gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975602 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 10, 2024, 04:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  The OSS and your Bikes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The OSS and your Bikes  (Read 1405 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
The OSS and your Bikes
« on: August 19, 2007, 06:00 PM »
I was just wondering how your bikes had changed since you started racing in the OSS. We had our first Summer series at Hersden in 2005 and the bikes a lot of us rode then are vastly different to the bikes we ride now almost 3 years later.

I just wondered how you guys had progressed and what you felt about your bikes now that you've had a seasons racing under your belt.

Discuss.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: The OSS and your Bikes
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 06:20 PM »
I was just wondering how your bikes had changed since you started racing in the OSS. We had our first Summer series at Hersden in 2005 and the bikes a lot of us rode then are vastly different to the bikes we ride now almost 3 years later.

I just wondered how you guys had progressed and what you felt about your bikes now that you've had a seasons racing under your belt.

Discuss.

Great question, looking forward to the answers on this one...
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

QuadPaul

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:10 PM »
I'll get the ball rolling here then.

TBH honest my idea of old school racing is to stay as near to 100% OS parts as possible. My bike set up hasn't changed in all the time i've been racing and is 100% O/S parts.

I know I could make it ride better, with replacing some parts, or even get an OS Long TT frame, but I like the look of my bike and enjoy the fact I'm out there battling on all 25 year old parts.

That's my 2p worth.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:37 PM »
I like Pauls answer, and tbh I have tried to do the same with my PL, despite going through 3 pairs of forks, flite cranks, RL pro bars, Brute stem, XC2 pedals, DX lever, Kashi saddle, 2 seat posts, MX1000, and 3 inner tubes......

I have replaced the parts with OS parts, although I run a profile XXL stem with forklifter bars now. Slightly later but still keeping it real :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

se bikes

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 07:44 PM »
After finding the crack in my beloved baby i went all N/S from a Standard, to a Staats and a Brew, went back to the original Titan for MK an aint looked back, O/S bikes ROCK and the only change to mine is the wheels  :daumenhoch:.

Twinkle

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 12:16 AM »
I like Pauls answer, and tbh I have tried to do the same with my PL, despite going through 3 pairs of forks, flite cranks, RL pro bars, Brute stem, XC2 pedals, DX lever, Kashi saddle, 2 seat posts, MX1000, and 3 inner tubes......

I have replaced the parts with OS parts, although I run a profile XXL stem with forklifter bars now. Slightly later but still keeping it real :daumenhoch:

PMSL  ... You sounded like Trigger then from only fools n horses who got a medal for having the longest serving broom .. it had only had 87 new heads and 103 new handles too !!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:29 PM by Sharon »

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 02:22 AM »
started off in 04 on my 1984 mongoose californian all OS parts mostly NOS before hand too

and had a Haro RS2 with a mix of bits as well

then changed to a 1983 thick tubed US spec supergoose for 05 again all OS parts

then in 06 went over to a 1987 free agent
all OS parts with the exception of the cranks and tyres (most of these bikes have had new comp iii copies TBH)

and me lovely yellow top .........

cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

se

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 07:30 PM »
Mine is as-is since having a go a few times this year, just covered in dirt most of the time. Old parts always the best, what's the point in steroiding things with new bits?

nishiki14

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Well after our first year in the OSS, my trusty old Robinson Pro will have its last race with me on board at the Brits, it has served my well but like all blokes, I need a bit more length :LolLolLolLol:
As Zippy wont sell me one of his Pro XL's, ive had to make do with a Haro Pro XXL but with all the same bits on as before. So if I can unglue my wheels from the ground, everyone beware :2gunsfiring_v1:

se

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 12:50 AM »
Agghh what's all this toptube length malarky? Shorter the better. Anyone got 15.5 ins for next summer?  8)

Rooonga

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 12:55 AM »
Kev,

I'm sure you dont want this!

I'll look after it for ya!

(I actually wrote to Dale Holmes, and chatted with Tony Fleming to try to get one - but no luck!)

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 11:20 AM »
paul i wish that was mine

thats one of Galens tops
i used it as inspiration for my canary yellow version
there was a set of race pants to match that top on the bay recently
but i aint got the dosh at the mo
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

DR VINOAH

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 10:23 PM »
as i,ve said b4

keep it to what it was....................

and in the words of old blue eyes

i did it my way........................ ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  The OSS and your Bikes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx