gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975539 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 03, 2024, 06:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Tutorial on posting pictures on this forum using Imgur as a host.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tutorial on posting pictures on this forum using Imgur as a host.  (Read 7481 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
OK guys so here it is. If you are still confused I can make a tutorial video covering the same aspects.

What you will need.

A laptop, Chromebook, note book style laptop or a desktop that runs a full blown browser not a mobile one. As I eluded to in the other thread phones and tablets are far more cut down and locked down than a real computer. As such? if you want to do anything but look and post words on the net you will need a laptop or PC. Thankfully a cheap laptop costs pennies today and is more than worth it.

OK. So the next thing you need to do is open your browser and head over to Imgur.com. There are other hosting services like IBB and so on, but they are all spam fest and ad loaded. So I would not trust them with your images. The first thing you need to bear in mind is that you WILL WANT TO USE AN ADBLOCK on your browser. Trust me on this. It will drive you insane within minutes if you do not and you will lose a lot of personal data. As such the image resize in Imgur does not work. This is deliberate. However, here is how you get around that.

In Windows you get an app called photos. Right click on the image you want to upload. Open with Photos. It should open with it automatically but it depends on the image type (so JPG, PNG etc). It will look like this.

Click the three dots up toward the top right. These.

Then click on "Resize Image". This will help you not to drive everyone crazy with honking great images.

I use a maximum of 1300 for wide aspect photos and 700 for tall ones. You only need to add one dimension, as it automatically adjusts the other. Once you are done doing that above, press the SAVE button and save the image onto your computer. Just be sure to remember where it is  :LolLolLolLol:

Go to Imgur.com and create an account. This will be easy, and will require a genuine email addy, a few clicks and a confirmation email to prove your email is not fake. Do that and then you will see this, with your account name on when you log in.

It will be top right in your browser (so Chrome, Edge etc). Click on it. That will take you here.

Click on IMAGES there. You will then be directed to your uploaded images. Then click on new post, as per the pic below.

That will open this window.

Click where I state, on "Choose photo or video". This will open your PC. Go to where you saved the smaller image. For me it is in a folder I made to do this guide.

Double click it. This will then happen.

Ignore what it says on screen and do this again. Firstly go here.

And then.

And then when you are back in your images folder click the image itself. You will note the stem pic I made is now there, top left.

Click on that image. That will open this window.

Click the copy BBCode button as I show. Then, come back to your post on the forum (use multiple tabs) and either right click in the post window and "Paste" or, just press CTRL and V on your keyboard. Like this.

And that is it. When you then hit post? it will do this.

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Tutorial on posting pictures on this forum using Imgur as a host.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 04:15 PM »
Does it work with a MacBook?

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 04:42 PM »
Yea mate should totally work.

Offline Quadog

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 04:10 PM »
thanks for the help iwas going to ask the same Question as Hotdog

also will this solve Path cannot be empty message I get when I try to attach resized image

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 01:05 PM »
Yes.

The issue with this forum is probably a hosting one. IE, it is not being paid for. Either that or it is broken, and the forum is massively outdated.

IMGUR does all of the hosting for you. You can do the resize on your computer. I am not sure what you use on a mac, but it will have a basic image tool in it (it must, surely).

The code you are injecting into the forum is called a "BB code". Or, a bulletin board code. Which is basically what a forum is (well, was BITD).

I've been mulling over buying a mac tbh. If I get really bored I may do that  :LolLolLolLol:

But yeah, your browser (usually Safari) is a HTML browser (they all are) so uploading and linking pics should be exactly the same.

Offline Andyboy77

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 08:17 PM »
Thanks for that one!  :daumenhoch:

I recently got some messages from the old picture hosting-site "photobucket" telling me I'd loose my images if I don't upgrade.
That reminded me of all the catalogs I've posted on here some moons ago. I'll try to refresh my old posts by using imgur.

Thanks again for your effort.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 02:39 PM »
Thanks for that one!  :daumenhoch:

I recently got some messages from the old picture hosting-site "photobucket" telling me I'd loose my images if I don't upgrade.
That reminded me of all the catalogs I've posted on here some moons ago. I'll try to refresh my old posts by using imgur.

Thanks again for your effort.  :daumenhoch:

Yeah they are a bunch of D bags. They tried the same with me, holding my images hostage, but I paid $1 for an app that let me download them all.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Tutorial on posting pictures on this forum using Imgur as a host.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx