gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975556 Posts in 138923 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 12, 2024, 02:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Charging Money
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Charging Money  (Read 692 times)

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Charging Money
« on: January 29, 2008, 08:25 AM »
Posted this in the Racing thread 'why has the sponsorship thread from ratty dissappeared???'  thought I'd post it here aswell cause I think it would work  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Anyway you can regulate what people can see on the site by date ?

Could be good to set the forum in a manner so only members can see posts from the last 28 days.  That way new users of the site can see all posts from over a month ago to get a feel of whats going on but need to sign up to see what's new..........?

TBH £12 membership is fek all (£1 a month) and being able to look at older threads will give peeps an insight into what they get for the money.  Obviously For Sale/Trade/Wanted should be off limits to anyone but members.  I've noticed the odd 'For Sale' thread lately from people with a post count of 1 (which isn't a massive problem but would be worth RAD capitalising on it)

Just my two penneth   ;)

wildwood1971

Re: Charging Money
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 09:33 AM »
I'd pay - i think £12 or there abouts is more than worth it. - how much does one old magazine go for on ebay!!! - stricks me theres a huge knowledge base on here plenty more info than you would ever get from a mag - plus the for sale / wanted section - then theres the tech section - and thats before you get to the priceless banter.

£12 is a deal - its a steal - its the sale of the foooking century!

Cheap as chips i reckon.

As long as i can pay by postal order - can't stand that damm paypal thing  :LolLolLolLol:

Paul  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 11:12 AM »
i mentioned this before and not sure how easy it would be to implement but, charging by posts may be a good way not to put people off joining and may cut the crap, eg, every 200 posts or (whatever seems viable) (first 200 free, as to not put new members off joining) an automated email is sent requesting £1 (or whatever seem fair and will work) to continue using the site, more a pay as you go and by the time newbies reach a certain post count, they aint newbies anymore and shouldnt begrudge payment. just an idea i have no idea how on figures just an avenue to look down i suppose, feel free to fook me off :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 11:50 AM »
TW@T :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  Charging Money

gfxgfx
gfx gfx