what he says, i'm sure. I think by his own admission listening to the podcasts he would say he's a contradictory character- maybe we all are I suppose to a degree. I really enjoyed listening to him, but won't hold out much hope for him attending MK in the future!

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 03:55 AM »
As previously mentioned, he's always been opinionated and outspoken, and I guess that's part of the reason why he's still a prominent figure. I enjoyed listening to the podcasts and think it would be great if he went to MK, but such is life. Am definitely interested in seeing those books he mentions near the end of the second podcast though!

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016, 07:05 AM »
Am definitely interested in seeing those books he mentions near the end of the second podcast though!

Me too, if they ever get published  :-\ I really hope they do.
His bikes still haven't materialised, and that project has been going on a few years...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Dale Holmes Podcast - Tim March

gfxgfx
gfx gfx