gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975560 Posts in 138924 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 13, 2024, 10:42 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  IDEA FOR THE FOR SALE SECTION......IMHO !!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: IDEA FOR THE FOR SALE SECTION......IMHO !!!  (Read 1511 times)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
IDEA FOR THE FOR SALE SECTION......IMHO !!!
« on: February 28, 2007, 01:35 PM »
After the continued debate on how the FOR SALE Section should run, my own thoughts are below,...........................................................>>>>
IMHO, I would run things like this:

Priced Items:
All this '1st dib dobs' nonsence must stop ! If it's priced you either 'commit to buy' or it's still up for sale, if other people want the items and have the money to pay, right here, right now, then they should secure the item. If everyone says 'dib dobs to me please....oh whilst I check my bank/paypal account and oh, check ebay etc. it is unfair on those who came in 5 mins later and want to pay there and then...!

Non-Price (offers) Items:
The seller should set a deadline and tell potential buyers to submit 'Sealed Bids' and give a deadline, (ie: All bids should be submitted via PM by 8pm Sunday etc.) THE SELLER then has the right to chose which offers he will accept, ie: Not necessarily the highest offer, after all it is also a Trust thing & that is the main thing on Rad (and advantage over ebay) , to Trust the Buyer/Seller that they will PAY/SEND THE ITEMS/THE ITEM IS AS DESCRIBED IE: GENUINE ! AND IN THE CONDITION THAT IS ADVERTISED.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 01:38 PM by monkeybiscuits! »
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: IDEA FOR THE FOR SALE SECTION......IMHO !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 02:27 PM »
its a good idea.

problem is, you always get newbies who dont know the rules, or some who ignore them, and then others think, fook it if he's doing it why shouldnt I?

to tell you the truth the for sale section is the hardest section to deal with.
I want to touch ORB

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 02:29 PM »
i think the for sale section should be bmx stuff only, personally
all other non bmx items to go in the lounge

also, if you have a bundle of stuff for sale, list it all on one thread where you can

and if you are just selling something on ebay, just list it on the bay!!

the for sale section gets rammed full on a daily basis

sonic-1

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 03:06 PM »
other thing that gets me is where people ask can yer hang on for my mate he s after one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! errr if hes not on it should go to whos there at the time n willin to pay
the dib dobs thing is ok as long as yer goin to buy it NO changin mind or its a little unfair
think a separate auction section is needed as the ebay link thing pisses me off same where we are all asked to bid  on other forums NO price =it gets deleted

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 03:13 PM »
Can you not put a link into paypal on the seller thread's ?, then any for sale item once payed is payed ! Probably save a lot of hassle, just a thought  :-X

PAUL :Great_Britain:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 03:28 PM »
It's a tough one. I think the time limit thing is prob the best way to do it if seller is after offers.

Best offer by said timeline gets it. It gives everyone a chance to throw an offer in. As also mentioned may not necessarily be the one with the highest bid, but the most reliable/trustworthy member. But this is down to the sellers discretion.

It's definitely a case for a Rad Auction section.

theRuler

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 03:33 PM »
best way is to specify a price

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 03:34 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:

Amen, would sell them a lot quicket too.

theRuler

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 03:36 PM »
it simply isn't quicket to not specify a price

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 03:39 PM by theRuler »

steadicamsteel

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 03:39 PM »
I think I created a bit of a HooHa over in the FOR SALES Section. I really can't see any problem about selling items (under offer). AGREED I should have taken measures to tell forum members that there would be a dealine set, that all and I mean ALL offers would be confidential and that a guide price does probably help but is not a necessity. After all, an item is only worth what someone is willing to pay, No?

MY only intention in starting the thread was to offer Forum Members first bite of the cherry, nothing to do with greed and getting as much as I can for the items. Maybe I'm being too niave as a recent forum member, I really didn't realise what kind of a stink this would have caused. I've learn't a massive lesson though and that's not to really consider other like minded individuals  and just punt my gear onto ebay.

Have to say I'm somewhat dissapointed in the reaction I've had on the for sales thread.

Regards

Rich "always thinking of others" Steel

www.steadicams.com

theRuler

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 03:41 PM »
not your fault mate

the "offers" thing has been boiling for a good while now!

theRuler

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 03:42 PM »
dude you know everyone

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 03:59 PM »

But what if one doesn't actually know how much something is worth?

steadicamsteel

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 04:07 PM »
dude you know everyone

Separated at birth......He's my evil Doppleganger

steadicamsteel

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 04:09 PM »

Come on who are you kidding here. A very quick google or ebay of an item name will give you a guide price or asking like minded individuals (LIKE BMX FORUM MEMBERS) what they would be willing to pay would give you an idea of somethings worth.

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 04:13 PM »
Rich, it's only cos you  have some nice stuff to sell.

We don't all know the value of things for sale. We also don't want to offend people with wayout offers or overprice ourselves.

The time it takes to search for a part on the net get a price and then put an offer in , the item would have long gone.  :'(

Don't feel too bad mate, you done the right thing sticking them up for offer. As already mentioned it has been boiling for a while.

There is certainly no hard feelings.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 04:16 PM »

think a separate auction section is needed as the ebay link thing pisses me off same where we are all asked to bid  on other forums NO price =it gets deleted

We're in discussion about this constantly and the general consensus is that they need to be seperated. We do however still want to offer the facility for members to post their ebay listings, we think we have a solution but are working on the mechanic at the moment.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 04:40 PM »
While we are on the subject, I agree with deleting posts when the item is gone, but can we have a two week delay before deleting posts as its nice to be able to refer to the thread while still waiting for the delivery etc!!!
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 05:03 PM »

Come on who are you kidding here. A very quick google or ebay of an item name will give you a guide price or asking like minded individuals (LIKE BMX FORUM MEMBERS) what they would be willing to pay would give you an idea of somethings worth.

Ok, smartipants.  If I wanted to sell Gary Ellis's Cobra number plate he raced with at Redditch in '81 (which he gave me), who would know or how could I find out how much such a unique item was worth? 

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 05:05 PM »
Lou, ill give you a fiver!!!!! for it :daumenhoch: >:D
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 05:06 PM »

Ok, smartipants.  If I wanted to sell Gary Ellis's Cobra number plate he raced with at Redditch in '81 (which he gave me), who would know or how could I find out how much such a unique item was worth? 

That's a prime candidate for the bay Lucy - and then link on here... that way you'll get it's true value.

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 05:27 PM »
Lou, ill give you a fiver!!!!! for it :daumenhoch: >:D

Cool, sold!  :LolLolLolLol:

Sorry, post should have read 'Saber' not Cobra (thinking of work).  I'm not going to sell it but just trying to make the point of how rare some items could be.  :P

steadicamsteel

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 05:36 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's worth what an individual wants or thinks it's worth. Isn't that obvious. I'm not trying to be a smartipants here. All I'm saying is that If something comes up for sale and you really want it or really need it (A) You'll probably know what they go for anyway and (B) the damn thing could be holy grail of BMX Parts and you'd offer what you (PERSONALLY) would want to pay for it. I'm in the market for a set of Original Skyway Race Bars (CHROME) I know what they're worth but I'm willing to Pay over the odds to secure an item I really, really want.

Now back to your Number Plate. First have you got proof of provinance? If so then you'll know in your own mind what it's worth. For me it's just a number plate and something that really doesn't float myt boat or get my heart racing.

I've got a signed George Best Man United Football top. To me it's priceless to someone else it's a few quid.

Get it?

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 05:39 PM »

Get it?

One man's steak is another man's burger.

That's why ebay is the best for stuff of unknown value.

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 06:09 PM »
It's worth what an individual wants or thinks it's worth. Isn't that obvious. I'm not trying to be a smartipants here. All I'm saying is that If something comes up for sale and you really want it or really need it (A) You'll probably know what they go for anyway and (B) the damn thing could be holy grail of BMX Parts and you'd offer what you (PERSONALLY) would want to pay for it. I'm in the market for a set of Original Skyway Race Bars (CHROME) I know what they're worth but I'm willing to Pay over the odds to secure an item I really, really want.
I'm referring to the point of someone saying 'the best is to put a price on it', which I responded 'what if one doesn't know etc' with which you replied "Come on who are you kidding here. A very quick google or ebay of an item name will give you a guide price or ...."

I'd just like to make it clear that I'm all for the 'offers' sales as I'm pretty ignorant as regards parts and prices.  I'd also like to give people on here the first opportunity to buy before putting something on eBay.  And some things one may just not know what sort of value it is.

I'm digressing with my point a bit as I'm really referring to exceptional items, you're right, a lot of the 'normal' stuff, people are familiar with their value.

p.s. I wasn't intending to offend you with the 'smartipants' bit, it was meant in a friendly, cheeky & playful manner, so, I'm sorry if I did  :)
p.s.s. Btw, George Best football top doesn't float my boat either  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  IDEA FOR THE FOR SALE SECTION......IMHO !!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx