gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975562 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 09:13 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  IDEA FOR THE FOR SALE SECTION......IMHO !!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: IDEA FOR THE FOR SALE SECTION......IMHO !!!  (Read 1512 times)

motomagII

Re: IDEA FOR THE FOR SALE SECTION......IMHO !!!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 06:13 PM »
well ive put stuff up for offers as its low value and i usually just want rid at what someone wants to pay .other items put value on it and youll get it sold fast or close offer from cheeky ones like me lol
no price and offers causes problems with dib dobs etc etc .
my view is price the item accordingley or use rad as auction and everyone post there offer on the post and whom ever offers most by the deadline gets the item .but gotta be offers listed on the post none of this dib dobs and pm offer crap
my view greg

steadicamsteel

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 06:19 PM »
well ive put stuff up for offers as its low value and i usually just want rid at what someone wants to pay .other items put value on it and youll get it sold fast or close offer from cheeky ones like me lol
no price and offers causes problems with dib dobs etc etc .
my view is price the item accordingley or use rad as auction and everyone post there offer on the post and whom ever offers most by the deadline gets the item .but gotta be offers listed on the post none of this dib dobs and pm offer crap
my view greg

If you publish the offers on the thread it then gets into a bidding war and we really don't want that, or do we? I really didn't realise how big this can of worms is....It's totally FOOKED UP.

Beckyboo

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 07:19 PM »

Come on who are you kidding here. A very quick google or ebay of an item name will give you a guide price or asking like minded individuals (LIKE BMX FORUM MEMBERS) what they would be willing to pay would give you an idea of somethings worth.
[/quote]

Ok, smartipants.  If I wanted to sell Gary Ellis's Cobra number plate he raced with at Redditch in '81 (which he gave me), who would know or how could I find out how much such a unique item was worth? 
[/quote]

It's worth what an individual wants or thinks it's worth. Isn't that obvious. I'm not trying to be a smartipants here. All I'm saying is that If something comes up for sale and you really want it or really need it (A) You'll probably know what they go for anyway and (B) the damn thing could be holy grail of BMX Parts and you'd offer what you (PERSONALLY) would want to pay for it. I'm in the market for a set of Original Skyway Race Bars (CHROME) I know what they're worth but I'm willing to Pay over the odds to secure an item I really, really want.

Now back to your Number Plate. First have you got proof of provinance? If so then you'll know in your own mind what it's worth. For me it's just a number plate and something that really doesn't float myt boat or get my heart racing.

I've got a signed George Best Man United Football top. To me it's priceless to someone else it's a few quid.

Get it?

[/quote]

You seem to have outlined a good argument to say an items true worth is what someone is willing to pay for it which would negate some items being able to be priced or being fair to members who are after that elusive final part.  How much an item seems worth you to cannot really be determined by anything other than what you are actually willing to pay for it.  A private pm with an offer and a decision make within a time limit seems fair to both buyers and sellers. :)

steadicamsteel

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 07:47 PM »
That's exactly my point. That's why I've set a time limit to give forum members a chance to make an offer. As I've mentioned in the Sales thread I'm more than willing to share the results of what's been sold and at what price to give other members an idea of what to expect to pay if they really have there hearts set on an item.

If a Forum moderator could confirm that this course of action is acceptable then I'm more than willing to offer the data. Again, as long as the winning offers don't mind the results being published.

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 08:12 PM »
anyway, so what did you and Mr Lhama talk about then???  ::)

cool pic BTW (sorry i'm digressing again !!  ??? :-[ ;D)
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 08:57 PM »
I'm only away for a day !  ;D

Interesting thread here & in For Sale , if only I could dig up the thread where I brought up the tricky area of offers to try & improve things some months ago & got Royally fookin' flamed by members on here ! .

Now the members are complaining ! FFS ! .

I won't say I told you so  ::)

Steadi , good luck with your sales & welcome bud  :daumenhoch: . It's BMX & we're old .   

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2007, 09:01 PM »
.... It's BMX & we're old .   

Speak for yourself, bud  ;)

steadicamsteel

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 09:11 PM »
anyway, so what did you and Mr Lhama talk about then???  ::)

cool pic BTW (sorry i'm digressing again !!  ??? :-[ ;D)

Oh the usual things, meaning of life, price of petrol, weather etc etc etc....Just kidding. Basically I spoke with the producer of the film we were making and said I'd be willing to waive my fee for the 4 days if he could arrange a sitting with the man and me. On the last day, the producer came up to me and said he'd arranged my request so I had a private sitting with his holiness abeit for 15 minutes. He's a cheeky wee chappie, let me tell you and now when I see the photograph we were definitely seperated at birth and he's the evil one.

I've hijacked the thread by digressing but hey ho something to tell the grand kids in years to come init!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  IDEA FOR THE FOR SALE SECTION......IMHO !!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx