gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 21, 2024, 10:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Yes Trick Team
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Yes Trick Team  (Read 9091 times)

Linus27

Re: Yes Trick Team
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2008, 02:39 PM »
I remember Darren - he was dangerous. I remember him doing a 360 and narrowly missing a small girl head - brilliant! He used to hang out with the heatherside lot (andrew Walsh, Dave Tiny, DAve Shaw) I remember those tyres being stacked too. Like I said Dangerous. Anyone remember Alan Tucker?

That would be Daz  :LolLolLolLol:  Some old names there; Walshy RIP, there was also Adam, Liam, Joe, Jamie and many more.  I was Daz's mad mate from London with the glasses; happy days  :).  Linus, I'll ask about Chris Harbour, rings a bell but I can't put a face to him at the moment!!  Lots of drunken nights at the Wheatsheaf on the Heatherside bitd  :D.

If it helps, Chris had an older brother who was a few years older that us so I guess would be around 41 ish now. I think he had to inject himself but not sure if it was hayfever or he was diabetic.

angrykid

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 05:36 PM »
I remember Darren - he was dangerous. I remember him doing a 360 and narrowly missing a small girl head - brilliant! He used to hang out with the heatherside lot (andrew Walsh, Dave Tiny, DAve Shaw) I remember those tyres being stacked too. Like I said Dangerous. Anyone remember Alan Tucker?

That would be Daz  :LolLolLolLol:  Some old names there; Walshy RIP, there was also Adam, Liam, Joe, Jamie and many more.  I was Daz's mad mate from London with the glasses; happy days  :).  Linus, I'll ask about Chris Harbour, rings a bell but I can't put a face to him at the moment!!  Lots of drunken nights at the Wheatsheaf on the Heatherside bitd  :D.

Ha, I remember you. It was long running joke with Nick Preece, tucker and co when I once suggested that you had retrofit hubs and you fired back "Campag you tw*t!" It became a mantra whenever I got it wrong. Strange thing to remember but I still say "Campag you Tw*T" under my breath on various occasions. Cheers for that
I was at school with Liam and Walsh. My brother bumped into Liam in Ibiza about 10 years ago.

Linus27

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 06:08 PM »
I remember everyone going round saying ZALA to everything like Animal from the muppets used to do  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2008, 06:52 PM »
I remember everyone going round saying ZALA to everything like Animal from the muppets used to do  :LolLolLolLol:
:LolLolLolLol:
I seem to remember something similar going on at Thorpe Park when we did a display there. I'm surprised we didn't all get banned from one particular ride as we probably frightened a few people away

angrykid

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2008, 07:21 PM »
I remember that Thorpe Park display

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Thats a good picture. I have some but they were taken from quite a way away and you can't see much of what is going on. I will have a look through them to see if any are good enough to put on here.

Here is one of you (get your binoculars out)

And this is most of us that took part
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 09:02 PM by SteveG »

rosscoe

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2008, 09:09 PM »
ace, shows on grass......used to do some of those, hated em..

erniemadden

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2008, 11:07 PM »

oh the wheatsheaf a place of dreams  :smitten: drunk in there for more than 15 years, that shithole has a special place in my Heart. went up there 2 weeks ago still some old faces. No BMXers though.

Chris Harbour is now a postie in Camberley. Used to see him in the wheatie sometimes.

Linus27

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2008, 11:30 PM »

oh the wheatsheaf a place of dreams  :smitten: drunk in there for more than 15 years, that shithole has a special place in my Heart. went up there 2 weeks ago still some old faces. No BMXers though.

Chris Harbour is now a postie in Camberley. Used to see him in the wheatie sometimes.

Still a postie. Bloody hell. I think he did that when he left school around '86. He must have the best pension ever  :LolLolLolLol:

Yeah riding on grass. Never a good thing. I remember doing a few displays on grass and it was so pants, especially trying to do things like frame stands etc.

erniemadden

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2008, 11:51 PM »

I'm afraid that was rolf Harris's cartoon club back in 92. Oh dear, I thought I'd got away with that one.

I've not seen Jon Preece for about 20 odd years. According to Adam K he's working in a shop in frimley high street. Don't know about his brother Nick either - be good to know.

Howz Becky? 

That's it cartoon club quality  :daumenhoch:

Didn't kow Nick only John, but as you have not seen hime for 20 plus years. Didn't he used to have some sort of race bike? I don't remeber him riding a freestyler, but I do remeber him jumbing that big table top down the rad track behind tomlinscote.

Beckys good has a kid live in Croydon now. Sure Nina still keeps in contact with her.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2008, 07:27 AM »

Ha, I remember you. It was long running joke with Nick Preece, tucker and co when I once suggested that you had retrofit hubs and you fired back "Campag you tw*t!" It became a mantra whenever I got it wrong. Strange thing to remember but I still say "Campag you Tw*T" under my breath on various occasions. Cheers for that
I was at school with Liam and Walsh. My brother bumped into Liam in Ibiza about 10 years ago.

Liam RIP too  :(, must be nearly 10 years now as well.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Linus27

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2008, 10:59 AM »

I'm afraid that was rolf Harris's cartoon club back in 92. Oh dear, I thought I'd got away with that one.

I've not seen Jon Preece for about 20 odd years. According to Adam K he's working in a shop in frimley high street. Don't know about his brother Nick either - be good to know.

Howz Becky? 

That's it cartoon club quality  :daumenhoch:

Didn't kow Nick only John, but as you have not seen hime for 20 plus years. Didn't he used to have some sort of race bike? I don't remeber him riding a freestyler, but I do remeber him jumbing that big table top down the rad track behind tomlinscote.

Beckys good has a kid live in Croydon now. Sure Nina still keeps in contact with her.

Yeah Jon and Nick used to race. I can't remember what they rode though. Nick even got onto TV on that Kellogs show.

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2008, 02:10 PM »
I know that Nick had a MCS Magnum XL. Probably about the only thing he could get at the time that was a bit longer. He must have been well over 6ft tall. Not sure what Jon had might have been another MCS. 
Darren might remember.

angrykid

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Nick ended up riding for PR (PAinter Rose) and he bent it riding off the top of Steve's Qarter Pipe one Sunday morning...off the side, not a drop in. Jon ended up with a white VDC Changa - mother ugly bike.
Do you remeber CHris Clopet - he had an MCS too. He live in Devon now. We're still in touch

Jon comin out of the Rom cigar bowl
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 03:44 PM by angrykid »

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2008, 04:30 PM »
I do remember Chris, think he is in one of the pictures I put on of Hawley lane. Who was the Martin that lived down your road Darren ?
A few names have come back to me but I still can't remember some poeple, must be getting old !

angrykid

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2008, 10:33 AM »
Martin 'Mooncat' Soans (pictures Left) who now lives in Houston. Had a bit of a text talk with him when workng in the states but not met up for 20 years.  He rode a JMC quite fast as I remember.

Linus27

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2008, 10:46 AM »
I remember the name Martin Soans. Smallish kid if I remember right. Do you know what happened to Michael Simon's??

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2008, 11:17 AM »
Great Picture Darren. Keep posting them on here when you get the chance. Oh I wish I had a digital camera back then !

Linus27

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2008, 11:22 AM »
Great Picture Darren. Keep posting them on here when you get the chance. Oh I wish I had a digital camera back then !

I wish I had taken more pictures back then. So many memories or events not captured. It's why I take so many photos now. Great to look back at them after so many years and remind yourself.

angrykid

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2008, 12:36 PM »
sometimes the memory is better than the proof

Linus27

« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2008, 04:51 PM »
sometimes the memory is better than the proof

Yeah true, can be a bit embaressing some of them old photos  ;D

Mikey G

« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2008, 02:33 PM »
Oh my god, Steve sent me a link to this thread and I've been going through looking at the photos. Some of this stuff I'd completely forgotten about, like the Thorpe Park display. I'll have to dig out my old photos and scan them in, I do have some belters. I see Jon Preece every now and then in Bagshot, next time I bump into him I'll tell him to check this out.

Mike Goodman

Linus27

« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2008, 05:03 PM »
Hey Mike,

Not sure if you remember me. We did some gigs together way back in the 90's. Not sure what the name of your band was but we played at a community centre between Frimley and Frimley Green and then a gig that Jo Clynes's dad put on up in a Hangar at Heathrow Airport. I have some photos if you ever want copies. Oh, we also used to do some BMX together  ;D ;D

Anyway, hope your well and yeah, get them pictures posted up. Would be great to see them.

angrykid

« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2008, 09:18 AM »
Oh dear - more photo's incoming - let the games commence.

Hello Mike G. How the devil are you?

angrykid

« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2008, 10:23 AM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Yes Trick Team

gfxgfx
gfx gfx