gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975549 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 06:53 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Me Tarzan, you Jane.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Me Tarzan, you Jane.  (Read 6309 times)

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Me Tarzan, you Jane.
« on: March 27, 2024, 02:32 PM »
Right, slow burner build. My last 20".

I bought a Jane frame about 2 weeks ago, but forgot mum was getting the house decorated so I asked the seller to hold off on sending it. It arrived today.

Eastern Jane. Early one, with the reinforced seat tube. Nice frame tbh and plenty heavy. Now I have 90% of the parts I need for this. Including some real smexy stuff. I will list that in a sec. Before I even bought that though I bought these.

I ran them under the scanner for someone as a favour. Now the Jane came as a complete. Full 4130, too. It was available in three finishes. Cleared raw, gloss black and gloss olive.

However, the decals I have only came on the black and olive. So olive it is (always wanted a bike this colour, almost did my STA the same)

I bought some of those RC cranks earlier (FSA, GT show, Mosh etc)

And my mate will be drilling this to 32mm. He just doesn't know yet  :LolLolLolLol:

I bought green bolts for it the other week, they have arrived.

And for now this will be coming off the T1 because the new bars on that need a big ole stem.

For a fork I have some mid school landing gear in yellow. I will get rid of the 990 mounts and repaint them.

All coming in a few months.......

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Me Tarzan, you Jane.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 03:03 PM »
ffs that is what happens when you post when busy. Can someone move this to tech and resto please  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Chilli Rinse

• Look Back
  • I'm gonna need a bigger shed 😂
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 08:33 PM »
This won't get moved dude. You're best starting again in the tech and resto section and deleting this. At least you're only a few posts in  "bump"
Low end French does it for me ! 😂

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 12:28 PM »
Bah screw it we're all friends here  :LolLolLolLol:

Here will do :D

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2024, 08:14 PM »
OK. So between getting caught up in the loft conversion sorta I haven't had much time. Any spare time has been devoted to my track bike. However, I decided on the colour for Jane.

Which is really ironic, because it is the colour the Barcode should have been. Talking of that...

Will finish it later tonight. This has liberated parts for Jane.

And.

The bars need refinishing. Any way, I also did a thing.

That is for Jane also. Well, when I get it drilled to work with these.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2024, 02:19 PM »
This is about as much fun to do as it looks.

Drops repaired.

Needs a wee bit more but I literally got bored about 3 hours in  :LolLolLolLol:

Don't have any primer either, so just ordered that. Will finish the last of it tomorrow, clean it and then put some primer on it.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2024, 12:28 PM »
Still deciding on paint. I'm injured too...

I put a different wire brush in the drill (sorta donut shaped) and it bit into my trousers with the drill on lock. Thankfully managed to save my leg (could have been horrific tbh) but the drill span around the shank and when I removed it.....

So my finger is kinda rock hard today. Problem is that will need to be popped, leaving raw skin, leaving open wound for a few days. Not terribly painful now, but yeah will take some healing.

So I treated myself to the most expensive set of forks I have ever bought  :LolLolLolLol: I am 99% certain I have never spent more than this. Not for anything. They were 115 quid delivered.

The thing is? I know it was cheap. Anything FBM is now fetching a fortune. Like, stupid money. A seat clamp sold for 130 quid the other week. These are almost mint too.

So just need a good cutting and some minor paint repair. Which is what will pay for them tbh. IIRC my Kink Empire fork was 80, but it was shot and I had to do days of work on it. These are pretty much there.

I also won't be using those T1 bars as again, they need refinishing. I would probably go through the pain of that, if it wasn't for the fact that these are literally hanging in the rafters.

Odyssey 4/4. So the front end will be those, green Profile stem, green Eco headset and the FBM fork. Pretty killer stuff for a Jane, but hey I already had most of it. I found a perfectly servicable NOS rear wheel last night too, will order that in a bit. Nothing special, but perfect for the bike (you'll see why later).

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2024, 01:32 PM »
OK so this is very quickly turning into a killer bike. They all start out cheap  :LolLolLolLol:

I have wanted one of these for absolutely forever. AD 999. It is a revised, modern version of the 990 only it is CNC. Why they made them in green is a mystery, and probably why they were on sale. Course I needed a pair...

They are nice though. Even the pads are green !. I got one of these for the 4BC last year. It cost a lot more than this one !

And three SLIC cables. Two for the lower gyro, one for the front brake.

Have stuck in offers on other parts, now we wait.......

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2024, 04:26 PM »
OK so the last of the parts for now. Still need some pedals but other than that I am good.

When I finished the Barcode the other day I harvested this wheel that never looked right with the all black rear.

The skin wall tyre doesn't help it, but the fact it is black with shiny sides and black spokes did not help it either when paired up with a black rim with chrome spokes. I thought I would never find anything to put with it to make it look good but hey, I found it. For 27 quid delivered.

It's a Weinman (sic) 48 (Araya clone) with shiny side and black spokes. It even has chrome nipples.

I think that is the cheapest wheel I ever bought tbh. Good thing is it makes a pair for Jane.

Hub is a bit pony (well, the fact it is not sealed) but at that price I am not complaining at all  :LolLolLolLol:

I also bought a seat. Good thing is that those gay ass wheelie bikes basically use heavy padded mid school seats. You just need to find one without any stupid branding on.

Jungle Jane, camo green right? perfect.

Etch primer is arriving later today. Got it cheap on Amazon, so have to put up with their slow ass shit sometimes. Will get back on the frame tomorrow, as I had a load of chores to do.

Oh yeah almost forgot. I dug out the 4/4 and put the green Profile stem on. Again, perfect. Need a good buff and wax but they are brand new.

Offline Midschoolfool

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2024, 09:02 PM »
Well today I think I can claim a first.

I mean, who else has had AI draw stickers for their bike?  :LolLolLolLol:

I think it got confused at first with GI Jane.

But we got there in the end.

I then used AI to upscale it to life size  :LolLolLolLol: so at least I will get some nice clear stickers. Will fire them off to my mate with the print shop tomorrow.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Me Tarzan, you Jane.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx