gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975527 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6346 Members - Latest Member: turbostarbars April 20, 2024, 02:59 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Another legend gone...R.I.P Ross Hill
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Another legend gone...R.I.P Ross Hill  (Read 2952 times)

laughinggravy

Another legend gone...R.I.P Ross Hill
« on: September 29, 2007, 09:52 PM »
Really bad news I'm afraid, early this morning Ross Hill, legendary S.W. Bmxer, was killed by a hit and run driver* on his way home from attending a friend's wake. For those that don't know, Ross was a dominant force in his age group from age 5 on. A well known character in the 80's and 90's race scene, he was also responsible for fostering the careers of 3 brothers by the name of Forte, who rode for his shop 'Street' in Paighton, Devon.... You see Kye's massive boost, you're seeing Ross' massive boost.
A quick story, Ross spoke to me cause he was going to Hastings for the Backyard Jam, and there was a 100 quid purse up for the first person to clear the 'Chasm' jump, and Ross fancied it. Alright mate says I, go for it, but just remember, when you see all the 'freestylers' hacking it at warp towards it, you won't need the same speed (being well aware of his seemingly gravity defying super boost). Rosco see's all the freestylers not making the distance, decides he better give it some beans....and promptly jumps the beast, a good 10 feet past the landing, and eats shit coming in on his front wheel !! (footage is on an old props) R.I.P mate.

*this was the info at the time, but is incorrect, please see this link for coroners verdict-

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/news/Pedestrian-killed-car-lay-road/article-281309-detail/article.html
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:51 AM by laughinggravy »

noddybeard

Re: Another legend gone...R.I.P Ross Hill
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 10:15 PM »
That sums Ross up in a nutshell!!
NUTTER!!
Will be missed immensly.
R.I.P Ross

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 10:26 PM »
Really sad to hear that. Ross was rad.

gossa

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 11:09 PM »
I've already posted and pm'd Shirley (Ross's mum) on bmxtalk.

Mad that I only posted that picture of Ross on here yesterday, heart breaking news. We (the LRP massive) took Rossy under our wing when he was about 15, we took him on this mad road trip to the World Champs in Holland and he was just the coolest guy to have along. 

I remember looking over at him in a sex club in Amsterdam, he had a beer in one hand, a spliff in the other, I leaned over to Tom Lynch and said 'If Ross's mum finds out about this, we're dead!!!'

RIP Ross, say hi to Indri and Winnie for us.....

laughinggravy

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 11:21 PM »
Clive, been reminiscing with mad al earlier this evening, don't reckon it's possible to mention rosco without a story coming out like the one you just posted! An amazing talent, and great friend. Can't express how much he will be missed...

mi16kie

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 12:04 AM »
Why does this shit happen? I rode with ross on many occasions but havnt seen him for a few years now.He was a fluid rider that always inspired me to try harder.
  This is really sad news :( :( :(

R.I.P. Ross Hill   (lets hope theres a decoy in heaven) :(

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 01:25 AM »
Very sad.  Never got to meet him, but heard plenty. R.I.P. Ross...

Fcuking hit and run cnuts   :knuppel2:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 02:57 AM »
RIP  :'(
A long time ago, in a land far away!

se bikes

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 03:00 AM »
Cant even begin to express how hard this news has hit me, another legend taken from us in such a cruel way, Ross loved life and BMX and i know i'll remember the fun that he had on his journey and savour the bits i got to see and enjoy.  A RAD Dude :daumenhoch:

RIP babe  :-*

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 08:40 AM »
Too young to die.  Very sad news.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 08:55 AM »
R.I.P. ross, such a waist and real loss to us all,shine bright you wont ever be forgotten.
and all our heart felt feelings go out to his family.  dan

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 10:10 AM »
What a dude. It was apleasure to have met him a few times in the dark days of 90's mid school. He'll be missed for sure.

Mum of Ross

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 10:34 AM »
For those who would like to know, here are the arrangement details for Ross' funeral:
The full details are:
We are having a Celebration of Ross's life starting at 12.30pm on Monday, 15th October at Marldon Parish Church and cremation in Torquay (optional at the Crem) then followed by a reception at his favourite venue, The Church House Inn in Marldon. As a family we request that mourning clothes are not desirable and everyone should be bright and cheerful in their clothing as Ross was in his attire and attitude. We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible.... we are having flowers from the family only but all donations will go to The Stephen Murray Fund.

SaMAlex

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 10:37 AM »
I wish I could make it.

I'll be thinking of Ross.

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 10:38 AM »
our thoughts are with you all and such a loss , a great lad.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 10:48 AM »
RIP Ross , I did'nt know you but you sound like one cool dude  ;)

se bikes

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 02:31 PM »
We'll be making the trip down, gonna be another sad day for BMX  :(

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 12:03 AM »
I didn't know him, but from what I have read on here and BMXtalk.com he was a great fella and will be sorely missed.  Very nice touch to ask to have donations made to Stephen Murray, someone that Ross was passionate about helping  :daumenhoch:.

RIP Ross.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Another legend gone...R.I.P Ross Hill

gfxgfx
gfx gfx