gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975601 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 09, 2024, 02:08 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  OSS Bike Rules
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OSS Bike Rules  (Read 3478 times)

dialledbikes

OSS Bike Rules
« on: October 05, 2007, 09:32 AM »
This thread isn't about bringing in new rules and what they should be, it's about seeing how many people are happy with the way things are and how many want the rules changed.

I'm interested in whether it's a majority who want to change, or just a few people.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: OSS Bike Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 09:38 AM »
Mike I know you started this thread with the best intentions and I know you love the OSS as much as me. I just hope this thread doesnt get abused like the last few on this subject.

Maybe a few common sense answers, instead of crap is needed, then lets move the OSS away from this subject, before it dies an ugly death.
A long time ago, in a land far away!

dialledbikes

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 09:46 AM »
Hi Tony.  That's why I made a point of saying this thread isn't about the rules per se, and is just about whether people think they should be changed not.

Hopefully people will just vote and not turn it into a slanging match.

Bring on Hersden (1 week to go!).

:daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 09:50 AM »
I cant wait for Hersden mike (Can i collect my new frame please :angel:)
I personally feel a lot of the friction is due to us having a month off of racing, we are getting stir crazy :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 09:52 AM »
Yes mate, I will bring it.

I agree.  We're all going stir crazy from no bike action (I haven't ridden for 2 weeks!).  Funny how none of this gets discussed at the race meetings, only when we're bored to death in front of a PC!

Anyway, Chesterfield tomorrow & Sunday for some new school action for me.  37-41 Open Class.  Track is rad!

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 09:55 AM »
Good luck this weekend Mike, and all the Dialled bikes team!!! Lets see some good results from you lot.

Its looking like I wont be fit for a couple more weeks yet :-\, but I will race at Hersden, even if its with 6 nurofen (just hope I dont get dope tested) :daumenhoch:

KGB Matt

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 01:19 PM »
Tony .....you have been dope tested and its offical.

You are a DOPE.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

bmx-796

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 01:37 PM »
my votes in   :daumenhoch:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 01:49 PM »
Could someone actually tell me what the rules are ? as i was under the impression it was as it has always been

1 inch threaded
caliper brake

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 01:56 PM »
Could someone actually tell me what the rules are ? as i was under the impression it was as it has always been

1 inch threaded
caliper brake

Those are the current rules and hopefully they will stay that way.

However, a suggestion has been made to impose an additional rule of 1979-1989 bikes only, but most people seem opposed to the introduction of this new rule.

Hopefully this vote will show public opinion and put an end to talk of this new rule.

SaMAlex

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 02:02 PM »
Ive just picked up a cracker of a bike. Its all set for OSS racing. Its a very rare 1980 cooks bros frame, forks and stem.

No probs here, its well within any OSS age limits ..... oh, hang on ..... is this stem OK?  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 02:34 PM by S&MAlex »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2007, 02:23 PM »
wow where did you get that pic Alex? Was that the start of the modern design? It does look threaded to me though, so yes you can race it :LolLolLolLol:

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2007, 02:28 PM »
lol @alex.....even your "virtual" stash is brilliant...
I want to touch ORB

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2007, 02:33 PM »
The current rules are perfect.  Simple, straightforward and give everyone wishing to take part clear guidelines when it comes to building up an OS-legal race bike.  Those are the rules I followed when sourcing an OS frameset to build up.  I accepted the rules as they stood and made my choice of bike accordingly. The current rules do a good job in protecting those riding proper old school bikes, keeping the racing reasonably competetive and allowing a broad range of members the chance to get out and have fun on their bikes, which is really what it's all about.  :daumenhoch:

No new rules please, especially on the age of bikes.  It will all get too confusing and people have spent a lot of time and money putting together their OS race bikes based on the current rules.  There's absolutely nothing in the current rules that needs changing IMHO.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2007, 02:47 PM »
threaded headset caliper brake thats it i reckon

the biggest thing affecting these races is surely is new school racers on old school bikes, so who gives a fook what year the bike is as long as its threaded n calipered, os cruisers n freestylers n race bikes are often on the same gate so keep it real, keep it simple :daumenhoch: if someone in 83 turned up with a bike they had modded the brake system on, as long as it was deemed safe then it was allowed to race,

dialledbikes

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 03:21 PM »
Form the races I've been to, the OS races are as much about the people who take part as they are about the bikes.

The BMX bike is what unites those people and shouldn't be used as a device to divide them.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 05:40 PM »
IMHO i stopped racing old school when it became serious , when people started to mod newer bikes or look to get the newest ride that fit the rules

now thats just me and that was my choice as for me it was about the having a laugh not the competition

which is why the arsed and not arsed was introduced

but then people entered the not arsed to win it lol  ::)

In my veiw your right its about the riding 1st , and the bikes second, its not my call but it seems that you have rules already and trying to add more only takes the fun out of it

which for me went when it all started to get serious, i quite liked the cups of tea on top of the table top and not being in with the new school meets

but i know a lot wanted to compete and thats why the osss s s s s exists to cater for that racy vibe  :daumenhoch:

dan-dare

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 05:53 PM »
thats why the osss s s s s exists to cater for that racy vibe  :daumenhoch:

Nicely put Rich. :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 05:55 PM »

:) DINGO :)

se bikes

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 06:15 PM »
I'm off for a kip, someone wake me when this thread is over  :LolLolLolLol:

Twinkle

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 07:03 PM »
i think you obviously havnt got enough races organised that you all keep bitching and moaning about the same things over and over and over ... god they say women can go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just get on with riding what ever BMX bike you have and enter the relevant category and enjoy  :)

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 07:35 PM »
rules, rules, rules, bollox to all that i'm riding grifter at the next one!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 07:36 PM »
It's all been said before so no point in regurgitating it all again.  Historic bikes (some old, some not so old but all interesting in their own way, in that they're not seen on the gate for the new school classes) and some great riders (some old, some not so old but all interesting in their own way) united in their desire to have some fun.  Overweight, tall, unhealthy guys on bikes best suited to their personal frame size now rather than what they were like back in the day.  Main thing is that the OSS has drawn out of 'retirement' lots of peeps who a few years ago wouldn't have dreamed of riding a BMX again, never mind racing one!!  And those that have a thirst to go faster are lining up to join the ranks of the new school brigade next year so that next years' influx to OS can just get on with enjoying the racing and the bon homme that exists trackside.  And for God's sake let's get out on the track as soon as possible and settle the scores  ;) rather than carping on here as e-heroes and p***ing everyone off.  Humps

KGB Matt

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2007, 12:02 AM »
It's all been said before so no point in regurgitating it all again.  Historic bikes (some old, some not so old but all interesting in their own way, in that they're not seen on the gate for the new school classes) and some great riders (some old, some not so old but all interesting in their own way) united in their desire to have some fun.  Overweight, tall, unhealthy guys on bikes best suited to their personal frame size now rather than what they were like back in the day.  Main thing is that the OSS has drawn out of 'retirement' lots of peeps who a few years ago wouldn't have dreamed of riding a BMX again, never mind racing one!!  And those that have a thirst to go faster are lining up to join the ranks of the new school brigade next year so that next years' influx to OS can just get on with enjoying the racing and the bon homme that exists trackside.  And for God's sake let's get out on the track as soon as possible and settle the scores  ;) rather than carping on here as e-heroes and p***ing everyone off.  Humps

What he said.

Matt

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2007, 12:10 AM »
wtf is a bon homme?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  OSS Bike Rules

gfxgfx