gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975574 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 11:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  An Epic Morning
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: An Epic Morning  (Read 2389 times)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
An Epic Morning
« on: October 01, 2006, 07:55 PM »
Hi Radsters ;), went to Epic (in Brum) this mornin for my usual Sunday practice ready for the Xmas Meat!!!!!!!.

Anyway, here's a few pics, nowt spectacular, but did try my best (wearing my Rad BMX Summer of old skool T that never leaves my back). Note, you're never to old, if I can do it, anyone can. If anyone cares to join me at Epic, feel free 8)

Paul
Vans Style

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: An Epic Morning
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 02:07 PM »
Looking good there Stylee,  I see progression   8)

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 02:13 PM »
looking good paul

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Thanks guys, I realise myself they're not particulalry rad moves in comparison to other posts so cheers for the comments :)

I still have a very long way to go though. A lot of those Epic ramps are scary, think it's all about mindset/technique/confidence and large danglies!. If I can, the one move I wanna try and do by the time of the Xmas meet,  is a look back off one of the mini verts.......but it's all talk the talk at the mo!!

Paul
Vans Style

theRuler

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 03:38 PM »
try and get to one of the bones jams mate
the place is virtually empty each time so you can really session a ramp without some 16 year old kid tailwhipping past you as you are trying to do rollbacks

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Are you riding a regular sunday morning session?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 04:01 PM »
Looking ggod mate!  you look like you can do far more than me anyways!   :daumenhoch:

Last time we had the meet at Epic i sat on my bike for the first hour and a half sh*ting myself and thinking i would get in everyone elses way........but once you pluck up the courage to have a go......you amaze yourself at how it all comes back.

Oh and how hard the bloody floor is  ;)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 05:18 PM »
Twobobrob: Yep usually go now & then Sundays 10am-12, a sort of religious practice at the Church of Vert!!. The doors open at 10.00 so it's pretty empty but by 12ish, it's full of kids on skateboards, and that's my cue to exit!!! As far as I'm aware, I'm the only one ridin oldschool there so it gets a bit of attention...which is nice!

Pickle, I think I recall meeting you at Epic in March. Did you have chest armour on (or you were very muscular) and have a pony tail, I think I saw you on that monster vert and was impressed you could carve on it so don't diss yourself bud :daumenhoch:. Yep I agree that floor is hard...ouch!!!

Ruler: Epic is like that weekdays, empty till about 3ish but it's just a case of tryin to get time off work to ride weekdays.

I usually drag the Mrs along to carry my gear (not Wethers Originals for the kids!!) but would be cool if I could meet up with any other old skoolers although I realise that locality could be a prob.

Vans Style

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 05:43 PM »
OK.  What I'm thinking is if I go up for another Bones night session, the next couple are on Saturday nights so I could join you for a wee Sunday morning session at Epic on my way back darn sarf.......

i'll give you a shout nearer the time, I'm thinking about the one on the 21st.   :)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 05:53 PM »

i am off next week so up for a wobble in the week

MeddlE

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 05:54 PM »
Pickle, I think I recall meeting you at Epic in March. Did you have chest armour on (or you were very muscular) and have a pony tail, I think I saw you on that monster vert and was impressed you could carve on it so don't diss yourself bud :daumenhoch:. Yep I agree that floor is hard...ouch!!!

That sounds more like me, and it's chest armour not muscle! ;D  Although the impressed bit wouldn't be me.

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 07:11 PM »

That sounds more like me, and it's chest armour not muscle! ;D  Although the impressed bit wouldn't be me.

Oops :-[, my apologies to both Pickle and Meddle for getting you mixed up, please don't send the boys around :knuppel2: ;D My  excuse is we all look the same in those helmets :D

Vans Style

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 10:29 PM »
OK.  What I'm thinking is if I go up for another Bones night session, the next couple are on Saturday nights so I could join you for a wee Sunday morning session at Epic on my way back darn sarf.......

i'll give you a shout nearer the time, I'm thinking about the one on the 21st.   :)

If thats the 21st October Rob then it`s Skaterham not Bones  :crazy2:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 10:35 PM »
I think Bones is on for the 21st aswell , i think  :-\

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 03:42 AM »
You are, of course, both right......    Shame I don't pay as much attention   :-[

Skaterham it is then   :)

Sorry Stylie,  next time  :)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 05:48 PM »
You are, of course, both right......    Shame I don't pay as much attention   :-[

Skaterham it is then   :)

Sorry Stylie,  next time  :)

:'( :'( :'(
Ha ha no probs at all :)   Just means my o/s moves will remain secret till the Xmas Meet ;)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 05:52 PM by aerostylie »
Vans Style

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  An Epic Morning

gfxgfx
gfx gfx