gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975547 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 08, 2024, 02:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  s&m castillo bars
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: s&m castillo bars  (Read 4031 times)

rory

s&m castillo bars
« on: November 29, 2006, 05:59 PM »
just got some s&m 4 piece castillo bars, s&m sheild sticker is still on them but
did a castillo sticker appear on them .
if anyone can remember them and any help would be rad
thanx

YGT

Re: s&m castillo bars
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 06:13 PM »
just got some s&m 4 piece castillo bars, s&m sheild sticker is still on them but
did a castillo sticker appear on them .
if anyone can remember them and any help would be rad
thanx

Hey Rory,
they made lots of different versions of that bar such as the castillo bar, ad bar, bc bar etc.....
All were the same bars, but they kept changing the model name.
yes some versions came with a castillo sticker, and others didnt ... all depends on the time period and s&ms generall mood.
I think these bars had more model names for the same product compared to any other bmx product so far.

Mark

zed4130

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 06:23 PM »
i must admit i had some but cant even rember a sticker on them'they are great bars though  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 07:57 PM »
I think I have a pair with a castillo sticker on them., but Im not sure. I'll have a look and get a pic if there is one.

Things really kicked off with the name of those bars when Brian brought out the same shape bars from Volume and called them the Mad Dog bars. That set S&M off and the 2 companies were "sparing" over those bars for a while.

YGT

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 01:00 AM »

MeddlE

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 01:44 AM »
I have a set of the Volume Mad Dogs in clear coat, love the look of them.

Lazarou

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 07:43 PM »
I think I have a pair with a castillo sticker on them., but Im not sure. I'll have a look and get a pic if there is one.

Things really kicked off with the name of those bars when Brian brought out the same shape bars from Volume and called them the Mad Dog bars. That set S&M off and the 2 companies were "sparing" over those bars for a while.

I thought at the time that was a stroke of genius from Brian, I bet Chris saw the funny side.

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 08:08 PM »
Im sure that Chris found the name of the bars funny but there was real tention between those 2, probably still is. I bet it didnt help when S&M pro Kris Bennet went to Volume!

Lazarou

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 08:11 PM »
No way! I was under the impression that it was a friendly rivalry!

How can you be mad at Brian, he's a really nice bloke! I only met Chris once but he also seemed sound, you'd know more than me though alex!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 08:12 PM by Lazarou »

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 08:18 PM »
I met Brian a few times but dont really know him. He is def a bit strange, but in a likeable way Im sure.

Chris can be taken the wrong way, and often is, but he is cool.

SaMAlex

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 12:58 AM »
found it. Its a crap pic cos its a white sticker on a clear background.

Geth

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 06:14 PM »
I had some Castillo's without a crossbar "castillo" sticker and then when I bought some new ones later on they did have the sticker.

Not sure on the time/date of the change though.  :-\

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 06:15 PM by Geth »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  s&m castillo bars

gfxgfx
gfx gfx