gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975549 Posts in 138921 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: 19sk80s May 09, 2024, 01:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  you call it Raleigh, we call it Rampar. 1979 Reynolds R11 XL build.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: you call it Raleigh, we call it Rampar. 1979 Reynolds R11 XL build.  (Read 3965 times)

bridgecity

Built as a rider.

Moschops

What an incredably informative post,

Thanks Fella :daumenhoch:

PS liking the build.

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
We actually call it a RALEIGH RAMPAR.... as that what it is...  ;)

Nice build mate... looks cool...

Don't get strangled in that brake cable though dude...  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 06:58 PM by beard1973 »

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Great post, nice bike :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
thats nice great colour combo
and beard its a rear cable lol

magna13

Loving That Rampar  :smitten: :daumenhoch: :smitten: :daumenhoch: :smitten: :daumenhoch:

bridgecity

thank you.

Ha ha, yah that cable does need shortened. It came off of a Cook Bros. which was apparently a bit longer frame.

Oh yah, I also learned that Raleigh put out the R11 XL frame as a Raleigh Viper in Australia. not sure what year that happened.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:

sure i have seen that balcony in a few ebay auctions, nice bike btw

bridgecity

nope, that balcony has never been in any ebay auction picture. I've only sold one complete bike on ebay and it went for peanuts, won't make that mistake again.

also, those red parts are all redone candy paint. matches the araya red quite well up close, I was surprised.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Like that , something a bit different  ;)

baldbmxer

Woohoo - Easy rider! I'm getting a chopper feeling from that!  :LolLolLolLol:

Needs a layback post or the bars would be in yer groin!

nice though  ;)

thecrooch

loving that Mark - well done...

Any movement on the Skunkwerks stickers - im sorta ready for it to go to the painters and want to get them to fit the stickers while they are there (and i dont bugger them up!)

SO whats next?

bridgecity

You are right the bike has a chopper effect and feels like riding an old dirtbike (motorcycle)

Simon,  we are still being hit regularly with very cold weather, then ice so weather hasn't been good for travel.  If it is warm enough this weekend I will drive over and pick up your decals.  If I can get them this weekend I will mail them out first thing Monday. Please let me know the safest way to send a small package over there. email me, please.

I gave the bike above to a good old friend and riding buddy so I am ready for the next project.
It will be this.  I'm going real oldschool with a 10 speed race bike influence.  early 70s leather racing saddle, some modified 3 piece road bike cranks, old steel rat traps, or maybe racing pedals with the cage.  don't really know where it's going but I'm going to take it way off the beaten path reminiscent of the mid 70s experimentation we liked to do for fun.
I'd love to have some weinman 7b type rims for it but those are expensive and hard to come by in the states.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  you call it Raleigh, we call it Rampar. 1979 Reynolds R11 XL build.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx