gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975542 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: Paulo2 May 05, 2024, 11:09 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Radsters and their history
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Radsters and their history  (Read 4226 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Radsters and their history
« on: September 26, 2007, 01:13 AM »
while in a + E tonight, webdawg was trying to make me come round after being out cold for a bit, the focus was on history! Not normal history but history with a BMX theme, Ie, how many times you ended up in hospital through BMX, do you know any gay bmxers, whats yur best memories of BMX etc.... Lets hear your views :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Trev

Re: Radsters and their history
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 01:28 AM »
do you know any gay bmxers

flaz is always happy.... but i don't think that's what you quite mean....

se bikes

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:09 AM »
Crashes (there were plenty :-[)

Alvaston National, jumping into the bombhole and landed face first in the metal grill at the bottom, smashed me full face hemlmet and broke my nose :crazy2:

Slagharen Challenge Cup, first doubles, launched off the first one, mid air collission resulted in me landing on my neck and K/O ing myself, BIG headache :LolLolLolLol:

Farnham National, manualling out of a big set of doubles and forgot to put the front wheel back down  :idiot2:, landed on me arse, a trip to A & E revealed a fractured pelvis

Wigan national, jumped the triples out of the first corner, caught the back wheel on the top of the third, front of the bike went down, i'm over the bars and faceplanting, K/O'd again, 4 front teeth gone, broken collar bone, fractured shoulder joint, fractured wrist, cut me head open and broke me nose again :laugh:

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 09:10 AM »
twice for me one was knee cap snapped in two no hander endo in the rain
plus rode 3 miles to get home whilst holding me knee cap
mcmark was there lol
and 2nd was sheffield snapped collar bone

muttley

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 09:23 AM »
I wasnt even at Sheffield Rhys but when i heard you were on dirt on slicks i couldnt stop  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:30 AM »
Crashes? well had a few 'offs' but my worst one was when my (wet) Fuan 8 grips decided to come off mid air sending me face first into the tarmac!  also a beartrap style pedal taking a huge chunk out of my shin revieling my shin bone....35 stitches and a lovely big Y scar on my leg!  :daumenhoch:

Memories? my best memories of BMX as a youngster are just 'Living' for BMX! when i woke up in the morning i just wanted to get out on my bike........meeting up with friends that loved it as much as i did!  cycling to the local shop and dreaming of owning the TA or Redline hanging up behind the counter! making ramps with old wood we could find and milk crates full of bricks!  laying in bed (and this is sad i know but i can remember doing it as a child) pretending to be riding my BMX using my fingers as the bike and doing jumps and airs..........also remember getting the p*ss ripped out of me when BMX Bandits came out, as all the other kids used to sing 'BMX boys have a lot of fun....or BMX Boys take up the B*m!  :-\

Salad days!!!   :daumenhoch: :4_17_5:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 09:54 AM »
Nikki, what about when you knackered your knee?

I was only in hospital once with a broken wrist, but that's when I fell off a seesaw  :(  rode home on my bmx though.

se bikes

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 10:25 AM »
Nikki, what about when you knackered your knee?

I was only in hospital once with a broken wrist, but that's when I fell off a seesaw  :(  rode home on my bmx though.

:LolLolLolLol: forgot that one, 35mph from 8ft in the air onto concrete, the syringing fluid off without painkillers was nice.

Trev

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 10:30 AM »
when i was a kid, i was doing a backwards nose wheelie on a trick ramp - where you endo on a ramp and release your front brake and roll backwards down the ramp on your front wheel.  one time, as i went to endo, my front brake cable snapped and i headplanted the ramp hard. knocked me out cold for about half an hour. the funny thing was, my mum saw it from the kitchen and saw me lying there for half an hour and didn't come out to check on me.  when i finally made it back to my house, my mum said she thought i was just having a rest.  >:(

zed4130

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 10:36 AM »
worst crash was 8 years ago, i was doing a manuale in the days i could do them   ;D  the ground suddenlt when down hill and my bike flipped, i caught my right foot on my peg and twisted my foot backwards   :buck2:  i tried to get up , but it was facing the wrong way, a ambulance picked me up, while i was in a-e the nurses were laughing at me, because i crashed on a bmx  :-\  it got worse as they put a cast on but then realised that they had to bend my foot back before the cast set,   :shocked: it hurt big time, any way 3hour op, and a plate and 6 pins later, and 1 week in hospital, and all done,  :daumenhoch: to be honest ive broken most things on a bmx, ribs thumb, both little fingers, elbow, and a bent spine but that was when i came off my motorbike  :uglystupid2:  its all good fun   :4_17_5: hope you are ok tony what happened ?

Trev

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 11:08 AM »
worst crash was 8 years ago, i was doing a manuale in the days i could do them   ;D  the ground suddenlt when down hill and my bike flipped, i caught my right foot on my peg and twisted my foot backwards   :buck2:  i tried to get up , but it was facing the wrong way, a ambulance picked me up, while i was in a-e the nurses were laughing at me, because i crashed on a bmx  :-\  it got worse as they put a cast on but then realised that they had to bend my foot back before the cast set,   :shocked: it hurt big time, any way 3hour op, and a plate and 6 pins later, and 1 week in hospital, and all done,  :daumenhoch: to be honest ive broken most things on a bmx, ribs thumb, both little fingers, elbow, and a bent spine but that was when i came off my motorbike  :uglystupid2:  its all good fun   :4_17_5: hope you are ok tony what happened ?

sounds to me that you're a real clumsy fecker.... you best stay away from me at the CIN ride....  :LolLolLolLol:  ;D  ;D  ;D

zed4130

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 11:10 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  your not wrong trev , i think i should stay away from bikes   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 11:18 AM »
me and my bruv(94 performer) were on our way to the local park, and being all rad en that i asked him was his chain tight enough...so he checked whilst peddling....

chopped the ends off his first and second fingers as they went round the chain wheel....he crashed, got up, picked up his fingers with his other hand, told me to mind his bike and ran off ...towards home.....i was about 10 i think.

as i got home wheeling both bikes, my dad went flying past in his massive blue granada estate, on the way to A+E ,where they proceeded to sew em back on....

i was fairly fortunate...i have an excellent in built sense of self preservation and always mardied out of the hard/scary stuff....

just ponced about on the sidelines with the nice threads and the nice bike...( not much changed there then, except for my now manky threads :LolLolLolLol:)

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 11:31 AM »
ended up seeing a doctor for nine months for regular check ups.

slammed from a barspin. bar end went into me todge. 20 mins later i tried it again with the same outcome. lay for about half an hour. lazarou nearly called an ambulance in between laughing. anyway the outcome was i trapped blood vessel in the 'big fella' and could only cunjour a semi on for nine months. worse time of my life!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 11:40 AM »

sounds to me that you're a real clumsy fecker.... you best stay away from me at the CIN ride....  :LolLolLolLol:  ;D  ;D  ;D

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Oh i thought of another!  i was riding along and thought that my chain was a bit loose, so....as i was riding (yes actually turning my pedals) i thought it would be a good idea to see if it was loose with my finger!....needless to say it went all the way around the chain wheel and made me cry!  :'(

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 12:07 PM »
when i got back into this about 4 years ago me dan dare ron burgandy n others went to ape skate park i had a go in the dirt area over the rythm section, broke 5 ribs cracked my hip broke my wrist and broke my elbow in 2 places, fookin yukked, since then ive broken 23 bones in all, mostly ribs

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 12:14 PM »
Gees!! i think you need to think about a name change to Organdoner!  :LolLolLolLol:

sounds fooking painfull that mate!  :buck2:

Lazarou

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 12:25 PM »

slammed from a barspin. bar end went into me todge. 20 mins later i tried it again with the same outcome. lay for about half an hour. lazarou nearly called an ambulance in between laughing. anyway the outcome was i trapped blood vessel in the 'big fella' and could only cunjour a semi on for nine months. worse time of my life!

Aah! Fond memories!

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 12:37 PM »
Worst crash was at Tiverton broke 7 bones, 2 of them were both my elbows, try wiping your arse with 2 broken elbows, thank god my misses was understanding :LolLolLolLol:

Best memory was at crewe national in 96, i had to beat a legend Winnie Wright (RIP) to take the National No:1 title, our points were tied
wasn't i glad i got into the corner first and won

se bikes

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 12:57 PM »
Movin on from crashes to Quality peeps

Winnie Wright RIP - what a legend, the flying postman with a heart of Gold, always had a smile on his face and a kind word for all, shoulda listened to him when he warned me bout my gansta ex hubbie  :LolLolLolLol:

Rob Indri RIP - another top bloke, quality as a drinking buddy, i cant remember the number of pissed nights we spent trying to get back to out respective homes and failed :buck2:

Dylan Clayton - a true inspiration to many and just perfect bike skills, an amazing rider :daumenhoch:

The LRP Gang - How funny were you lot, would be a proper crack to see em all again, Steve and Carl "sex on wheels" Alford used to crack me up :daumenhoch: :2funny:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 01:00 PM »
.... Carl "sex on wheels" Alford  ...

Really ??  Any pics

se bikes

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 01:05 PM »
.... Carl "sex on wheels" Alford  ...

Really ??  Any pics

I'll see if i can dig some out, Gossa may have some :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 03:11 PM »

Aah! Fond memories!

9 months of giving instead of receiving was it Laz?  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 07:35 PM »
Broken my collerbone twice, my wrist once and my big toes once. Concussion at least twice and two ruptured kidneys.

The only Gay bmxer I know is Vegan/crossrider/crossdersser.

THE RACE FACE

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 07:46 PM »
i once did a big jump and landed on my head it hurt.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Radsters and their history

gfxgfx
gfx gfx