gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975573 Posts in 138925 Topics by 6347 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 23, 2024, 02:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  cardiff riding scene back in the day................
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cardiff riding scene back in the day................  (Read 891 times)

welsh denny

cardiff riding scene back in the day................
« on: October 23, 2007, 12:21 AM »
edited this for myspace last year. bout time i posted it up here. enjoy.

workshyfop

Re: cardiff riding scene back in the day................
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 12:30 AM »
shit, those reardon boys could ride!! Denny, was that in the old john hall tools warehouse, where the studenty flats and that pub are now?? i'm sure it was, but twenty years is a long time back, great little vid though.

welsh denny

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 12:43 AM »
shit, those reardon boys could ride!! Denny, was that in the old john hall tools warehouse, where the studenty flats and that pub are now?? i'm sure it was, but twenty years is a long time back, great little vid though.

indeed it was. the worst thing is we had no warning to get the ramps out before it was bulldozed ( the warehouse was rented by andy for £1 a month!!) so we lost 3 1/4pipes and 1 trick ramp (andy's vincent ramp on trailer,justin's fibreglass 1/4 and the 1/4 marc made.) such great memories of the place. the land lay empty for over 10 years then. gutting.

workshyfop

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 01:09 AM »
a quid a month!!! thats insane. i always wondered how much it must have cost them to rent the building. always thought they must have had very wealthy and generous parents. a quid. still can't get over that.
that place was something of a legend for us groms up in the valleys. you had proper ramps there!! and all we had up here in Aberdare was one shitty little quarter pipe that we put up next to the bmx track that used to be in the Dare valley country park.
 it only lasted a few weeks before some chavs wrecked it. was great to see the vid of the reardons though. quite surprised at how awesome they were back then. high airs on those narrow ramps.
the council should have built a skatepark on that ground instead of flats . sacriledge.  really crappy about the warehouse getting dozed without forewarning you.

gareth rs1800

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 06:09 PM »
the bestest place to go every weekend i used to love the wearhouse and riding with all pukka guys it was just brill.

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 02:56 AM »
great vid, used to love it there to

I used to race the Aber track years back, still got my members card

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  cardiff riding scene back in the day................

gfxgfx
gfx gfx