gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975549 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 10:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New year resolutions. IE what are you building etc?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New year resolutions. IE what are you building etc?  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
New year resolutions. IE what are you building etc?
« on: December 27, 2023, 08:28 PM »
Yeah so I am sorta back. Mostly.

"They mostly come at night, mostly....."

When I finished the last build (the Four) I got into a big argument with my mother. Which made me just down tools and say fuggit. It wasn't worth arguing over. So I stopped doing anything at all. The hardest part has been getting nice photos to make videos with. Obviously I am far from done on that, I have a ton of bikes still to make videos on.

Well now I am doing the loft I can do that, but I also discovered I can probably fit at least two more bikes up there.

No idea what they may be, but if the right bike comes up you never know (and no, it isn't the over priced Kink Empire Rev B with the jeffed drops and tons of dents in it on Ebay).

So what do you have planned?

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: New year resolutions. IE what are you building etc?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 11:27 PM »
To finish me Changa  :LolLolLolLol:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2023, 10:01 AM »
I have yet to make a start on my old school build, so that's definitely on my list of things to do.

Apart from that, my number one goal is to keep fit and healthy, so that I can continue racing during 2024, including in North America!!
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline SDF

• Cherry Picker
  • MISS YOU DAD.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 07:25 PM »
Start my Steve Wilson factory race frame build. All the parts have by neatly laid out since last September, just haven't had the drive to start it.
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. Miss you loads Dad

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 07:38 PM »
I might do a bit of shuffling of parts.  No room gor anymore in the loft  :daumenhoch:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023, 08:22 PM »
Yeah I am pretty much at capacity. It's only after a major sort out that I reckon I could cram in another one. Well, unless I want to get dirty and lay some more flooring up there. Then I could have like, another 8  :LolLolLolLol:

Looking forward to completing the Pork. Hoping that will be the next vid once the loft is sorted and nice. IIRC I only have to fit the NOS Jives.

Offline Picklez

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2023, 08:25 PM »
Start my Steve Wilson factory race frame build. All the parts have by neatly laid out since last September, just haven't had the drive to start it.

Looking forward to seeing this one come together  :daumenhoch:
**** WANTED: Early black Comp ST's, Mint Black Shotgun 2 or OG Suede Kashi Aero, Titrons, Black-White/White-Black RadKaps. Thank You ****

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2023, 08:38 PM »
I'm back to the rust for one spring project. I've bought a rough and rusty 21 inch road frame with Tange forks. It is a Kuwahara made Hirame from the 70's. She is still a beauty, rust and all. The plan is clean and treat the frame, keeping the glorious paint, and try to save the chrome and the forks too. She will be a 5 speed or a single speed conversion. An early 22.2 shaft SR double stem along with crmo 22.2 Sakae straight bars will be used. A comfy Brooks seat and other period parts will finish her off, they are yet to be decided.

I will try to get a few BMX's finished too.

IMG-0980" border="0

IMG-0955" border="0

IMG-0981" border="0

IMG-0978" border="0

IMG-0979" border="0
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 08:40 PM by Chilli Rinse »
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2023, 09:16 PM »
Oh man that is dope ! I do like me a good road bike. I've done many miles on mine !!

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2023, 09:24 PM »
Oh man that is dope ! I do like me a good road bike. I've done many miles on mine !!

Cheers dude  fistblump It will hopefully be some cheap fun. I fell in love with the patina and that paint. I have stopped myself doing this a few times. Now it's happening.

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2023, 09:29 PM »
I just translated Hirame, it means flounder. That must be a flounder on the head badge, cool. 😎

IMG-0982" border="0
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 09:31 PM by Chilli Rinse »

Offline Mikku

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Keeping it RAD in Japan!
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2023, 11:02 PM »
Very cool!! I keep being tempted by old Kuwahara mtbs I see for sale over here but I need another bike like a hole in the head! ;D
From Dorset to Japan:- http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,182215.0.html
Ok riders, random start. Riders ready, watch the gate old gaijin make a fool of himself! :D

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2023, 11:17 PM »
Very cool!! I keep being tempted by old Kuwahara mtbs I see for sale over here but I need another bike like a hole in the head! ;D

🤣🤣🤣 so true!

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2023, 02:39 PM »
I just translated Hirame, it means flounder. That must be a flounder on the head badge, cool. 😎

IMG-0982" border="0

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2023, 03:31 PM »

IMG-0982" border="0

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New year resolutions. IE what are you building etc?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx