gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975542 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 06, 2024, 07:06 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  import bikes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: import bikes  (Read 779 times)

oldgit1

import bikes
« on: May 09, 2007, 06:47 PM »
has anyone had bikes shipped over from the USA,im thinking about ordering some stuff from ginnys but dont really know wat the shipping cost would be,they said id have to order it first and then theyd calculate the shipping cost but dont want to pay more for summat from the usa than id pay in the uk.Cheers :-\

Trev

Re: import bikes
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 06:50 PM »
it's not just shipping though.  you could get stung on the import tax too.

BMXBEN

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 06:56 PM »
I bought a skyway ta from the usa it took a month to arrive then i had to pay £50 import tax in the end the bike cost me £300 still quite cheap but very nerve racking waiting for it to arrive. Smaller items have arrived in a week but some have taken 3 weeks. i was told that some items get held up at customs & there is nowt you can do about it. Also if it goes missing unless you pay for expensive insurance you do not have a leg to stand on. If you can get the items over here i would pay the extra & save all the worry.

elmo

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 07:14 PM »
I bought my swing bike from the states as i could not find one in the uk. customs hit me for £70 at the door even though i paid $58 dollors for scrap metal anyway gutted at the time,but it is one of only 2 bikes that i would not sell so worth it in the end.
i have friends who have spent £££'s and not been hit by customs

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9338/andrewsw2.jpg

ozzie_owl

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 07:53 PM »
I only buy big items from the US if  -

1) They are alot cheaper than you can get them here for.

2) It's something rare and doesn't come up for sale much.

3) I know the shipping total before bidding.

I have been stung for taxes on nearly 50%, of the bmx's i've imported and had to wait nearly 4 months for 1 to arrive.   :D

rarman1

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 09:17 PM »
you can save ££££'s but there is a risk i have lost 2 stems, 2 pairs of grips, since feb, $80 worth :'( off ebay,

but have bought stuff from shops (flatland fuel streetmafia) never lost a thing from them,

and to be fair i did get a refund for them, but i realy wanted the parts,

pay a higher price for shipping with insurance then you wont loose out, also check around some item's are only a few quid difference by the time you pay shipping and insurance anyway
 ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  import bikes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx