gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975540 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 04, 2024, 11:13 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Overseas shipping Times
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Overseas shipping Times  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Overseas shipping Times
« on: March 30, 2007, 07:24 PM »
I've bought a bike from the States but it hasn't turned up yet. It was posted 10 days ago and I can see that it was posted. How long do these things take to arrive normally.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Overseas shipping Times
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 07:27 PM »

your be glad to know si i have waited up to almost 4 months

Trev

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 07:28 PM »
there never seems to be a set time it seems.  my sister sends my brother stuff from the states all the time.  sometimes they arrive in a week, sometimes they've taken a couple of months.  i don't know if it being a bike will take longer.  but then again when maurice meyer sent me a t-shirt, i received it in THREE days!!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 07:32 PM »
It makes it difficult if you haven't recieved it in say two or three weeks because you then start thinking, do I get my money back through Paypal or not.  :-\

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:46 PM »
It depends how it is sent & who you use, if you use UPS they will tell the sender when it will be delivered they are the best, but also cost more, if it was sent USPS Airmail, Iv waited upto 20 days. I had a whole bike send the cheepest way once, by boat I think, it took 9 weeks  :(

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 07:48 PM »
USPS Airmail. Oh well then I'll just keep waiting a while longer. How long should I give them before I start getting worried and thinking of getting my money back through paypal.

Frosty

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 07:50 PM »
Zippy,

I'm in the same boat too, but the seller has not responded to e.mails requesting the tracking number etc, I'm sure he's staright up but you can't help wondering how long to leave it before making a paypal reclaim.

Fingers crossed for the both of us  :-\

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 07:51 PM »
USPS Airmail. Oh well then I'll just keep waiting a while longer. How long should I give them before I start getting worried and thinking of getting my money back through paypal.

I would give them a Month.
Don't want to Pi$$ you off, but Iv found the longer it takes, the more chance you will get hit for import duty  >:(
Sorry

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 07:54 PM »
I've bought three things from the States in the last 2 weeks and I'm having worries and issues with two of them.

A set of Skyway TA forks turned up today within a week of posting.
The Skyway TA XL bike has been posted and I'm still waiting for it.
The Hutch Trick Star frame and forks hasn't been posted and I had an email from the blokes wife to say he'd be in hospital for a few weeks and she'd try to send it as soon as possible. I don't know what to do about this one as it doesn't feel right to me and I don't want to get conned.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 08:07 PM »
log a paypal claim a couple of days before your time limit expires, that way, you still can claim , but can settle amicably if the item arrives in the meantime.
I want to touch ORB

Rooonga

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 08:12 PM »
I bought a set of flights from the states, they were posted on 7th December and still haven't arrived.

He told me that he sent them airmail, but they sat in the depot until 8th January so I am certain they went by boat.

The seller gave me a 50% refund as a good will gesture, and I have no idea whether they will arrive or not. I wonder if it might be going around the world via Japan etc, as it was sent from the west coast of the states. (Maybe that's why it's taking so long?)

I have bought loads of stuff since then from America, but this has all arrived within a couple of weeks. (Bought some stuff from darren chan (DCBMX) on ebay - and it was with me in about 4 days!)

I'll let you all know if they ever arrive.

Oh - 1 word of warning - don't leave it too long to complain to ebay/paypal. My time limit ran out ages ago as I gave him more time due to the "surface mail" delivery so I now have absolutely no protection at all - he can rip me off for the extra money, and I can do NOTHING about it!

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 08:15 PM »
I would only use Airmail now.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 08:22 PM »
What's the time limit for complaints via paypal then. If it was bought through ebay do you complain to them as well.

Also what Happens when they've sent it but it hasn't arrived. Is it their fault or just tough luck.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 08:30 PM »
What's the time limit for complaints via paypal then. If it was bought through ebay do you complain to them as well.

Also what Happens when they've sent it but it hasn't arrived. Is it their fault or just tough luck.

I think if they have proof of postage, its bad luck.

I sent a Golf club to South Africa it never got there, I did claim off the post office only £32 & I gave the buyer all his money back, but wish I had not bothered as the To$$er did not even email to say thankyou  >:( so if I send stuff oversea's again I only use UPS & let them pay the costs.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 08:38 PM »
i dont know the time limit zippy.

phone them

i know they have threatened to refund the money that people have payed to me, when an item i have posted has not turned up, so they CAN do it. fortunately for me, my posted items turned up a fee weeks later.
I want to touch ORB

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 11:01 PM »
USPS Airmail usually takes 10 working days.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 09:14 AM »
I always allow around 2 to 3 weeks. 1 of the weeks because the seller may not post it for a few days
If its a bike or frame and forks though, and  it takes longer than 2 weeks ,I'd be expecting a letter from ' HM customs and excise '
Asking you for proof of purchase. They've stung me twice now. :tickedoff:
The thing is they charge you VAT and duty on the WHOLE price including postage, oh and then Parceforce conveniently adds on a handling fee.
Basically if your item is just over a £100  you'll probably be adding an extra £40 to your bill.   :2gunsfiring_v1: Tw4ts
Fingers crossed for ya mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 09:25 AM »
UNCANNY.
I've just recieved an item i'd basically written off,
 due to it being won on tebay from ,Seller name 'Quadra angle looptail'. This guy has got a terribble reputation apparently in the U.S.
Anyway won item January 16th 2007
He actually posted item February 14th
Arrived just now March 31st
Thats 75 days after I won the auction ,DISGUSTING  ;D
He'd sent it SURFACE post $8, although he'd charged me over $20  :knuppel2:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 09:47 AM »
UNCANNY.
I've just recieved an item i'd basically written off,
 due to it being won on tebay from ,Seller name 'Quadra angle looptail'. This guy has got a terribble reputation apparently in the U.S.
Anyway won item January 16th 2007
He actually posted item February 14th
Arrived just now March 31st
Thats 75 days after I won the auction ,DISGUSTING  ;D
He'd sent it SURFACE post $8, although he'd charged me over $20  :knuppel2:

>:( >:( Feck I won a Hutch Seatclamp off this Guy, I wonder if I will ever see it, I asked for it to be sent Airmail.  >:(

Bitchy Roo

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 09:50 AM »
Just picked up my Frame n forks this morning, won off Gay bay Jan 17th, Usps surface mail, got taxed £21.00 but don't give a fook now, cos i can finally start my first build  :daumenhoch:

Rooonga

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 12:02 PM »
Looks like I have the record so far.

Posted December 8th - still not arrived!

shivadread

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 11:15 AM »
Just got my Kuwahara Bravo from North Carolina which was sent by USPS Airmail and took 28 days and cost me over US$200 shipping charge and then I had to pay duty of 12% on the cost of the bike and also on the shipping charge but no VAT as I live in Jersey

matty808

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 08:49 AM »
Regarding that quadrangle looptail guy, i won a  frame on 29 Jan, finally arrived around 20 March. Sticker on the parcel said he hadn't sent it until the beginning of March! Then had the nerve to slag off british customs even though it sailed thru without charge...."life and it's obstacles" indeed....cnut
Oh yeah, he's changed his ID again.... quadra-anglezz

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 07:19 PM »
i think i've got the silver place on shipping,  :(
won the item on 16th dec, it got posted on the 8th jan, left the us by boat 26th jan , and hasnt been seen since.

wouldnt have minded if a small item, but it was going to be the nicest bike of my collection, a proper 78 proline in white and red.
absolutly gutted and will never use surface again.

i've called parcelforce and they dont have any reports of containers failing off any boats from the us,  (although they have lost containers from iceland ?)

Gonna not be so tight and use usps air mail instead next time.  ::)

On the claims , its sometimes a tough call, as you want to be chillled out and trust people you've never met, but its starting to get a common thing on getting burned, and paypals time limits arnt generous enough. :knuppel2:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 08:25 PM »
My kappa Quad F&F took 3 & 1/2 weeks and a lot of that was due to customs and then parcelforce holding on to it then charging me for the privaledge  :2gunsfiring_v1:
Did you get the grips yet Si?
 :) DINGO :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Overseas shipping Times

gfxgfx
gfx gfx