gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975597 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 07, 2024, 10:08 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Who formed this Rebel Alliance ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Who formed this Rebel Alliance ???  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Who formed this Rebel Alliance ???
« on: December 06, 2016, 08:37 PM »

Ok so a few of you might have seen this on the bay a week or so back & recognised it as being a Rebel Freestyler.

In some ways you would have been correct but it's thrown up some interesting questions for me so I wondered if anyone on here knew anything about this potential (Rebel Alliance).... ???

The Frame & forks have decals that say (Elite) which i'd clocked  on the original advert ..

If it was any other frame i'd have assumed the decals were just random & might have been added later on but I know for a fact that Rebel BMX Sold this specific frame set not only just as a Rebel Freestlyer but also as a shop bike for Faze 7 Distribution who called it called it the Faze 7 street styler.

Also to be fair after giving it an oxi bath & looking at them closely they look to be original.  Each decal is specific & scaled to its positioning on the frame & looks to have been designed for this frame set.

So I'm thinking (more assuming) that this bike might have been another (re branded recreation) Made by rebel but sold to a specific customer (distributor or store) & I'm wondering who is (or was) Elite ?

Ive done some digging & There is an elite bike co, but this company was founded in the 90's so it's not them. There's also a bike in the museum in the USA but again its not even close & is much newer..

So I'm wondering were there any distributors or shops called Elite in the UK in the 1980's who might have had this branded up & sold this ?

The bike is identical in every way to the rebel & the street styler as I've owned another 3 of these but the only difference is that there are some serial numbers on the the BB & i've never seen a rebel with a serial no.

Anyway your help would be much appreciated I kinda like the decals but they are a long way gone & i think this will end up with rebel decals but if i could find anything about about it along the way that would be cool .. Cheers  :daumenhoch:

Head tube decal (cut to the shape of a spade ) & I'm wondering if this has any significance ?????

Rear Stay decal remnants :

Main tube decal close up

Main tube decal

Fork decals

seat post tube decals

Side by side :

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
Re: Who formed this Rebel Alliance ???
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 08:51 PM »
Certainly look like they're made to fit Callum, no idea who or what Elite could be though.....
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 09:11 PM »
Certainly look like they're made to fit Callum, no idea who or what Elite could be though.....

I think so mate,

I didn't know of anyone might have had a shop near them called Elite of if the decals jogged any memories for anyone who in turn might had been able to shine some light on it...

Offline chubby

• BMX Nerd
  • Needs Pegs
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 09:19 PM »
My feeling is it'd be local to them, can't imagine Rebel having hundreds of frames left doing nowt & flogging them to a larger distributor...
WANTED : 1" freestyle forks, uglier the better

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 09:58 PM »
 Maybe it was a small shop freestyle team?

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 10:22 PM »
Maybe it was a small shop freestyle team?

I guess that could be another explanation , have to admit that had never crossed my mind   :daumenhoch:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 11:35 PM »
I can't help, but that's a really cool find! :daumenhoch: Love the decals! :coolsmiley:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 12:03 AM »
Might be talking bollocks but the more I look at those decals the more I'm thinking of road bikes  ???
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 09:05 AM »
Lovely frame set and a great find but I agree that these decals were just probably added later and also agree that they look like road bike decals,I don't think theres any mystery with them just a simple replacement bitd  :daumenhoch:

ps what are your plans for it?

griff

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 10:33 AM »
Might be talking bollocks but the more I look at those decals the more I'm thinking of road bikes  ???

Good shout but a pity if that's true, I much prefer those to the 'Rebel' decals tbh

Offline Taipan

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 10:55 AM »
just looking again and if you notice the front E looks like a road bike wheel with a drop handlebar on top and the rear E looks like a rear wheel and the t next to it  like a seat? would you agree?  :)

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 12:40 PM »
just looking again and if you notice the front E looks like a road bike wheel with a drop handlebar on top and the rear E looks like a rear wheel and the t next to it  like a seat? would you agree?  :)

I want some of what you're smoking  ;D

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 11:32 PM »
 :2funny:  That said, I kind of like/agree with that idea!! Kind of! :daumenhoch:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2016, 04:35 PM »
just out of interest did the frame come from the Doncaster area? 

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2016, 06:56 AM »
just out of interest did the frame come from the Doncaster area?

No it came from the North East, Middlesborough i think.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Who formed this Rebel Alliance ???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx