gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975608 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 16, 2024, 03:00 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  1994 POW Diary on fat magazine **Part 3 added**
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 1994 POW Diary on fat magazine **Part 3 added**  (Read 2536 times)

SaMAlex

1994 POW Diary on fat magazine **Part 3 added**
« on: March 04, 2008, 07:51 PM »
A while ago I posted up a link to a story that Moeller wrote in 1994. It was a diary of visits to the POW House over a few weels or so. It was meant to be used in a non BMX magazine that Spike Jones and Lew started doing after Freestylin’ but the magazine was stopped before the story got used. Some how it found its way onto a web site (I think its still there somewhere).

Last week Fat magazine ran some of the story. They have split it into 3 parts and they ran the second installment this week. It all makes for great reading and there are some pictures with captions. If you weren’t around at the time of the POW house, or even if you were, the story is very educational.

POW Part 1
http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php'storyid=4123

POW Part 2
http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php'storyid=4126
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 07:51 PM by S&MAlex »

geoffcrabble

Re: 1994 POW Diary on fat magazine
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 08:21 PM »
good insight into the pow house. must have been a mental place to be around!!!
remember seeing it on the videos at the time, didnt the house get buldozed?
cant wait for the next part!

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 08:25 PM »
I think the house is still there. The other day me and Grant ("BSD forever") were trying to find it on Google maps. Not easy now all the ramps are gone.

There are a few little POW Video clips that I put up on Youtube. There are links in the Video section somewhere.

teamsano

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 02:31 PM »
yip i found the street on google earth and me and grant were trying to work out which house it was, i reckoned it was the one with the tree in the front garden.
i'm off to cali for the summer, so damn sure im going to go find it again!

Lazarou

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 02:44 PM »
You guys can tell me, was the POW house as smelly as it looked?

teamsano

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 03:02 PM »
it was worse.

you seriously couldnt see the floor for hamburger wrappers and beer cans, the bathroom sink had a permanent 'scum' of shaving bristles and theres was a huge spiders nest in the shower (which i was told, 'dont kill the spiders, they eat the ants'), there was no rear door (at all) on the house and there was a permnent trails of ants leading from the back garden to the fridge. under the jump box in the backyard there was a bees nest, and after one jump, theyd come swarming out, so the backyard was shut off for another half hour till they cleared again.

i was advised by will smyth that i should sleep on my bathroom floor for one nite to accustomise myself before going there.

if i was to give advice to anyone, it would be to sleep in a skip for a month before going.

Matt S.

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 06:02 PM »
Great stuff guys.

I'm with Lazarou, I always wondered how crazy it actually was there. And was it more of a party house with BMX thrown in, or was it BMX full time with partying thrown inbetween?  >:D

Either way, I'm sure it was an experience!

Off to look for Alex's clips.

-Matt

SaMAlex

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 07:46 PM »

Third and final part is up. Bart has even put the links to the Youtube vid clips with it.

http://www.fatbmx.com/modules/news/article.php'storyid=4146

geoffcrabble

Re: 1994 POW Diary on fat magazine **Part 3 added**
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 11:09 PM »
i must have been thinkin of a similar place lived in by skateboarders?? was on a big brother vid?

gossa

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 11:24 PM »
Alex, I think I got a POW t-shirt somewhere but cooler than that, I gotta HBP (Huntingdon beach Pro's) t!!

SaMAlex

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 07:40 PM »
Alex, I think I got a POW t-shirt somewhere but cooler than that, I gotta HBP (Huntingdon beach Pro's) t!!

An HBP shirt? Now that really is knocking on the 'Old School' door! I think that place got spoken about in BMX Action a few times.

gossa

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Imagine the cheapest quality t shirt you could buy, really thin cotton and all out of shape after one wash, yep, HBP's were cheap ass mofo's...!

subversion

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 02:59 PM »
if i was to give advice to anyone, it would be to sleep in a skip for a month before going.

:LolLolLolLol:

bsdforever

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 03:16 PM »
I have a cool POW shirt still, I'll try and get a photo online

it has a picture of a St Ides forty on it

gossa

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 09:38 PM »
alex, found a mint POW shirt, an HBP shirt plus the mother load of jive tops! want any?

SaMAlex

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 10:33 PM »
alex, found a mint POW shirt, an HBP shirt plus the mother load of jive tops! want any?

yes please!!

teamsano

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 07:17 PM »
dont suppose you have any jive tops in 'manly' sizes?

gossa

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 09:20 PM »

yes please!!

Alex, you still skinny?  Look what I found today, gotta be the rarest t-shirt of all time, a 'flail' 'zine T with a pic of Will grinding on a Dirt Bike on it.  Now shall I send it to you? Hmmm, how bad do you want it, beg doggy beg!  :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 09:24 PM »
Ive never even heard of 'flail' 'zine? That is a rad shot and a great shirt.
Im lean! T-shirt size Small or Medium usually.

Ive gotta have something you need Clive, I keep an eye on your 'wanteds' but Ive not found anything yet.

gossa

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 09:24 PM »
dont suppose you have any jive tops in 'manly' sizes?

As for you gogo me old son, XL any good to ya????

gossa

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 09:28 PM »
Ive never even heard of 'flail' 'zine? That is a rad shot and a great shirt.
Im lean! T-shirt size Small or Medium usually.

Ive gotta have something you need Clive, I keep an eye on your 'wanteds' but Ive not found anything yet.

Aw man, your credibility just dropped through the floor! 'Flail' was a very limited zine put out by Will and the jive posse.  Man this t-shirt is so rare that I bet Will wouldn't even remember it, I reckon they made less than 5 of them. It's yours if you want it.........

SaMAlex

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 09:30 PM »
That would be great Clive, thanks loads.

Is that you in the bushes on that magazine? The picture of you taken lurking behind a burm at a BMX Action shot?

gossa

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 09:38 PM »
That would be great Clive, thanks loads.

Is that you in the bushes on that magazine? The picture of you taken lurking behind a burm at a BMX Action shot?

'tis me lurking, a pith take out of the BMXA shot......i'll get you a little pack together.....

SaMAlex

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2008, 09:41 PM »
i'll get you a little pack together.....

Top man Clive, love ya  :daumenhoch:

Matt S.

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 09:57 AM »
Sorry to but in, fellas :)

Looks like you always had good taste in T-shirts, Clive  ;)

-Matt

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  1994 POW Diary on fat magazine **Part 3 added**

gfxgfx
gfx gfx