gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 22, 2024, 12:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old School Series Future
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old School Series Future  (Read 846 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Old School Series Future
« on: May 01, 2007, 11:19 AM »
Sunday was a right laugh and it shows what can happen with some excellent organisational skills. TK the Mik and Justin have been doing a marvelous job of supporting Old School Racing at Hersden for the last few years and Ratty and others have done a great job so far on their summer series.

As an idea, I know I mentioned it quickly on Sunday, how about someone organising a simillarly run series of events up north and combining them at a grand final at the yearly Mk bash.

I'd like to do the whole summer southern series next year as well as all the hersden rounds. Please though no clashes next year please.

As I say just an idea to kick around but this old school racing could be very big and it's important that it's managed by the riders and not some far removed body.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Old School Series Future
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 11:31 AM »
From inspiration from the Hersden boys and a lack of anything for us OS riders this summer the Series was born. If enough people turn up at local events then an OS gate can happen, you only need 4 riders to make a gate work. Small beginnings leads to stuff like Sunday, and it will get bigger and bigger.....
We are already planning the winter series for us lot down here, why don't you midland and northern riders get together and do it, and as Zipps said, a meet at MK for a national OS showdown. Then we will be turning a few heads :daumenhoch:

Im sure all involved in the South series will help you with getting it started, it wasnt hard just time and effort.....
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
Re: Old School Series Future
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 11:36 AM »
sounds like a crackin idea  :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old School Series Future

gfxgfx
gfx gfx