gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975605 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 12, 2024, 09:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  There's nothing better than a NOS item bought from one of your heroes!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: There's nothing better than a NOS item bought from one of your heroes!  (Read 1318 times)

Offline factory pilot

• Team Owner
  • BMX Nerd
  • AKA Swiss Tony AKA Tony DeWonderful
  • Rated:

So I bought this last week and was well chuffed with it. I've always wanted one of these and was in desperate need for this colour combo for my next build.

The description of it was long and loving mentioning how it was a Porsche  inspired design and how it was lovingly hand crafted on Tim's kitchen table.

I thought nothing of it until I was looking through my PayPal stuff yesterday and found this ..

I thought is this guy for real ? And thought it was a big joke but curiosity got the better of me so I PM'd Tim on FB and got a short but sweet reply of "it was me ..."

Can't believe it .. Straight from Tim himself !
I loved it before but I absolutely adore it now !
This BMX stuff never fails to amaze me !

"Knowledge is the acceptance of ones own ignorance." Socrates 399BC

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
 :LolLolLolLol:
That's ace Ant :4_17_5:
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

Offline Funkyworm

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
He's been selling these for ages to be fair,

I got a blue one a while back & saw the same thing on my pay pal, it did make me smile.. Good old Tim !  :daumenhoch: :Great_Britain:

In2bmx

:4_17_5:

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
bought a set of well used pro class wheels a few years ago of the bay, noticed the same thing when i went to pay.  i wonder how many races he won with them.

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Great stuff Ant, particularly as we've been chatting about Tim recently. Here's a link to the 2 podcast interviews that Tim did recently with Dale Holmes. Well worth a listen.  :radbmxsmilie: and MK gets mentioned by Tim in part 2. I'd like to say it's all positive, but Tim likes riding not collecting

part 1 http://www.daleholmes.com/?p=3923

part 2 http://www.daleholmes.com/?p=3987

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Looks like it is based on Porsche seats.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
So cool  :coolsmiley:

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
That's excellent!!! :4_17_5:
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline deeman

• Site Supporter
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
The design looks like it was inspired by an early 911 seat, which I think Mr March was well known for having at the time...
SMALL MINDS TALK ABOUT PEOPLE....
MEDIUM MINDS TALK ABOUT EVENTS...
GREAT MINDS TALK ABOUT IDEAS....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  There's nothing better than a NOS item bought from one of your heroes!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx