gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975540 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 04, 2024, 12:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Hell Riderz pic gallery
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hell Riderz pic gallery  (Read 3539 times)

raddad67

Hell Riderz pic gallery
« on: July 22, 2005, 11:00 PM »

I just put up this super cool gallery of this group of guys that were called the hellriderz. I also made a nice slide show with a few of the pictures. I figured there would be many that would enjoy these classic shots!!!

Keep on Riding!!

Mark

www.bmxfreestyler.com/galhellriders.html

Bren Gunn

Re: Hell Riderz pic gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 01:19 AM »
Man, those pics are great. Thanks for posting the link...

Now that's oldschool :)

Bren.

raddad67

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 01:40 AM »
I am just pretty glad that Jasper came along and asked me to host them on my site for the world to see. He is putting together a HUGH DVD that will be avalible some time next year. I have a ton more pictures that I will be posting later on during the week. So just keep checking back. How did you like that slide show!!! AC DC ROCKS!!!!

Mark

www.bmxfreestyler.com

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 02:01 PM »
Geroooovy!

HELLRIDER1

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 07:40 AM »
Hello there all you Fans of the Sport....My Name is   Lance Jasper...of Spokane Washington...If it  is Freestyle History you take Interest in, Man do I have some experience @ that. As A kid I really took great interest in the sport..as did MANY of US...I could not afford to Race BMX as a Kid in a household of 5 kids and not alot of money at times...none the less..I found my way to this GREAT Sport ...I have always admired the "Wizard" Publications with Special Thanks to  Bob  "OZ"Osborn and ALL of the great and Inspiring PRO TEAMS & ALL RIDERZ ...for keeping so MANY of US ALL..so stoked  to Really RIDE. and to love doing it....BMX Action   and FREESTYLIN" magz...were without a doubt, my favorites...

I was born in Spokane  11-01-69...In 1983...7th grade for me...I was at school one day and this older long haired BMX dude was "Surfing" on his bike outside the school cafeteria windows...in the street....I thought...RAD...I want to learn how to do THAT....I met him later on that day and he was really a cool person his name?...Roger Zigler aka "The Wizard of Wood" and we'd become friends...
I learned of the local Spoke-n-Sport bike shop...and the BMX Racing Team that they had going....But once I got into FREESTYLE riding, that was it for me....I never really wanted to race much after that...I got totally involved in the local FREESTYLE scene...and put in countless hours on my bike(s). Just Throw on the headphones and roll...

I would eventually get to know the other guys on the Team...As I went to high school with a few of them...
In August of 1985 ( I was 15 then)... there was a local Freestyle Comp that was put on by Spoke-n-Sport Bike Shop...the guys from the team were the judges and well qualified to do such..it was a way for them to recruit new blood and  SERIOUS riderz to the team. I actually did not do so well in the contest...I was very nervous and felt that my practice runs were much better...such is life @ timez.  Myself I am equally proficient at Flatland and Ramps/Vert...and from what they saw in me that day...I was still asked to Ride with them..officially! To me that really was like a dream come true. I had finally found my REAL way in the DOOR to it all. BMX FREESTYLE is the only sport I have ever dedicated myself to ...in my life...I am proud to say... I know I made the RIGHT choice!!!

From that day on, there were SO SO  many great times that would follow...In my own ways, I can not believe how long it all lasted. for this One Team...all of the 1980'z and thru 1994 and 97-98 also. Now the Old Team is totally retired but a few of us still ride when there is time. This year I have sacrificed ride time for another interest I have and hold. I call it ...

"Hellriderz" The BMX Inferno -As A TRUE Fan of BMX/FREESTYLE/STUNT...all formz of the sport. I am also the Teams Historian. I have worked to preserve the teams legacy and for many years now...I have happily done so. It NEEDED to be done. It still needs to be finished...the story to finally be told. To share our very signifigant personal history...The story of a TRUE ...Real UNDERDOG Team which lasted for many years. We weren't the guys who made it to the magazinez, or even made it to national contests either for that matter, but what we did was special, that I know for sure. We always existed on a lower budget as a team...but proudly!!!  

I believe that none of us wanted to see it come to the end... which is why I believe to be the reason we all stuck together here to keep our show alive as long as possible...to keep the sport alive HERE...and I suppose that it could not have lasted forever, even though in some ways I wish it could.  We were an Institution of a sort...in my opinion. One that made it alright for dedicated riderz to have an opportunity to get involved. There were actually over 30 different memberz over the years. Some would come and go...many of us would stick with it for a lot of years....a brotherhood in a way.  Some wild and KRAZY timez...for REAL folks. It was never for monetary reasons,
we did get paid alot of timez, but it always went back into the team, for lumber and bikes and stuff to keep us going. Dave Breidenbach...owner of Spoke-n-Sport Bike shop...sponsored us quite nicely over the years, parts, uniforms...(the old school dudz) a van and trailer...gas $$$...Vans shoes were kept on our feet as the bike shop always has a selection...thanks "Dave B."

The whole attitude of the team was pretty cool most of the time...we tried, for the most part to keep ourselves out of trouble, but at times on the road... we would find our way into a bit of trouble and it also would seem to find us a few times.......and we were pretty much a bunch of heavy metal headz...so it was like the attitude of a rock band on BMX bikes...outa control at times...but we loved it that way...there was always this total party atmosphere that surrounded the team...Rebels with a cause...to  spread the gospel of Radical Old School BMX Freestyle.heavy metal style....all over the pacific northwest region. Doing showz anywhere we could find a place to set up. All levels of schools, fairs, shopping malls, parades, telethons, and other special events too. Over those years there were probably at least a couple hundred gatherings of riderz for these times.
Lots of ramp jams and flatland riding sessions.  There is so much that was never filmed..or photographed...yet I still have  over a thousand photographs of it all, and tons of video footage...MANY...MANY.. Great Old School IMAGES...authentic to the Birth of the sport here in Spokane Wa.

We were a team that was GREAT in our timez and one that most of the USA never knew about...Nor the rest of the world for that matter...yes it IS true my friendz.  The Underdog- Hellriderz...The image collection/compilation of this team is SERIOUS and very much...Rad Old School Goodz...A Team Born as a BMX Racing Team..that would evolve to be come a Freestyle Team and would live most of it's years and it's greatest years entirely as a Freestyle Team....the BMX Racing side of the team left behind...and not out of lack of Respect for that aspect of the sport...It is just that we all grew to love Freestylin' riding vert and gettin air...VERY MUCH and it just went in that direction and we were having alot of fun doing shows...We were also the only Real & Serious Active Team From our regional Spokane Area. You want BMX History?...Keep reading on my BMX friendz....

I have been collecting and preserving this all since before I joined the team...taking photos and eventually compiling a tremendous amount of one teams history...since LONG before I had a computer.

My ultimate goal is to finalize this massive project and see it to some film festivals...I believe it is worth the effort to share with the world and the fans of the sport...I hope that people will want to see this "un-told history" and have it in their own personal collections/archives of the sport. There are SO MANY Great photos...wow....I am proud of what we did accomplish. I have slaved to do this and want to see it a success as much as I am capable of ...yet remain unfinished still....  I will see it through though....Hell, in comparison to what we did to make it all happen and keep it alive...this is the easier part...and I have come a long long way with it...but still have some more  rider interviews to get. It is my first indie-film...but hey I lived it ...so I guess i'll tell the story. I am qualified, I am also one of the few  members  that joined early enough and stayed long enough(until the very end)...to get to know most every single rider/member...only a few of us could fit that particular description, in regards to the team.

I hope to have it completed some time in 2006, which seems a realistic goal at this point. If you have interest in this please leave a message.... well I'm out for now.......Lance "Hellrider 1" Jasper   lancejasper@hotmail.com

Thanx 4 taking time 2 read this, I hope you find our history ...interesting.... more soon....  peace out.....L
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 05:32 PM by HELLRIDER1 »

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 08:03 AM »
DOPE pics mate
and congrats on the longest ever post on radbmx.co.uk

Rebels with a cause...to  spread the gospel of Radical Old School BMX Freestyle

love it

nornirishjon

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 12:33 PM »
Faaantastic!   ;D

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 02:26 PM »
welcome along fella....
enjoy the site...love the pics too

Dave
haro, how do you do

HELLRIDER1

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 05:47 PM »
Thanx for the supportive comments you guyz...In My opinion we're all   HELLRIDERZ....
A universal term to recognize all 2 wheeled BMX Fanatics....

How'd ya like the longest individual post ever...?  Stories to tell...ya know...

Man if a picture is worth a thousand wordz...then how many words is equivalent to over 1000 photographs and
a BUNCH of video footage?  Granted only the best stuff will make it to the final feature...yet  P L E N T Y  to work with...Keep On Rocking In The Semi-Free World...you guyz.....Hellrider 1   more soon..............................L J

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 06:28 PM »
cool pics, those 80's shots of narrow quarters and jumps over cars will always look cool

by the way your not that old, most us in the UK are the same age and have come out of retirement ;D

HELLRIDER1

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 08:05 PM »
I know that I am not as old as some of the "Old Schoolerz" out there...but man when I hit the local riding spots I definately feel old school these dayz...most of my old riding buddies are LONG gone now...some over 10 years removed....and there is yet another generation of radsterz hitting the scene pretty heavily around here...In 1975 I got my first BMX Bike and the rest is history at this point....I still have 2 nice GT's and love to ride when I can...I will always find time to get back to riding...I cannot just throw it all out...will not...   

Ride On Hellriderz...........L J

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 09:21 PM »
cool :)

look forward to your video :) if its as good as your pics, should be sweet

HELLRIDER1

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 05:24 PM »
I believe that our Hellriderz history, will be of strong interest to alot of fans of the sport...A very authentic old school team that put alot of heart into things...we had tons of great times together...I do miss all the action that surrounded the team. The rest of the guys were a really great part of it all and with this film...I want to honor what we did...and to preserve the memoriez.

Any questions???   Ask them here and I will be checking back and to give any needed answers...thanx all....

Long live the HELLRIDERZ....Everywhere....peace out 4 now....Lance Jasper...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 05:26 PM by HELLRIDER1 »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Hell Riderz pic gallery

gfxgfx
gfx gfx