gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975567 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 18, 2024, 12:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Skyway bolted hub nyloc nut size queries.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyway bolted hub nyloc nut size queries.  (Read 9362 times)

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
Skyway bolted hub nyloc nut size queries.
« on: October 13, 2023, 10:00 AM »
Good morning,

Two sets of my black tuffs have bolted on rear alloy hubs. I'm doing a little refurbishment on them, but struggling a bit with the nut size. Purchased three packs of nylon nuts now and they are not connecting with the thread smoothly hence they the all the wrong thread size.  Anybody on here know the correct thread size?

Many thanks,

Steve.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 10:07 AM by SDF »
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Skyway bolted hub nyloc nut size queries.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 02:32 PM »
Is it a Skyway kit? like, one of those kits they made to repair the wheels?

If it is? it is probably UNC or UNF. Imperial, basically. You might be better off buying new bolts (M5? M6?) and yeah going that route.

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 09:30 AM »
Is it a Skyway kit? like, one of those kits they made to repair the wheels?

If it is? it is probably UNC or UNF. Imperial, basically. You might be better off buying new bolts (M5? M6?) and yeah going that route.

Many thanks, I'll get a selection on order. 👍👍 both sets have the hub bolts on the rear,  apparently skyway  sent the kits to the Uk, and Halfords used them on to repair hubs on the Super  Tuff and Tuff burner?.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 12:28 PM »
Yeah then it will be some jeffed up sort of UNC.

Even if you did ID them you?d pay too much. Also, I would bet modern tensile bolts are much better and much stronger tbh.

Modern nyloc nuts are much better too :)

Problem with the sceptic tanks is like us they have different TPI or threads per inch. You have UNC (coarse) and UNF (fine) and we have 1.25, 1.5 and I'm rare cases 1mm.

The bolt situation is real, and they always use the hardest to find so you go to them and never make the info public either.

Which is why I am now a walking bolt detector.

It's even worse when they stop making spares and just bugger off, leaving you with something that cost a fortune.

My pal, god bless him, bought me a kit designed for finding the correct threads. So I'll be using those I'm sure of it.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Skyway bolted hub nyloc nut size queries.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx